car modification on petrol saving

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
Hi guys, i going to get a yr 97 1.3 wira from my cousin. According to him the car is underpower and very petrol consuming.

So I am thinking of modify the engine. Here i have some question , and hope sifu sifu sekalian can help to solve my prob :_:

1) Change engine is the best way to increase power and save petrol?

2) What kind of engine is most suitable for saving petrol (Priority) and follow by increase horse power. (pls list down the name of engine, preferably explain why :) )

3)After change engine, what other thing I should modify (exhaust, filter, etc? what brand recommended?)

4)What are the approximation cost including engine and fees?

PS: i am tight budget as i am a graduating student :D

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
but if ur car underpower and u will need to push more on the "oil pedal" (Sorry i do not know the name for it) in order to accelerate your car. Still Fuel consuming rite?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
ahren said:
1) Change engine is the best way to increase power and save petrol?

2) What kind of engine is most suitable for saving petrol (Priority) and follow by increase horse power. (pls list down the name of engine, preferably explain why :) )

3)After change engine, what other thing I should modify (exhaust, filter, etc? what brand recommended?)

4)What are the approximation cost including engine and fees?
1) maintain ur car engine in tip top condition... that helps ur FC...
2) mivec md
3) more power = more fuel
4) depends on what engine u are looking for...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
aiyoh.there's no such thing as more power less fuel! doesnt make sense...................................

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
in that case i put FC second priority :P

Which engine is more suitable for wira 1.3? i want to increase some HP but FC friendly :P

I got some friend recommend me to take 4G91 instead of 4g92, 4g93, mivec, t urbo and etc...

sorry i am really noob in car modd.. so need sifu sekalian help me. I willing to spend around 5K for engine modd :embaressed_smile:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
mivec md should be cool, dunno much about it, but what i'm told is it will run on 2 piston if you drive slow, that means its power cut in half.. then FC also cut in half.. :biggrin:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Correct me if wrong... MIVEC MD will use 2 pistons during idling (stuck at traffic jams or simply not moving).

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
acbc sifu, does that mean Mivec MD kinda economical? ( but what is mivec md!!! lolz )

what is 4age? mind to enlighten me?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Yes but no matter how economical, it is an old technology as with any Mitsu engine.

4AGE is an engine from Toyota but I don't think u can put that into a Wira chassis with approval anymore. These days, ACA officers always do spot check on JPJ so they will not accept 'Agong'.

Why not sell off the car n get something newer from Honda or Toyota. Newer cars normally have better FC or power than old cars.

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
i dun get better FC car is because i am graduating student.. unemployment :P

Btw I think i will still go on the engine modd. I tot all the ppl here are car modd enthusiasts :P To persuade ppl modd the car to get best performance

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Sometimes, especially if u don't have the budget... buying a new car is way of the solution. Modding is a very expensive hobby IMO.

Example, my car is already 16 years old and since I took over from my dad 5 years ago, I've spent easily RM 30k on it. But in the end, it doesn't have the 'new' car feeling anymore. I test drove my sister's MyVi and wow... damn fun to drive. But when it comes to power, I still prefer my car... all the rattling, noise, bad FC and can be frustrating to drive.

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
Actually to tell u the truth that i actually interested on car modification for long time dy. But i do not have the chance to do so.

Now I come to this forum to find someone convince me that car modification can not onli raise the car performance but save petrol as well. So that i can take that excuse to ask my father to loan me some money to spend on the wira.

My wira costing me RM10K so I expected to come out the MAX budget to fix the old wira. Total sum will be RM20k. New car will cost around at least RM35k to RM55K. So at the moment i was thinking do some modification so that this old wira can last for 3-5 yrs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

please read this.....

those who have/have not purchases something from him...beware...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums/index....opic=24328&st=0

Tom,
i will remove this if you think it's too much.

rgds
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience