Airtrek issues and uk parts

scrappyloz

Nov 7, 2013
Hi guys I just brought an Airtrek Turbo R, its a pretty rare beast here in the UK with only 30 ever having been imported.

Im struggling with a few parts and problems.

I know I have a large boost leak from what I believe is the pipe that runs over the rocker cover from the inter-cooler to the turbo, as someone has made a home made piece of pipe which sucks. Im really struggling to track down an aftermarket part or original pipe here in England.

When my car is cold it struggles to idle and cuts out frequently. When its at running temperature it idles at 1500 rpm.

Does anyone know if the airtrek windscreen is the same as the Mitsubishi outlander.

With regards to the original blow of valve can i just replace this with an after-market part or does it cause running issues.

Cheers for the help

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
A set of custom made inter cooler pipes with 2 sections (turbo to inter cooler & inter cooler to throttle body) is rm450 before postage. It's custom made. They're stainless steel and comes with 4 Samco connectors with clips. Sold quite a few sets here. If you want original rubber ones, I have a set lying in my store room which u can have it just for rm100 without postage.

I believed cw2u outlander is the same as Airtrek except the lamps and bumpers.

I'm using hks sqv but it stalled me many times until tuning was right. 4G63T is not good with vent off bov bro.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

scrappyloz

Nov 7, 2013
Cheers for that I would be interested in the samco and stainless set. Any idea on cost of postage to the UK? id be happy to purchase them of of you.

Regards to the exhaust system is it standard evo as my rear box fell off last night :( and id like to get a stainless replacement.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I've sent to New Zealand before and the cost of postage was around RM190. Will arrive within a week as it's by Air. To UK, I think it will be slightly more but won't be too much I am sure. Maybe around RM250-280.

scrappyloz

Nov 7, 2013
Can I PM you with my address so you can get me an accurate total inc shipping? Cheers

russellc2

Sep 14, 2012
Wellington, NZ
Quick question while you are awaiting the new intercooler piping to turn up - have you checked and cleaned the MAF sensor? I had some weird idling issues on mine with no boost leaks that were fixed with a can of MAF cleaner :)

Cheers,
Russell

scrappyloz

Nov 7, 2013
Quick question while you are awaiting the new intercooler piping to turn up - have you checked and cleaned the MAF sensor? I had some weird idling issues on mine with no boost leaks that were fixed with a can of MAF cleaner :)

Cheers,
Russell

My inter-cooler piping has been made up by a previous owner and it is terrible and leaks like crazy. So it has to be replaced eitherway.

Regarding my idle issues i believe its a dirty throttle body and icv.

Does anyone know if an evo 7 exhaust will fit as a replacement

scrappyloz

Nov 7, 2013
Big thanks to stutzedward who has sorted my intercooler hoses which will be with me shortly :)

My exhaust is now re-welded and no longer broken or blowing.

I really need a 100 percent correct answer on what windscreen is the same as my airtrek. My windcreen guy says the part numbers are different between the outlander and airtrek screens so cannot be sure if it will fit, any idea if they are the same

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Hope the pipe solves all yr problems bro.

We don't gave Outlander here. So can't check bro. Sorry.

scrappyloz

Nov 7, 2013
Hey all,

My first post here, purchase my airtrek the other week and love it.

Lots of knowledge and info on here!

Op - try xtreme motorsport in midlands

Welcome to Xtreme UK, The UK's premier supplier of previously cared for performance cars

They imported them originally ... otherwise take it to autoglass ask them to order... if they get the wrong part they will have to sort it out.

Hope this helps
Unfortunately i cannot seem to get hold of xtreme for some reason. Their phone hasnt rung for weeks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Cops will only do their jobs if they get money. Look at certain housing areas. There are more patrols in areas where Dato's, VIP's, Minister's, big shots stay. Are the police really doing their jobs? No. Instead of catching the real thieves, they catch illegal immigrants, hassle innocent people, take bribes and the list goes on. Some of the junior officers are now trying to take bribes. One day while I was out with my friends a junior officer asked me to pull over. The junior officer told...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience