5k Budget for Satria Mod

silveraden

Aug 20, 2012
Salam and hye to otai2's here.

I'm driving Proton Satria 1.3 currently. I have budget around 5k. I'm thinking to do some bodywork and modification to my car. But I'm not really have much knowledge about mod.:frown:

I'm not going to touch the engine as I'm not into performance type, but more to appearance and comfort type.Currently what im thinking is :

1. Full body paint - RM2k
2. Bucket Seat - RM1k
3. Adjustable Absorber - RM1k
3. A little on performance eg (air intake,strut bar,exhaust, muffler, etc) - RM1k

so, any advice from forumers? Really appreciate that.. :biggrin:

So, here's the picture. Taken a while ago when in workshop changing rear bumper. Will take front picture later.

syimirmazlan

Apr 25, 2012
Salam and hye to otai2's here.

I'm driving Proton Satria 1.3 currently. I have budget around 5k. I'm thinking to do some bodywork and modification to my car. But I'm not really have much knowledge about mod.:frown:

I'm not going to touch the engine as I'm not into performance type, but more to appearance and comfort type.Currently what im thinking is :

1. Full body paint - RM2k
2. Bucket Seat - RM1k
3. Adjustable Absorber - RM1k
3. A little on performance eg (air intake,strut bar,exhaust, muffler, etc) - RM1k

so, any advice from forumers? Really appreciate that.. :biggrin:
1.full body paint:1.5k still can get
2.bucket seat is ok:can get imitation if u want to save, about rm700 per pair new
3.why want to use adjustable abs if u r not into performance, just use sports abs from proride, u can get with abs+springs+installation about rm700++
4.no need air intake, just use stock air intake, strut bar will only perform at high speed cornering, and just do some exhaust work plus muffler than will cost around rm300, just use some ah beng one since u r not on performance...

so total will be about rm3500

silveraden

Aug 20, 2012
1.full body paint:1.5k still can get
2.bucket seat is ok:can get imitation if u want to save, about rm700 per pair new
3.why want to use adjustable abs if u r not into performance, just use sports abs from proride, u can get with abs+springs+installation about rm700++
4.no need air intake, just use stock air intake, strut bar will only perform at high speed cornering, and just do some exhaust work plus muffler than will cost around rm300, just use some ah beng one since u r not on performance...

so total will be about rm3500
Oh, ok. Thanks bro! So i got another RM1.5k to spend for rims..lol :hmmmm:

raidersx7

Nov 10, 2008
my sincere opinion... save your money... change or re-paint only if its really necessary...

nadziad

May 14, 2011
johor
5 k for modify.....alot if u can quote ur budget properly...hehehe....hepi modify bro...nice to see what ur have done..

silveraden

Aug 20, 2012
my sincere opinion... save your money... change or re-paint only if its really necessary...
at 1st, i wanna make it as a deposit for used car actually. but my parent suggest wait for next year when my salary increase, buy new car instead. so i'm thinking to use that to re-mod a bit. My car seriously need new paint. i'll post pic later. :driver:

i agree with your parents...it will be a waste modding your 1.3....
save your rm5k, + sell your satria & pay a higher downpayment for you new car....
then from there u begin to mod it...only after the warranty expires la....

Sell satria 1.3 about 10k, so plus your 5k that's 15k (roughly), down payment for a Toyota / Honda / or even the Proton Preve (it's not a bad car) then start from there ok what.

csl

Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Myvi 1.5 is cute, fast and cheap to maintain. Used Waja is only RM20+k.

silveraden

Aug 20, 2012
i agree with your parents...it will be a waste modding your 1.3....
save your rm5k, + sell your satria & pay a higher downpayment for you new car....
then from there u begin to mod it...only after the warranty expires la....
Sell satria 1.3 about 10k, so plus your 5k that's 15k (roughly), down payment for a Toyota / Honda / or even the Proton Preve (it's not a bad car) then start from there ok what.
TQ bro..will consider that. but to sell my Satria, gonna need new paint cuz the paint already crack there and there. =.=

Rm5k, a lot u can do....but not to the extend until turbocharged or so....

Hi, i wanna ask that can i fit the brake Caliper And Disc into a Myvi knuckle ?

I understand at it ill need a custom bracket , but the disc has 5-Lug Nut with PCD 112 .

Or i just went to buy a ready made oversize brake kit for Myvi are better option?

Thanks for any advance =)