buy lower spring o potong spring

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
want to lowered more. thats y cut sport spring. haha. any damage?

usually if u shop for sport springs; the spring rate is actually calculated to support your car weight. Esepcially the engine weight! So there's no way a sane ppl would actually "cut" a sport spring.
Ppl only would cut normal original springs to save cost of buying a new set of lowered or sport springs. It's not advisable though.

1 more thing. Ppl who cut sport springs (I did it once). Because the spring rate is for normal wira. Once my engine convert and went shopping for springs. I fitted for 1.6 wira. But the spring rate is not accurate I.e. cannot support my engine compartment. U see that my back of the car is higher; thus resorted to cutting the back to make it more normal. Bad choice I dare say! The ride is feeling like riding boat on waves. Finally used TEIN HA adjustable.

Btw, to answer your another query between sports abs and adjustable.
Sports abs are usually refered to as short stroke abs. Meaning to say the abs are meant to be shorter and stiffer than original. Adjustable, well the names says it all!
Anyway, there's a theory whereby to combine Sports abs with softer spring so ur ride wouldn't be that bumpy (correct me if i'm wrong). But if u combined sports abs with hard spring...than prepare for bumpy rides! So if u intend to stick with original abs; than it's advisable to get a harder spring to improve your stability and performance wise.

dont cut!, used another lowered sport spring.. or used adjustable absorber... conering, and bumping make perfect then potong spring.. take my advice, front sport spring (lowered), ori absober=2 jari, rear gas absorber and ori spring.. 3 jari... if you masuk 15" rim lah...

from wat i c from my fren's doing, cutting springs is the most silly thing to do..
car bounce rate will be very weird and bumpy even though u measure 1 ring or 1/2 a ring or wat so ever, cuz u can be never be precise.. unless u have a machine to calculate everything..

so just save ur time n money to get urself a new set of lowered springs.. at least aftermarket sport spring does alot of R&D on rides before selling it in the market..

so dont ever attempt to cut ur springs, confirm u'll regret..

Hi all bros, can advise what is the best setup for kelisa ? for normal road driving and cornering ? need some buget setup. hehe

there's really no such thing as best setup......
there's a saying: "Another man's shit could be another man's treasure"

It all depends on ur liking.
Obviously if you're willing to spend money...than go for HI/LO+SO/HA adjustable coil over. Than anytime u can always customise it to your liking. I.e. LOW and HARD ride when going racing. Maybe slightly HIGHER and SOFTER ride when bringing family.

standard spring.....cut 1 round will not effect the ride that much...its still comfortable & definitely it won't bounce in the highway like when using apm sports springs...

want to ask u guys what about compress the standard/sport spring? can it be done to all kind of spring? my brother using eibach sport spring can compress the spring. can any sport spring compress or is it only certain spring only? this is another way not to cut the spring but all spring can or not?

eibach??....dun ever mess up with up eibach spring!
just a friendly advise....

y not? my brother did it la. not me. but using with bilstein sport shock.

most sport spring in the market is local/dunno-where made spring, they haven been through proper harden treatment, so the stiffness of sport spring is actually lower(softer) than stock/normal spring. It's NOT advisory to cut your sport spring. And give in mind, by lower your car ride, you will cause your absorber's bounce-re-bounce point went lower and might it get too low, causing your absorber didn't do it's job, hence your car will bounce like horsie ~ :D

better change a new set of abs+spring,bcoz if u change only the lowered spring/cut ur ori spring,ur ori abs will spoiled few months later.due to the working height of the abs were change,the seal & shaft were not tat fit compare to b4,it come to worse if u drive on a bad condition road like kuala lumpur....

Don't EVER cut your springs!

thanks bros for the answers..luckily i didn't go cut my springs..btw, anyone knows how much a pair of decent springs will cost..cap ayam sports one?

weikhee86 said:
thanks bros for the answers..luckily i didn't go cut my springs..btw, anyone knows how much a pair of decent springs will cost..cap ayam sports one?

go to brother,cap ayam cap itik also got...:X-:

Merwerges sport springs last time i checked was abt 500 depend on car model

decent set of sport spring for ori absorber will set you back around 400~600, good one will cost 1000++ if you go get the 'cap ayam-itik' around 50~70/pcs but bare in mind, those 'cap ayam-itik' spring will become soft after a few months or so and cause your car ride getting lower and lower

I m having the same problem with my sport springs, the rear part is higher than the front. M using GAB sport springs with ori shocks. Is it advisable to compress the rear springs instead of cutting it??

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom