Automatic Transmission Exhaust Info

mskurniasyuti

May 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Which muffler type best suits automatic cars?

S-flow? N1? :hmmmm:
Also, how do aftermarket exhaust systems (e.g. HKS, Apexi, J's Racing) do for auto cars? Are they all for manual? :hmmmm:

Share your experience on exhaust for auto cars :D

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
bro from what i know for auto the best is s-flow coz we need more back pressure than manual cars
if guna straight pick up gone
my car also auto using s-flow

mskurniasyuti

May 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro from what i know for auto the best is s-flow coz we need more back pressure than manual cars
if guna straight pick up gone
my car also auto using s-flow
Thats why ah bro, cos i using straight pipe. Pick up like sh*t but sounds nice hahaha. I guess Sflow is the way to go ;)

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Thats why ah bro, cos i using straight pipe. Pick up like sh*t but sounds nice hahaha. I guess Sflow is the way to go ;)
yeah bro the pick up will be totally crap with straight flow and also depends on the diameter of ur exhaust piping like i said auto u really need back pressure to survive
of course the sound will be nice but it will really makan petrol also coz u will need to tekan extra to move
plus more back pressure means more pickup and thats whats most important for city driving i assume u do mostlly city driving coz ur car is auto :driver:

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
more backpressure means more pickup? doesn't sound right

mskurniasyuti

May 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sayang most cool mufflers like HKS, apexi, fujitsubo are all straight piped arent they? or there are sflow mufflers from them? Anybody know? 0.0

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
more backpressure means more pickup? doesn't sound right
yeah bro from what i think if u have more back pressure ur lower and middle end will be better but ur top end will sufer im not 101% sure so u might have to refer to the sifus in these forums or do some searching through these forums urslef

aidilaidilaidil

Known Member
Sep 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
auto cars also can use straight flow. there are no such thing as auto cars must use s-flow. it's only recommendation for auto cars to use s-flow. if u do the mod right...then there's no problem to change to straight flow.

for auto transmission, just change the exhaust only. don't remove the catcon, bullet, etc. the catcon will maintain the backpressure that's needed for your auto car. u might feel ur pickup decrease but it's just a little bit only...u need a very sensitive sense to notice the difference. even i until now can't feel the difference after changing my exhaust from s-flow to straight flow.

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
aidil u used straight flow instead of sflow, when u say if u do the mod right, then no problem using straight flow, what do u mean by it?how the vroom sound like?

aidilaidilaidil

Known Member
Sep 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
aidil u used straight flow instead of sflow, when u say if u do the mod right, then no problem using straight flow, what do u mean by it?how the vroom sound like?
yes..i used straight flow. what i meant was for auto car..just change the muffler and don't decat. if u just change this and that but doesn't know the pros and cons by doing the mods, then u might end up with a bad performance car. u can see it on a lot of wira's which sound very loud but runs like a snail. haha. just do a research on the parts that u want to mod first.

my straight flow is not loud at all. will roar a bit when revving and when the speed reaches around 100km/j...it's quiet. if u have the budget...get a reputable straight flow which has a very good sound at certain speed.

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
yes..i used straight flow. what i meant was for auto car..just change the muffler and don't decat. if u just change this and that but doesn't know the pros and cons by doing the mods, then u might end up with a bad performance car. u can see it on a lot of wira's which sound very loud but runs like a snail. haha. just do a research on the parts that u want to mod first.

my straight flow is not loud at all. will roar a bit when revving and when the speed reaches around 100km/j...it's quiet. if u have the budget...get a reputable straight flow which has a very good sound at certain speed.
thanks for that info bro. lai exhaust centre suggested to use 4-1 extractor,bullet n muffler with 1.6 piping. he drives jazz as well and he said it worked for him when commonly ppl say 4-2-1 suitable for auto car. thats when i got confused coz exhaust mod is bloody subjective. probly need to sit down whole day and look at how the bengkel2 dudes suggest on exhaust upgrades for their customers then we know whats probly right haha

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
or maybe the best is dun change the exhaust system,let it remain ori then no headache lor...hehe

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
or maybe the best is dun change the exhaust system,let it remain ori then no headache lor...hehe
bro thats the safest answer ive heard so far, dunno y i got twisted over replacing exhaust system in the 1st place.too much reading and knowing things can give u burden of knowledge hahaha

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
maybe add a silencer at exhaust tip will help?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If U claim that, How about Savvy RM850 million? Using Renault Clio chasis & engine.. still got diff RM270 million

Actually, proton did not design 100% their own car. They spend on engine (only Campro), exterior & interior.. Chasis based on Mits & Renault.......

Now wait Proton announce how much they spend money to make Pesona.. as we know.. Chasis, engine, interior all from GEN.2.. should be no cost there.. just little change...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience