2019 Hyundai i30 N Performance now in Malaysia! 6.1 secs / 275hp / 6 speed manual

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
6.1 secs – The i30 N Performance is finally here in Malaysia!

1429kg / 275ps / 353nm / 2L 4cyl turbo / FWD / 6 speed manual / auto rev match / E-LSD / adaptive suspension /RM298,888

Launched just moments ago, this smurf blue hot hatch is limited to 20 cars only and will be sold exclusively on Lazada, in conjunction with their 12 12 sales campaign via pre order basis from 2nd Dec onwards.

Malaysia will get the top of the range, 275ps N Performance model finished in Performance Blue paint, that will come equipped with 19″ wheels, N branded red brake calipers, front sport seats in suede and leather.

There are 5 driving modes to choose from namely Eco, Normal, Sport, N and N custom which alters the i30 N’s attitude through its ESC, E-LSD, steering sensitivity, exhaust note and auto rev matching. The rev matching feature can also be adjusted to increase engine revs to suit driver’s preference. It’ll also get launch control as standard.

The I30 N also has an over boost function that adds torque and acceleration by 6-8 percent for about 18 seconds at full throttle. This sensation is enhanced through its variable exhaust valve which amplifies the overall sound of the hot hatch at full chat.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Awesome car, ridiculous Malaysian price. Instead of getting a Golf R competitor for GTI money, you get it for R money.

I’ll take the R, thanks.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Awesome car, ridiculous Malaysian price. Instead of getting a Golf R competitor for GTI money, you get it for R money. I’ll take the R, thanks.
what if it turns out to be nice to drive?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Why does the front seats showed like the car has at least 20k -30k mileage under uts belt?
as far as i know, the car was brought in new for the last KLIMS, that probably contributed to the wear

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
what if it turns out to be nice to drive?
Too rich for me to pay a premium where everywhere else in the world it’s cheaper than the R. Thus I’ll still buy the R — assuming that’s the kind of money I’m spending.

As a consumer I do not want to encourage the Malaysian distributors to price vehicles ridiculously.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Too rich for me to pay a premium where everywhere else in the world it’s cheaper than the R. Thus I’ll still buy the R — assuming that’s the kind of money I’m spending. As a consumer I do not want to encourage the Malaysian distributors to price vehicles ridiculously.
Got to agree with that. Current CTR is undoubtedly the hot hatch benchmark now. Still, I'm quite eager to sample the ///M influence of the i30N, hoping it matches the hype

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience