auto to manual

superz

Known Member
hello all sifu..

is it possible to change a 4g15 auto transmission to a manual transmission?what are the nessary extra parts needed to be upgraded as well?how much?

any recommendations?

thank you thank you

its possible but a lil hard compared to a manual to auto comversion.

coz u need to cut a hole thru the firewall to insert the clutch pedal and must find place for the clutch pump.

shud be okay.but a lil difficult

gohkokeng said:
y don take manual in the 1st place?

thank you all for the info...

yeah..the reasons are because auto 4g15 lack of power and the FC is higher than a manual transmission.and since the car is still in pretty good condition, was thinking of changing the auto to manual...

does any reliable workshop provide such service?:driver:

and how much is the whole Auto to Manual Convertion costs?
I need to know the total cost including all part, accessories, and labour.
Thanks.

i have not done this b4 but u shud try going to see a mech and ask.
or maybe sone1 here has done it.

Haha, hello. I have this problem too but the other way round.

I want to convert from MANUAL to AUTO.

Must go inspection? I want to avoid inspection at all cost. If want inspection then change engine better.

manual to auto is easier.jz swap the gearbox to an auto one.

inspection?in dont think so kua..

Fluffy said:
manual to auto is easier.jz swap the gearbox to an auto one.

inspection?in dont think so kua..

I really hope so. I am in a serious consideration to convert to auto.:cry_smile:

Any side effects?:cry_smile:

Fluffy said:
erm.nothing bad that i can think of..just that better torque and FC:_:

Thanks bro, have to survey the market tomorrow.:_:

Your avatar attracts me, and the signature explains it!:_:

I want to buy one tee also liao. Let her break in and wear it and then take it off only take pictures.:X-:

For the 4g15 from Auto to Manual is pretty easy. You need one Manual gearbox, new clutch parts preferably, clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder, clutch pedal kit, gear lever (doesn't usually come with the potong gearbox) and that's pretty much it. You will need some small components here and there but nothing too difficult. However, I am not sure if the driveshafts on the auto box are similar to the ones on the manual box so do look into this.

Chances are you may not need to cut a hole to mount the clutch pedal and master cylinder because most manufacturers use the same body for an auto and manual and these parts on an auto car are just usually blanked off. Worse case scenario is you'll have to cut but the markings are already there.

As for the manual to auto one. Well, depends what car you're driving really. Some cars gather information from the Auto box and may not share the same ECU as a manual car. If you drive an ancient car then you gotta think about vacuums and all that but this is really slim. The ECU is the biggest problem I see but then you can always replace your ECU and do a bit of DIY wiring to accomodate. :D

Oh and for either case, chances are you're gonna need a recalibrated speedometer to go with your conversion.

I also have been thinking of converting to manual but not sure whether will cause problems in the future or not.

I have asked my mechanic nearby my place and he told me approx. 2.2 k is needed for full conversion. Is that price too much or is it just me?

yikez.i've never done it..but it sounds kinda pricey.if that includes workmanship then okay..if just the parts..er..to me a lil pricey.

Well, i have done this operation auto to manual for my 4G15. In my case, the mechanic had to cut a hole in the firewall to install the clutch pedal, and had to install the clutch pump and some other things here and there.... but please be careful, when your mechanic cuts a hole in the firewall, better seal the edges properly... or else you guys might end up in corrosion/rust problem....

over all, i dont see any difference in the FC, but power wise is better response than the auto tranny.....

Well, my problem now is... couple of weeks back, a friend of mine test drive my car, and told me that... he's 4G15 stock has better pickup then mine... and the ratio of reaching higher speed of 150km/h++ is faster then my car.... so he told me, that probably i have not changed my ECU...... therefore, my car is running on a manual tranny, and has a brain thinking its running on a auto tranny, practically its a little confiused thats why its performing quite bad....... so, my question is, how am i suppose to upgrade my ecu? am i suppose to re-program it or get a whole new system??.......

Well, my conversion, including patching up and the whole thing cost: RM1700
i didnt swap in my auto tranny, cos i burned it.... :þ

Last edited:
i think is quite hard from manual to auto, many things have to change lehh, gear box have to change, the water box also need to change (auto got 1 extra pipe de). for me i prefer manual cause auto really sucks, when u need power then u get nothing................

Last time I wanted to change from auto to manual (Nissan Ad Resort with GA16), my mechanic quoted RM300 for labour but I have to find the tranny myself la. Not bad if you have another fren who has the same model of your car who wants to switch to auto. Just swap la haha

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom