Can something this crazy work...?

rayman0690

Apr 10, 2006
Alright, I was thinking for awhile but I'm not too great with cars so I decided to ask it here. I have an idea and want to know if it is even possible, somehow.

If you've seen Goldfinger or The Transporter you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. A rotating license plate. Now...before you immediately jump about how stupid I am could you think about it? Is it even possible or worth the effort? I know it'd require alot of cutting and custom work; both body and electrical.

I'm not going to use it for anything illegal. Haha, but I think it might be cool if there was a way to make this work and have a buton somewhere in the cab for making it flip. Imagintively, something like your sitting at a light with your normal plates and then when the light clicks green you could hit the button and it'd flip to another plate that said something like "cya" or "Gone".

Just a thought. Am I just too caught up in Hollywood here or is it feasible? Thanks!

-Ray

P.S.- If it helps, the car I was thinking about putting it in is a 1988 Acura Integra LS 1.6 L, 4 door (5 if you count the hatch)

MajPayne

Known Member
Jan 24, 2006
Selangor
Dude i think it is very possible, although instead of flipping and slide change is more space economical. dontcha think...

protonburuk

Known Member
Apr 4, 2006
yes.a side change is better.in my opinion, its not only space economical, but oso easier to do.may b la.haha.

hey rayman, if u jst wanna gv signals/wanna say something 2 the driver behind,-as u said earlier, "cya" and "gone" why don u jst install the screen with LEDs on ur rear windshield.i think i saw it somewhere on tv last time.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
hmm . . .
i think the msg should be "asshole" . . .
can show it to ppl with high beam n also those tailgaters....
just my opinion.....

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
I think u need a pneumatic system to make it happened
A small pneumatic arm to slide it in & out
A refillable gas/air tank & switching valve
Its a good diy.......just my idea

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
anything is possible ..if u have the imagination
its gonna need a lot of work (electrical and mechanical)..
also how about those Advertising boards that can change because they are made of individual triangular slides...maybe it can similar to that..
another thought---> JPJ...
maybe LED message display be better..

MajPayne

Known Member
Jan 24, 2006
Selangor
I think the "slide change" with the pneumatic arm is the simplest though. But having it move in and out would be a trick. I don't think we need to tell the JPJ about this little mod. cause i don't think it'll be
used mainly for good....hahaha

On the other hand the small LED Screen is a juicy idea... Hmm, especially for astina owners cause they have the middle area....

Could be a weekend mod job though....

But the advertising boards "trivision" they call it is a bit messy cause they have indivisual rotor and work on an arm (too many components)

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
dude......do it as u like but don TERuse my plat number when u speeding, rushing red light, illegal U-turn and such......hahahahaha

my plate is.........lol i am not gonna say out here.....

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
i think is possible cos in the movie they create the thing out and its not camera trick if u put LCD or LED screan there sure got ppl 1 2 korek ur car
i would like to put F**k Off when ppl in high beam and c ya u bitch when ppl tail gate lol

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
hahaha haih......what's the point doing that leh?

people tailgate u......kasi jalan la......or flash high beam u kasi jalan loh.......

if everybody jalan slow in every lane......then traffic always jam and more jam

2day 8.25am Monday 10/04/2006 from Old Klang Road to Federal Highway and whole federal highway no jam at all.....what a miracle man......cause most of the cars drive quite fast......so no jam.....

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
wat a good idea man... imagine u doing 200km/h at highway then the police snap ur photo...then u change ur car no. plate... its not my car abang...hahaha he cannot do anything to u...

rayman0690

Apr 10, 2006
Hey, thanks for all the ideas and replies.

The LED is genius. Don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with. I found a good product here:
http://www.mobileled.com/550vehicleadvertising.html

It looks like it would be good for what I want. Although, it's a tad expensive at $200, even though that's cheap for a LED sign.

I'm looking into the pneumatic system and side-entrance sliding things some people mentioned. That seems like a great idea. That way I can keep the car looking nice and not have the huge LED sign in the back window. Do you think the parts for a system like that would be over $200? The definite advantage would be a simple switch to move the original plate to one side and the new one to slide in. Then flip the switch the other way to move it back. It also wouldn't eat battery the way the LED sign would.

So besides alot of cutting and space modification in the trunk and plate area; what supplies or parts would I need? If you could just tell me generally what I need. Tubing, a refillable tank, some type of slider arm, etc.

Thanks again everyone!!!

-Ray

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): Still not too late to own Proton's most exotic, limited-run, Satria Neo R3 Lotus Racing? Someone's put it up for sale at a non-negotiable price of RM105K. Hardcore fans only need apply...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience