Visit site
can....need a lot of money and times only... :P

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Originally posted by kher@Oct 28 2004, 17:11
Anyone tried to turbocharged a supercharged engine?
Nissan March Super Turbo is Turbo+Supercharged engine.

Mivec & VTEC turbos are everywhere now.

actuator_bypass

Known Member
Sep 11, 2004
One of my friend, turbo charging the toyota supercharge engine.

And he got 2 intercooler, 1 for supercharge(top mount), and another 1 for turbo(front mount).
The project still in progress.

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
it has to be air filter -> supercharger -> turbocharger -> engine. not the other way roun

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
but one thing that a engine with a Supercharge with Turbo will go kaput if both chargers work at a time..... the thing is that the Superchargers will start first then stop baru turbo start working.....

I have a friend who did this to his 4A-GE SUPERCHARGE PLUS TURBO..go Kaput after a while :P

learnyee

Aug 3, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Originally posted by Joeker+Oct 28 2004, 17:25 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joeker @ Oct 28 2004, 17:25 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kher@Oct 28 2004, 17:11

Mivec & VTEC turbos are everywhere now. [/b][/quote]
but vtech turbo just purely vtech+ turbo, right? no super charged

KingOfCool

Jun 11, 2004
This set up is called twincharger. Usually done on the toyota 4AGZE.Theory is that the supercharger will boost from idle to mid rpm and high rpm the turbo will kick in. The trick is to time the turbo lag just right after the supercharger reach its limit.

polyxtroy

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
On top of that, my fren asked for a HKS turbo kit for 4agze. The kit cost cost bout 30K & the turbo jus allows an extra 30hp. After realizing that he is paying 1K per hp he scrapped the project & sell the car. LOL

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
I think u need a small turbocharger to do this as once the supercharger boosts, the turbo has to contribute a smaller boost as not to overboost your engine.

The pwoer should eb more linear as he supercharger will work at low revs and the turbo at high revs.

to shut off the supercharger, u need something to vent out all the boost before it hits the turbo.

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by learnyee+Nov 8 2004, 10:55 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (learnyee @ Nov 8 2004, 10:55 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Joeker@Oct 28 2004, 17:25
<!--QuoteBegin-kher
@Oct 28 2004, 17:11

Mivec & VTEC turbos are everywhere now.
but vtech turbo just purely vtech+ turbo, right? no super charged [/b][/quote]
you are right...man

turbo + Mivec or VTEC is possible but turbocharged a supercharge is a diff story

you need a stand alone engine management to do that......control supercharge at low rev before turbo boost and versa vice

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
for a super-turbo setup, u can use a fairly bigger turbine compare to, if u run turbo alone... the supercharger will provide u the boost on low rev and by the time the turbo spools up, disengage the supercharger and let d turbo do d rest...

u'll need a stand alone engine management for dat...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
the question now is why? i would think that proper upgrades such as cams etc coupled with proper tuning or even use of nitrous would be enough to spool up a big turbo so why go thru the complications of setting up a supercharger + turbo application.. im not flaming, just curious when ppl think out of the square.. interesting

as mentioned earlier by Joeker the Nissan March had a setup like that but looking under the bonnet can give u headache hahah

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Nov 10 2004, 11:03
PimPin: Precisely! ... bcoz of that... u rarely see dis kinda setup on d street
yeah dude, i mean even with u running a T88-34GK u still dont need a supercharger to help spool up ure turbo :D

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
Originally posted by [PIMPIN]@Nov 10 2004, 03:49
the question now is why? i would think that proper upgrades such as cams etc coupled with proper tuning or even use of nitrous would be enough to spool up a big turbo so why go thru the complications of setting up a supercharger + turbo application.. im not flaming, just curious when ppl think out of the square.. interesting

as mentioned earlier by Joeker the Nissan March had a setup like that but looking under the bonnet can give u headache hahah
headache meh? i owned one... but the engine have to be checked by sifu..otherwise...

march superturbo got lots of vacuum hose... one kaput and the engine will be semput

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
I think what pimpin mean was it was unnecessary for ppl to setup super turbo on NA engine.... nothing to do with those that came out from factory. No offence but if it was good, nissan or other car makers company would follow the trend but it didn't so...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Volkswagen Malaysia has just launched their brand new car, the 2011 Polo GTI. Powered by the same engine as the 1.4 litre Golf, this one has a supercharger/Turbo charger combo which is simply masturbation material for us gear heads. But priced at RM139,000, is that justifiable.

What are your impressions of the car and would you pay that amount of money for it? Seems a bit much as you can get anything from new Civics, to used Evo's for that price. But the 5 year maintenance free plan is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience