Absorber recommendation

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

supernt

Hi,

Could someone recommend any good/reliable replacement absorbers for FD1? My budget is below 2k unfortunately.

OEM? See if Sachs make absorbers for it. Best OEM replacements ever.

OEM? See if Sachs make absorbers for it. Best OEM replacements ever.

There is for Civic FD.

Personally, would you go for Sachs absorbers or AR Racing adjustable (high/low) with body shift? Both new, price difference only about 400-500 inclusive of installation and alignment.

There is for Civic FD.

Personally, would you go for Sachs absorbers or AR Racing adjustable (high/low) with body shift? Both new, price difference only about 400-500 inclusive of installation and alignment.

That you got to answer it yourself. The two are actually not comparable.
One is OEM replacement, meaning a balanced ride between comfort and performance for daily commute.
The other is fully adjustable meaning you can lower, raise, tune the damping rate and so on, however the ride is much more harsh (hard and bumpy) even if you set it soft, unless you take the lightest spring rate but to me still will not have the comfort of OEM.
So, set your priorities and go for the one that suits you.....:driver:

That you got to answer it yourself. The two are actually not comparable.
One is OEM replacement, meaning a balanced ride between comfort and performance for daily commute.
The other is fully adjustable meaning you can lower, raise, tune the damping rate and so on, however the ride is much more harsh (hard and bumpy) even if you set it soft, unless you take the lightest spring rate but to me still will not have the comfort of OEM.
So, set your priorities and go for the one that suits you.....:driver:

Absolutely :biggrin:

What about Tokico vs Sachs?

Absolutely :biggrin:

What about Tokico vs Sachs?

If aftermarket vs aftermarket they are about the same. Just whether which more durable but then there are pros and cons as some will say A better, some will say B better......hahhaa:biggrin:

I've used: KYB, APM, GAB SA, GAB SS. And I choose SACHS. Izso is right, its firmer, but I installed it on a boat, so due to its firmer ride, the boat floats less, but it still floats.

Habis cerita. You either get REAL coil overs (no GAB SS aren't real, I'm talking about Ohlins or Bilstein), or just stick to SACHS which is OEM replacement.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom