Can 2-way alarm drain your battery?

netken

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
HamuHamuChan
www.2advanced.com
Installed a 2-way tenon alarm, can it drain battery?

The problem is that i have an old Clifford alarm in my car all along, so when i installed the new Tenon 2-way, i actually have 2 car alarm system in my car!

Can it drain battery so much that the car cannot start in just 2 days being left unused?

armik

Apr 20, 2005
it depends. If the shock sensor in your car alarm is triggered and the siren goes on and on...then, batt, sure koyak.

Some alarm are smart ones, the siren doesnt go on and on.

so, see how lor.

cheers,
armik

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
2-way alarm remote control's battery.. yes...

car's battery not very sure.. but shouldnt be a problem..else.. it would not even be in the market right now..

but I am not sure why you have 2 alarms in your car? how can you connect 2? parallel? sounds funny man.. i think you should remove one and use only One.

armik

Apr 20, 2005
battery draining

My Radiostar 2-way alarm is installed for over 6 months now & no problem

at all with the car battery. Naturally more battery power is used up if the

alarm goes up more frequently but it all seems very normal...

Perhaps its a connection problem somewhere...

regards,
Armik

netken

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
HamuHamuChan
www.2advanced.com
icic.. thanks for all your input guys....

i guess 2 way alarm system will normally drain the controller's batteries pretty fast ... and therefore need battery changes for the alarm quite frequently... e.g. Tenon, etc ....

However, there should be no problem with the car battery unless of course the alarm state blaring none stop like what Armik posted... errrmm....

having a wireman check the Amperage these alarm suck from the car batt.. will update you guys.. cheers!

kompak

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Silver State
guys..
what does it mean with 2-way alarm??
does it give signal to the owner that his or her car are being tampered

netken

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
HamuHamuChan
www.2advanced.com
kompak said:
guys..
what does it mean with 2-way alarm??
does it give signal to the owner that his or her car are being tampered
bro, i think that should be the primary definition.

checked from the net, would say most of the 2-ways would have functions like this :

A small and innovative Remote Transmitter Pager with alarm and remote starter. The 2-way system will instantly alert you should your vehicle be violated. Remote start and monitor your vehicle up to 1/4 mile away. The bright color LCD display on the Transmitter accurately monitors doors open/closed, hood and trunk open/closed, and hard impact to your vehicle.

netken

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
HamuHamuChan
www.2advanced.com
i guess if the LCD is damaged, the car would still respond by giving out audible sounds i.e. beeps, etc ... but then you would lose the Visual reference .... cos usually all 2-ways have LCD to give you a visual indication of the vehicle's current status....

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
things that drain battery power will be like your alarm going on for whole night, your lights is on for whole night even, or there are something wrong with your wiring connection that is constantly using up the power ( operating ) even when your engine is dead/

Or could be.. your alternator is no longer in good working condition and the charging process is not fully efficient and until one day, you battery will go dead.

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Every 2-way alarm brand has different siren trigger profile. A simple procedure to check whether it will drain car battery is to give the car a bump to trigger the alarm. Note how long the siren sounds. Also note whether there's any repeating siren. For example some alarm siren sound for 30 seconds then stop for 30 seconds and then sound again for 30 seconds. It will only stop after a period of time or after owner press "Armed" button on remote.

Other possible factor that might affect battery life is the design of shock sensor. The shock sensor must have electric supply when the car is armed. Thus it is taking from a 'still' battery (meaning battery will not be recharged by alternator). If the shock sensor consumes fairly large amount of elec then it might drain your battery.