Airtrek issues and uk parts

Sampir_9992

Dec 23, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi bro...interested with the custom ss intercooler pipes. still available.........newbies here
A set of custom made inter cooler pipes with 2 sections (turbo to inter cooler & inter cooler to throttle body) is rm450 before postage. It's custom made. They're stainless steel and comes with 4 Samco connectors with clips. Sold quite a few sets here. If you want original rubber ones, I have a set lying in my store room which u can have it just for rm100 without postage.

I believed cw2u outlander is the same as Airtrek except the lamps and bumpers.

I'm using hks sqv but it stalled me many times until tuning was right. 4G63T is not good with vent off bov bro.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

scrappyloz

Nov 7, 2013
Right new inter cooler pips arrived before Christmas but I have only just fitted them tonight. Seems to boost up a lot quicker with no leaks which is nice.But still the car seems to struggle after 2nd gear and seems to surge and be lower on power than it should be.

Also found that when I was pulling into a road I floored it and at around 5000 rpm the car accelerated really well and made a large fart like noise. Which im assuming is the bov (Dump valve).

I feel the bov might be leaking and maybe a MAF related problem as well. I have a boost gauge lying around somewhere which I will fit to see if im dropping large amounts of boost and ill get the part number off of the maf and order a replacement.

Il have to look on eBay and find a sutable bov replacement. (Any ideas on what is ok for use)

Also cleaned my icv and now it idles :)

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
bro, you can try looking for stock BOV from Evo 8/9. I think they hold the boost better than stock Airtreks. I am using SSQV, not much problem with boost other than unstable on high boost cos I am still using the original actuator. An external wastegate is advised if I want to boost high.

The intercooler piping helps a lot in terms of response. You will feel it even more during hot days where the rubber becomes spongy and expend pretty much during high boost.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you’re still undecided about getting tickets for the 2011 Autobacs Super GT Round 3 at Sepang International Circuit (SIC) over the 17-19 June weekend, perhaps you should drop by the Empire Shopping Gallery this Saturday, 28 May, for a glimpse of what’s in store.

There will be a GT car display as well as a meet-and-greet session with Ayami Sasaki, the Japanese GT queen. A host of fun activities for the family...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience