car modification on petrol saving

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Honestly like they all said.. ur FC is ridiculous.. all of my friends using 4G13 using carb also can get better milelage than ur car..

Like all of them said.. no point u going modding with out thinking first.. and like they said FC is very subjective.. different driving styles would give u different FC even on the same engine..

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
For 7 years old 1.3 Wira, you cannot expect much. But like others said 0.25 per km is too much. Few things you have to check already like engine mounting, timing belt, idling timing, clucth and others. Can consider a top overhaul also. Then after all done, then adjust the timing to around 800-1000. Change to 9.5mm plug cable and Bosch Super4(total around rm170). It will more or less help you on FC and some minor performance increase. Don't expect your 1.3 engine will perform like an 1.5 engine.

hi1983

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
i mod my waja that gave better power and FC, how to say?

becos of point , power efficiency + ICE for driving mod.

you must check your engine best efficiens rpm, than mod it to lower or higher the power efficiency band to your mostly drive.

simple keep clean your engine air intake, oil pressure,

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
for my case, 4g15 carb, rebore and with some cams... 20 bucks about 10.40litres running on 3k rpm gearchanges, i get exactly 98km's b4 1st light comes out, and pumping petronas only, if i pump shell i get lesser.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
fstrader said:
for my case, 4g15 carb, rebore and with some cams... 20 bucks about 10.40litres running on 3k rpm gearchanges, i get exactly 98km's b4 1st light comes out, and pumping petronas only, if i pump shell i get lesser.
sifoo fred, means petronas give u more mileage compare to shell??...

i remember last time, everyone was supporting shell... now they gone worse adi??... my car cant touch 10km/litre also lar.... last time can la.... i still using shell unleaded...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
i can't even use shell, use shell my engine choke and shake and die..

petronas okay, but feel like got knocking only..

now use esso, no prob.. but dunno fc good or not..

kelvin_dawson

Jan 21, 2006
My 4g15 ten yrs old d.....thought wana change few weeks ago but havin financial problem so end up full overhaul coz white smoke come out d. Before overhaul my FC is 25cent/km which is quite high and same as turbo car. But fortunately my 4G15 give me a good impression by providing more power compare to other 4G15 and i got no idea where tht power come from. Even my mechanis n frenz who test drive my car said so. Now my car had already come out from the workshop. Sadly i come rev my engine to c how powerful izzit after overhaul coz i need to run the engine for 1000km. Now ony reach 400++ still long way to go. For information this is the spec of my car that i had installed and mayb all this parts that i installed may result in 25cent/km :)

1. 1.8 Super Touring Flywheel
2. 15inch sport rim
3. 4 points front bar Ultra Racing
4. 2 points rear bar Hot BIts
5. HWL adjustable
6. 4-2-1 Rimus extractor
7. whole eksoz system

Before overhaul i got a good handling and power (not to compare to 4G92,93) due to all the modification. After overhaul, haven noe yet coz i haven rev my car to max hehe...

Just that if wana get more power, FC is a must to sacrifice. There's no free lunch in this world rite? where u have to pay for ur food...same as the situation here where u have to pay for more power.

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
BUt to do overhaul is quite expensive rite? endup like paying like buying a new engine? i heard overhaul costing about RM1k ++... expensive

and like kyheng said i need to check engine mounting, timing belt, idling timing, clucth and others. How should i talk with the mechanic if he is a chinese? or should i ask him to make a big service for my whole car?

I was thinking like if so much trouble i better return the wira to my cousin dy :( My 25 yrs old 323 Mazda still the most powerful 1 ! >:)

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
if u are having a mazda 323
might as well keep that car instead of re-doing the wira
firstly, the bulid of that car is better than wira (provided the 323 has been taken care properly over the years)

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
last time this 323 FC is 25 cent/km 1.. but after i change the plug coil ( i am not sure correct term or not) and the plug cable, I can immediately feel the power of the car.. and have significant better FC also :P

This car giving me alot problem already. The car have sound come from rear when my car moving (just changed my absorber). Besides that.. when i turning the car, the car will make sound too ( wonder is the drive shaft problem). Instead of non-stop repair the car, my mom suggest me to get the wira....

so... i am still dilemma. sigh

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
If need to do full overhaul then can consider a new engine, if not, top overhaul will do, cost around 500-600 depend on engine..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey there :ciao: , my car recently starting to develop a two cylinder misfire when ever i leave it to cool down after driving , the next time i started it up it will misfire and with couple of revs it will clears out and its running great until i let it cools down and restart it again .

Water level gone down by a lil each day , there is soot particle in the coolant & top of expansion tank thus diagnosed as a small leak in head gasket allowing combustion gasses into cooling system .

I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience