Bendix Metal King Gold

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
any of u know the effective operating temp region for bendix metal king gold? i tried searching high and low on the net and i can't seem to get any details regarding this brake pad. tried www.bendix.com.au they only have bendix Advance, General CT, Ultimate and a few others.

so Bendix Metal King Plus & Gold is manufactured by whom and where? and how do i know if its original and not some counterfeit product? im using the bendix metal king gold currently, and if i still cannot get any details regarding this brake pad then i might just switch to EBC blackstuff which is good from 0-400 celcius :P

thanks in advance!

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
mengz : use the Bendix Metal King Gold longer n u'll realize how much harder it is to brake ... and the brake pads never seem to wear off, but ur disc will instead.. lol .... that is what i heard ..

And the working temp is juz too high for ur normal street users to utilize fully... Just go for Silver. :regular_smile:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
heard? lol

iam using bendix metal king gold, and till now the dust isnt dat apparent, and stopping power is superb!! discs rnt warped, and the pads do wear off. working temp too high? its the best for street, imo. ive tired branded pads, and comparing performance wit the price tag, bendix is the best option so far. the pads BITE HARD!!

heard...

project3

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006
bendix no longer product bendix metal king gold. now known as something. they got more range now from luxury to sport brake pad. now call some other name.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Also using Bendix Gold. Better than AFI/Mintye definitely but aint as good as Ferodo for the same price range. Lousy at high speed hard braking compared to Ferodo. But pretty good for city driving as its quite grippy at normal driving. Good value for money I'd say but if you can find Ferodo, then go for Ferodo. I'm also looking for Ferodo pads but kinda hard to find :sad_smile:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
m a v [3] r i c k said:
Also using Bendix Gold. Better than AFI/Mintye definitely but aint as good as Ferodo for the same price range. Lousy at high speed hard braking compared to Ferodo. But pretty good for city driving as its quite grippy at normal driving. Good value for money I'd say but if you can find Ferodo, then go for Ferodo. I'm also looking for Ferodo pads but kinda hard to find :sad_smile:
lousy at high speed braking? i dunno how fast u meant bro, but i never had any problem to brake from 180kmh. ive heard about ferodo, but because d brand is hard source out, i use bendix instead. bendix has come out wit a new range, titanium strip which i heard (again.. lol) doesnt have to be bed in, u can just install and break like crazy.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
xtremeleo said:
lousy at high speed braking? i dunno how fast u meant bro, but i never had any problem to brake from 180kmh. ive heard about ferodo, but because d brand is hard source out, i use bendix instead. bendix has come out wit a new range, titanium strip which i heard (again.. lol) doesnt have to be bed in, u can just install and break like crazy.
even a lousy brake pad can slow down from 180km/h. just a matter of the distance. try out ferodo and then compare. :_:
u'll understand when u're hitting 180km/h and out of a sudden someone swerve into your lane with 80km/h.

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
ferodo? yeah, heard alot of good comments abt it as well. i think i'll try ferodo after my bendix pads are worn out. maverick, u from pj area? if u from pj area, u can head over to PH auto at seapark, they sell ferodo pads there.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i got fren selling ferodo pad at low price..if any1 wan can contact me...btw, i also wanna try it....anyone tried b4? pls give comment...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I just thought or modifying my rear drums to disc. I am trying to do it at the least possible cost and I thought of some options. Please advise or share some experience on whether the options that I thought about will work or not. By the way, I drove a Corolla AE111.

Option 1: But a pair or front disc brake from levin BZR/BZG and fix it to the front of my car. Transplant my original front disc brakes to the rear. Can the front brakes fit into the back? This is what I want to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience