63t turbine

garrett calling it T67 and HKS using TO4R.... the compressor side using mostly the same spec but the turbine can have a different combination housing and wheel..

if you looking for brand factor, it will hit your wallet because it cheaper buying garrett turbo rather than branded turbo. moreover, it garrett afterall..

Last edited:
Garrett makes turbo for HKS.

Mitsubishi makes turbo for Greddy.

ALthought HKS' turbo is from Garrett, the specification is TOTALLY different.

HKS has its own turbo R&D department and HKS has its own turbo specs.

Turbos that are made for HKS, uses HKS' proprietory design and specs.

THat means if Garret use the HKS' spec for their own turbo, HKS will sue Garrett.

A similar relationship also exist between Greddy and Mitsubishi.

there to many spec of garrett part for turbo... the problem is HKS spec is not on the shelf for garrett because they mainly cater for heavy vehicle or generator or whatever.... The HKS turbine is a special order made by garrett for them that why we have to pay a premium price for it... but luckly there are many T67 on the market but without the HKS badge to be TO4R and never heard of HKS is suing garrett for that...

Maybe our Garrett spoke person can shed some light.

Paging SDF.........

Jin,

want me to intro one nice cheap ball bearing turbine that is slightly larger than 20G and spools up from 2800rpm onwards?

nice nice cheap cheap sell to you... hehehe.. or straight go buy jeff's turbine la!

i'm very much confuse with T04R. From what i know, it is originated from T04S family (T61,T64,T66,T68,T70 and so on...). The wheel from T04R has 66.7mm inducer diameter and it is different from any of the T04S series comp wheel. I tried to search for the compressor map for this particular wheel and I have yet to find anything from the internet, which makes me strongly believe it is from HKS not Garrett. I've heard that HKS specially ordered from Garrett; i don't know much bout this. i believe the T67 is the unofficial name for the comp wheel. somebody please shed some light.

Last edited: