Building KE20 for drifting

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

scottwrx

500 RPM
kena initial D racun already, this time really thinking wanna got for it, so like to ask all the sifu with experienced setting up KE series cars....

planning to set up a 2 door ke20 drift car.. looks cute mah!!!!

look very much like mustang gt

front this
images

to this... muahaha...

images

nice??

now got some problem need to ask before i proceed..
1. front suspension, can convert to macpherson?
2. rear suspension, ke20 using leaf, but ae86 using coil, how to modify ( if possible )

this will be my 2009 project, doing it slow slow n step by step...

Bump: forgot to ask, is ke20 a good platform for drifting?

Bump: forgot to ask, is ke20 a good platform for drifting?

Usually they treansplant everything from a AE86 halfcut inside the KE including crossmember, engine, wiring, dashboard, blah blah.

For the rear suspension got ways. Get a AE86 or KE70 rearcut and cut and paste the rear floorpan to use AE86 stuff. You need to relocate the fuel tank too. The worrisome part is if the person who does this is not experienced or bad workmanship.

The other way you need to get higher rate leaf springs and combo it with uraethane bushes. Or you could still stick to stock leaf but you use custom coilovers or search for same mount coilovers for the rear to increase the spring rate. If you have the moolah, fiberglass leaf springs! To further beef it up you can partner it with anti-roll bar or lateral bar. And traction bars for what else traction!

You can drift a KE with just the engine and leaf spring combo. Seen it before in shah alam in one KE30 with 4AGE and stock leaf. But he over cooked himself and landed in the drain beside the track!! I think he was with the Bangi drifter guys. :burnout:Good Luck.

Top Bottom