About radiator and water tank

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys,

Currently i discovered a problem on the radiator and the reserve water tank.

Yesterday while going go sg.wang, when i parked my car and before off engine, i just realize that my water temp is near to red line, so i quickly off the engine and open the bonet, although the engine is off, the radiator fan still working, i think the ECU know is overheat liow and need some time to cool it down...

ok, so i left my car there and let it cool down... after 1 hour of lepak, i go back and check... the water in the reserve tank was empty. the radiator left 2/3 water only, i know this cause when i refill water, just around 1 little, the radiator full again... then i also refill the water reserve tank before i drove off...

while driving back @ normal attitude, the water temp stays normal...

today i check the radiator and water reserve tank again, the radiator seems full of water, but the water in the reserve tank just left half, yesterday i refill until the full mark. means i travel 45KM need half of water in the water reserve tank... :mad:

so now i suspecting the radiator cap is the problem, cause yesterday while refilling the radiator and water reserve tank, i also starting the engine and let it run, got vroom vroom it also, but i notice that there isnt any leak from the radiator, the floor seems dried.

is it cause by the radiator cap? how much to replace ar?

thanks...:D

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
u need to check the radator cap whether its stat 0.9kg/cm2 or 1.1kg/cm2,honda usually use 1.1...n some more i think ur radiator got stuck,i face this problemm b4,even go genting the air is cool..but when rev high the temp also raise...or check ur thermostat

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
AccordRacing said:
u need to check the radator cap whether its stat 0.9kg/cm2 or 1.1kg/cm2,honda usually use 1.1...n some more i think ur radiator got stuck,i face this problemm b4,even go genting the air is cool..but when rev high the temp also raise...or check ur thermostat
is 1.1kg cap... :D

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
updated news...

just now i test the car again... park into the car porch and let it idle run around 15 minutes, then i can see some coolant is droping from the engine right side of block... T_T

is it my gasket blown? T_T

maybe is a sign for me to go for H22A... T_T

WiRa

1,000 RPM
Dec 14, 2004
KL
chek u water pump bro...maybe leaking somewhere....

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
yeah,i agree with wira,if from engine side mostly water pump^^

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
AccordRacing said:
yeah,i agree with wira,if from engine side mostly water pump^^
aiks, so how much for the water pump ar? wanna know the roughly figure, so wont kena chop at work shop...

btw, does my car still ok to drive? cause these days need to use car to go KL, but i will stay on 80-90KM/H and always notice the water temp... does i do like this is safe?

next week only got time to fix the car... T_T

WiRa

1,000 RPM
Dec 14, 2004
KL
standby water on u bonet :D ,and always to up water on ur radiator before drive....dont know how much the water pump!..better buy it you self at spare part shop .......(what car u drive?) maybe can help u find cheap2 one..

keropok

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Bro...i think is the water pump. happen to me last week.

Saw coolent comming out from the right hand side of the engine.
I didn't bother about it...an pay the price. My engine overheated
Luckly had a petrol station nearby. Best get it check bro.

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
WiRa said:
standby water on u bonet :D ,and always to up water on ur radiator before drive....dont know how much the water pump!..better buy it you self at spare part shop .......(what car u drive?) maybe can help u find cheap2 one..
i driving old model of honda accord, SV4...

ya, now i standby 3 bottle of water... hehe...

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
keropok said:
Bro...i think is the water pump. happen to me last week.

Saw coolent comming out from the right hand side of the engine.
I didn't bother about it...an pay the price. My engine overheated
Luckly had a petrol station nearby. Best get it check bro.
wah, overheated... is it the coolant empty and cause that? if i drive the car still got coolant with it, does it will overheat. but i know when the coolant is left around half in radiator, then will overheat...

so now i didnt see cars on road, see the water temp gauge only... :P

hehe...

bobkidi

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Visit site
only 2 thing, leaking n blockage
me also face same problem, thermostat jammed, the water couldn't circle

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
better change it early..coz if the engine over heat it will cause gasket burn,even honda's head gasket is metal type but also gone if the temp too high,dont u felt disgusting to wait the radiator cool down n top up water?tomolo i pm u the price

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
NiCkY7 said:
i driving old model of honda accord, SV4...

ya, now i standby 3 bottle of water... hehe...
bro
dont take unnessary risk of buying second hand water pump from chop shop la... buy new one which cant last longer.certain things can get from chop shop but this one arr.... risky ler.yes some chop shop comes with warranty but how about labor charges? unless if u fix it by ur own...which is still a messy job coz it aint easy to change water pump LOL

just my 2 cents :D

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
radiator fan

my radiator fan dosent run when idle but if turn on aircon both radiator fan run and aircon fan run. what is the problem ah? fan switch? how much for new switch for hyundai scoupe. anyone can help me?

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
yer fan is not suppose to run unless it reaches certain temperature... there's a temp sensor plumbed into your cooling system that senses the temp... it'll feedback to the ecu wat temp it's actually is...and activates the fan when it reaches certain temp..

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
yo guys,

thanks for all the informations...
thanks zenden for the price, so i wont kena chop later... :P

aiks, these days a bit busy, no time to fix the car yet, cause need to use car also :( ... hope the car wont down so fast... tahan a bit more... ><

:D

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
scoupe said:
my radiator fan dosent run when idle but if turn on aircon both radiator fan run and aircon fan run. what is the problem ah? fan switch? how much for new switch for hyundai scoupe. anyone can help me?
check ur pm

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys...I'm driving an Iswara a/b, 97 model 1.3 hoping to mod my car due to lack of funds for new car...anyways whould appreciate if any of you can help me with this project that i soon wanna take on..thanks ya!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience