actually skim disc rotor safe or not?

AccordRacing

Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
recently i just skim my disc rotor,n replace new disc pad,after that i hear some ppl say that the disc rotor cannot skim,if skim its become thin then when meet an emergency brake the disc rotor will cant handle it will broke,then bad thing happen...is it real or not?

minivan

Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
how many times have you skimmed it?? is it on a really old car?? if you've done it once or twice, no biggie laa bro, no worries... a disc brake can only be skimmed so many times..

bryang-unit

Mar 21, 2005
Kelana Jaya
Aiyorr.. the rotor can at least skim for 2 times laa..usually they skimmed yur rotor so that yur new pads will haf the maximum contact to yur rotor..u need to bed in yur pads also..new pads bcareful la bcos they dont then to "makan" until fulli bedded..

Btw, u can check yur disc by running yur finger across till the other rim of yur rotors..it will gif u a rough idea when to change new disc..

As per my xperience i never even change rotor in my lifetime driving car..summore bring down track for fun..tat wan how to xplain..Depends on u la

AccordRacing

Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
i just heard if the disc rotor skim until over minimum size,if normal driving same as usual,just when hi-speed n jam brake the disc rotor broke then car will lose control...is it real?me no choice to skim disc coz when pressing brake the stering shake so i make it...some say okay some say no..confuse

Glocker

so after u skimmed ur disc brake when you jam your brakes does your car still swerve slightly?

AccordRacing

Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
i also change disc pad also..they say the disc pad not yet bed properly so until now still feel the brake not so good yet

minivan

Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
AccordRacing said:
i also change disc pad also..they say the disc pad not yet bed properly so until now still feel the brake not so good yet
normal laa bro... the bite will come back in due time, even better bite..

I have this problem with my handbrake where I can feel like the brake force are not equal when I pull up the handbrake. How do I come to this deduction is by testing my handbrake, pull handbrake and try to moving forward or backwards (or pull handbrake while the car is still crawling). I can feel my car like sinking to the rear right. I suspect my rear left is not working or partial working now.

Actually this is my second recurrence..the first one (left not working at all) I...