Metal treatment WPC

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I came across this WPC thing in the buy/sell thread and decided to do some reading on it.

WPC - Metal Surface Treatment / Micro Shot Peening

Seems quite interesting. A coating that reduces friction and strengthens the metal without affecting clearances.

Pistons, bearings, crankshaft, basically any moving part can have this done.

Anyone tried this? And please explain why you went for this and not the usual shot peening?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wonder if can treat on car body instead... xD

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro. Izso, same as the metal conditioner I mentioned before. I used before is ER (Energy Release) from USA. Runs smoother, quieter but importer did not bring them in any more. The importer was doing this as a side line, but later went back to core business, so no more import.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sounds interesting and impressive too. But i believe it will cost a bomb. Any place here that does it??
Not really. The ER I used was RM45 per bottle. One bottle for first treatment, half bottle for follow up oil change. Not sure of WPC price....:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Apparently the WPC treatment is super expensive. Doing the whole car will be impossible @suprafan. But knowing your super wealth ok la. Hahahahah

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Apparently the WPC treatment is super expensive. Doing the whole car will be impossible @suprafan. But knowing your super wealth ok la. Hahahahah
Take apart ship to them for treatment, already coat a bomb.

Yup, he can afford it.....

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

why do you wana do on car body? You are not getting a smooth surface by doing this and its no benefits to the car body in terms of its purpose..
He becoming that guy who likes to use things for other and different uses......hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

Last edited:

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Apprently WPC does not call it a coating but a treatment. It is also not a metal conditioner. Parts that are WPC treated is supose to be harder, smoother and more durable. Resembles something like micro shot peening but the media is actually like baby powder. Of course the material make is not revealed by WPC themselves. WPC is widely used in motorsports from Super GT (JGTC), MotoGP and WRC. I have done many parts from piston, piston pin, piston rings, oil pump, engine bearings and even a whole gear box internal. Parts are being assembled and we type. Hopefully can see some differences and gains. BTW, I have a set of WPC piston for sale in the marker place if anyone is interested :)

Attachments

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
.....I have done many parts from piston, piston pin, piston rings, oil pump, engine bearings and even a whole gear box internal. Parts are being assembled and we type. Hopefully can see some differences and gains. BTW, I have a set of WPC piston for sale in the marker place if anyone is interested :)

Looking at your statement, would like to confirm, are you carrying/supplying/doing WPC treatment? :smokin:

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Marv, WPC is only available in USA and Japan at the moment. I am just a user.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Marv, WPC is only available in USA and Japan at the moment. I am just a user.
My bad.....The way you type you msg seems so convincing that you are selling it.....My bad my bad...

Wonder is is coming to Malaysia? This is good stuff though.