Between BMW E30 1.8, Alfa 155 1.8 8V & Citroen ZX 1.9

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Hi guys, i'm very new to continental world....migt be looking for a reasonably priced conti for daily driving. Could you guys please advise which one of those 3 is the best value for money ? thanks

Oderf said:
Hi guys, i'm very new to continental world....migt be looking for a reasonably priced conti for daily driving. Could you guys please advise which one of those 3 is the best value for money ? thanks

...go for E30!...hahahahaha!:regular_smile: ...always looks nice...especially in full bodykit and proper wheels...:regular_smile:

Agree with ariel....the best bimmer of all time, the E30....

yeah..my heart is telling me to get an E30 too...but still i will consider either 155 or zx model as they are also quiet cheap

which one

cant comment on ZX coz dun have one

E30....evergreen styling, cheap to maintain, good handling, strong body, comfortable but underpowered

155....testdrive the widebody 2.0, then u wont care for the other two...trust me!!!! but expensive parts, build quality not good as bmw

bro...get urself a 323i E30....

Oderf said:
yeah..my heart is telling me to get an E30 too...but still i will consider either 155 or zx model as they are also quiet cheap

Mr Oderf...what is your rides now?...if you prefer to get the high performance E30,you can go for 325i...but make sure your pocket was strong enuff for fuelling...ehehhehe:regular_smile:

...btw,how much your budget?

Last edited:
fardell, yeah considering that model too...

Ariel, me ride currently civic EK sedan...but soon won't be mine...selling for good
325i realy gazzle fuel ah ? hrrmmm....

n i dun really allocate any budget yet....need some money to start small2 business first....

Actually, as the car is powered with a high displacement engine, the fuel consumption is not that bad compared to 318i E30.....325i E30 and 323i E30 is more fuel economic though...

Oderf said:
fardell, yeah considering that model too...

Ariel, me ride currently civic EK sedan...but soon won't be mine...selling for good
325i realy gazzle fuel ah ? hrrmmm....

...Owh!...EK!...hmmm...that a gud ride too!:regular_smile:

...if you seriously looking for E30,drop me your email...there is 'ONE' 318i Year 1991 up for sale!....come with full Mtech bodykit,BBS 15inch wheels...:regular_smile:

145fan said:
cant comment on ZX coz dun have one

E30....evergreen styling, cheap to maintain, good handling, strong body, comfortable but underpowered

155....testdrive the widebody 2.0, then u wont care for the other two...trust me!!!! but expensive parts, build quality not good as bmw
i reckon you wanna undo your statement on the expensive parts bro haha. Alfa Romeo 155 8V parts are super cheap. much more cheaper than the Beemers, trust me. and the 8V engines, they are almost maintenance free, driven by chain and not belt. i drive a 155 1.8 8V, and 155 has always been my ultimate dream car so to say haha. the car handles well, for a sedan. it's been around since 1992 and to date, 155 is still one of the Macho-est cars around haha. built quality, well, it's Italian, not German hehe. but if you want super good built quality, go for Audi. go different bro, you will not regret it hehe.

interesting topic here, I am a continental car user but non of your mentioned list. Among the car list by you, I believe Bimmer is the better choice in term of resale value and popularity. I was once interest with ZX but pull back due to some reason, 155...emmmm no familiar at all..is hardly to see one on the road now..

where the E30 wins out, is in outright driving performance. once you've gone real wheel drive, you dont want anything else, trust me. I've been dabbling with fwd, and even 4wd.. but for driving, rwd is still the best, and not many cars are as good as the E30 in that department.

gary said:
where the E30 wins out, is in outright driving performance. once you've gone real wheel drive, you dont want anything else, trust me. I've been dabbling with fwd, and even 4wd.. but for driving, rwd is still the best, and not many cars are as good as the E30 in that department.

the thread starter asking for opinion on 318i, not sure if that model fits your description above....the car simply lacks power to enjoy it, while the engine is reliable, it's just no fun compare to the 2 other models

Well, if u are looking for a car that handles well very well and packs moderate power i'd say go for the ZX 1.9... its a reliable car plus its comfy too.. but its not that great aestheticaly and very limited mod options.. The 2 door 16 valve zx looks good and packs a mean punch.. stock engines pumping abt 160hp.. and best part its only going for abt 17k and that was last year..

best thing to do is to find friends with such cars and test them out... you, your pocket and your heart will tell you which one is the right one for you...not us.

it all depends on you, not us.

unless you want certain image, status or reputation from a car with you in it, that would be a different story... ;)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom