A Complete Newbie

coole

Feb 22, 2005
Hi, i am totally new in car maintaining as i am going to get my first own car soon.
Is Tufoil suitable to use for a brand new car? Will it void warranty?

I understand that every 5000 km we need to change car oil which we called black oil in cantonese. So is Tufoil a kind of black oil or it's a supplement oil which means we still need to use black oil + Tufoil?

Where do we fill Tufoil into? How? When?

Sry if the questions r too newbie :)

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
If you are local, suggest you pay a visit to ACE HARDWARE'S stores in Mid-Valley, Melawati or Ikano where you can watch the Tufoil videos on what is Tufoil and how to use it. The video is a good guide for somebody who is completely new to motoring.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
hi focal point...wat engine oil is best recon by u 2 mix wit tufoil..lets say semi synt n mineral

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Tks Yong. The only way to find out the best combination of semi-syn with Tufoil is to try them out. It may take one to two years before you strike the jackpot.

Anyone out there would like to share with Yong the best combination of semi-syn with Tufoil ? Maybe, we can do a poll.

Which brand of semi-syn gives best results with Tufoil?

The results will surely be useful and interesting to all members of ZTH.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
yes yes...y dun u focal point start a poll...

i try b4 very little engine oil onli s my old engine was burning away all my engine oil thru the worn piston rings....so i have 2 use mineral ESSO 20w50 onli

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Yong, you should have a engine compression test done preferably using the Motometer - pistol like gadget. Speedform, Zender Motor Works in Segambut have this. In Kajang, you can visit Wonderful Auto. Also at Damansara Auto - Kayu Ara - next lot to BP station.

If indeed the rings or cylinder wall are badly scoured, no engine oil even SAE 50
( used in tractors and cranes ) can help. If you are lucky, the problem could be just the valve seals. Here you get lots of white smoke while idling. You get a smoking exhaust even when the vehicle is not moving.

Your car is Year 2000 model and this is happening. It just shows that top lubrication is very important.We change our oils at 5000 km. Somebody, a doctor we know changes his oils at 3000 km. All his engines are purring even for a 1988 BMW 520i !!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fire design

Chevrolet design

more
more

Other than looking nice are there any benefits adding them to a stock car?
How about if the whole exhaust system changed?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience