Can satria convert 4wd.

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Actually I heard before that it's illegal because, as with most 2-litre Wira conversions, the chassis will be compromised with a 4WD conversion.

Most 4WD conversion involving cutting off the entire rear-half's floor, leaving only the main stress member (the centre tunnel and sides).

The halfcut's rear floorpan (with rear arm mounts, diff mounts, etc.) will then be welded back onto the car's monocoque.

If you do that type of modification, of course la Puspakom will be reluctant to pass your car. How can they test to confirm if the floorpan welds are strong enough? How are you sure that the welds are strong and will not crack? It's not a simple Mig weld job we're talking about here.. you really need those high-powered spot welders. How many mechanics are competent enough to do this sort of job?

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
go x-ray the welding place lor if wanna see got crack... Bridge also like this...

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
definately kenot convert for a road going car le, if jpj major blocks ur car will go directly to their tow truck no questions. if no blocks u are lucky la...but not everyday u are lucky!

just a word of advise, not intended to flame or bakar this topic:D

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Conversion expensive, drive or the road not safe (with JPJ n police running around)... not really worth it lor if just want to satisfy self. Better buy A39 Galant VR4...

Satria can convert 4WD anyway... Wira got, Wira Aeroback oso got already... but altering Proton chassis structure... sure lembik one!

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
comfirm cannot be on the road.
-got one situations
a guy convert to 4wd,and going to track.
suddenly change his mind to take the car on the road.
but cannot change the status of the car that have been registered as track car.
if you are going 4wd,make sure you really want it..and want for it to stay 4wd..forever..

JPJ law la..

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Juz hope proton came out with a impreza like car... I sure be the 1st to buy!!!

dinobidari

Nov 17, 2005
I am running Satria Gti 4 wd 450bhp dynoed on wheel

Look in the post 4 my article. Lots of work...fuel tank..lots of rear end cutting and welding...don t forget to get bigger brakes..had problems stopping the car from 240-260 kph. I change ECU to Motec.. at that time 11 thou... roller bearing turbo, cams fuel rail, injectors plus this plus that..i think I spend more than 40 thou...but damn nice..only problem gbox koyak 3 times and shaft 1 time.Look at PPG gearbox..almost 30 over thou. U want also ka? I never regret. But it is illegal..but u can custom make exhaust to look like to orignal so cant see the rear..so not so obvious la... next step is 600plus bhp..but i calculate will cost almost 80 thousand...so now buying 4 digit hoping for money to do it.hahahahahaha u interested u let me know, i ask u come see my car and u can do same. now car no undercarraige..all in pieces..change to PU bushings also doing fuel lines too..running 2 walbro pumps.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i'm driving a Wira 1.6 XLi(A)..
I'm still not satisfied with the max power of my engine.

any suggestion on how to upgrade my engine and increase horse power without any side effects??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience