Auto transmission Gearbox strengthening

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
In my opinion, if you are keen driver bro, and you love enthusiastic driving, change it to manual. Less headache and problems. Fund to drive, economical, almost maintenance free and spare you the future rebuild since yours is already old. I just did to mine, even though mine is a no power car.

What more yours bro... SO powerful engine. Don't let all that power get lost in the tranny!

Just my opinion :burnout:

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Ar... Didn't know that auto has clutch. Wat is the cost to repair it? How if i keep it w/o repair??
Auto gb has a lot of clutch plates. Just that it is all enclosed inside the housing. And the only way to repair is to strip it apart and rebuild. A major thing. They will replace all seals, bearings, clutches and fluid. This is the trouble of auto tranny after 10 years or so.

If you don't want to repair I suggest change to manual. Because once the clutches start slipping, you'll get extra sluggish acceleration, drop in power, hyper rubber band effect, high FC, and easier to overheat your gb...

To repair, unless you are a hardcore auto fan, I don't think it is worth it. I am in kk, sabah. The last time a shop here quoted me is 2.2k for 97' toyota corolla. My friend's perdana non-v6 costs 2.5k.

Last edited:

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
Hi veloc, thx for the explanation. If repair costs more than 2k, i rather get a manual GB:p
But now i wonder is the 'yiiiiiiiiiiiiiii' sound from GB is sign of clutch problem. Btw, sometime when gearshift will hv car choking

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
put in X1R or some other gb addictive....u felt bit heavier in shifting but can "tahan" a bit.
juz my opinion..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
veloc,
wah yr fren perdana sei rebuild gbox rm2.5k ah?
actually its same as wira 1.6...just that cos its for perdana, they charge extra.....
if not ah, i think less than rm2k.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

if gearshifting problem normally could be the valve body.

ahren

Known Member
May 17, 2006
so anyone knows reputable gearbox shop around PJ area ka?????