4G93T Club

I'm using 4G93 GDI, same say "reverse engine" equivalent to evo 4, 6 & 7 mounting.
1) My 4G93 have idling problem, the RPM going up and down during idling, is this a big issue?
2) Which workshop at Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur area can look at my 4G93? most workshop I went to said GDI is a high maintenance engine.
3) Should i replace the engine? Which engine good for long distance and low fuel consumption?

Hi all,

Went to a spare part shop to look for a timing belt for GSR 4G93T, the spare part shop was unsure as he mention there are two different teeth (Gigi) of timing belt. One of them has 153 teeth and 154 teeth for the second. I am confuse which belt is right. Am looking for the original Mitsubishi ones.

Please help.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Went to a spare part shop to look for a timing belt for GSR 4G93T, the spare part shop was unsure as he mention there are two different teeth (Gigi) of timing belt. One of them has 153 teeth and 154 teeth for the second. I am confuse which belt is right. Am looking for the original Mitsubishi ones.

Please help.

Thanks.

If your engine is from a mitsubishi lancer or libero CD5A or CW5A chassis you will be using the 154 teeth. 153 is for evo3 la...

yup, it is from a mitsubishi lancer. Hopefully what im getting is a right belt as i went to another spare part shop and asked for a Mitsubishi 1.8 GSR timing belt and they sold it without saying how many teeth are there.

Thanks again. :biggrin:

ftzone! long time no see.. wanna ask, what clutch plate size should i use? 4g93t std setup, with 4wd gsr locked gb.
8.5", 9"?

ftzone! long time no see.. wanna ask, what clutch plate size should i use? 4g93t std setup, with 4wd gsr locked gb.
8.5", 9"?

it should be 9" clutch the same with EVO1-3
EXEDY Semi Racing cover + 3pad disc MYR1000.00
Go sparepart shop buy bearing (price about MYR50)

I'm using 4G93 GDI, same say "reverse engine" equivalent to evo 4, 6 & 7 mounting.
1) My 4G93 have idling problem, the RPM going up and down during idling, is this a big issue?
2) Which workshop at Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur area can look at my 4G93? most workshop I went to said GDI is a high maintenance engine.
3) Should i replace the engine? Which engine good for long distance and low fuel consumption?

1) it is most likely the ISC. It controls the idling. There are some ways to test them online.
2) There are a couple in Sunway area (near sunway college), where they are pretty familiar with such cars.
3) Fuel consumption depends on the scenario. FC on 4g93T will be much better than a typical 1.5l car when it is loaded with 4 adults.

hi, new 4g93t user here! :D seems like this thread has been very inactive for the past few weeks lol

hi all...

i'm also new 4g93T owner...
like shiyau maybe :wavey:

just stock into my 1.3 chassis for a month...
but only 2weeks having fun, then i feel want some more power :banghead:

currently im using standard 4g93T
any suggestion from all sifu?

Welcome to the 4g93T world :wavey: Plenty of good advice here, just need to do some searching. :)

fifty50: Best advice I can give you is to do in-depth look-over of your engine. Definitely there will be things needing to be changed. Do all of this first before going for power upgrades. Once engine is in good condition, start with suspension and brake mods. Since your chassis is originally 1.3, plenty of things you can change to Evo parts.

Putting downpipe will it increase hp?currenly using stock turbo td04,evo ecu and airflow evo.got anyone selling downpipe td04?

Thanks sifu SpeedDemon...
actually my engine is quite OK...
but i think my GSR is not have enough power like others...

ok,let's start with chapter one...
how about suspension?
is using adjustable is compulsory?

then how's brake system?
do i really need to change to other servo pump..etc pajero's?

thanks in advance for ur opinions & suggestions

Thanks sifu SpeedDemon...
actually my engine is quite OK...
but i think my GSR is not have enough power like others...

ok,let's start with chapter one...
how about suspension?
is using adjustable is compulsory?

then how's brake system?
do i really need to change to other servo pump..etc pajero's?

thanks in advance for ur opinions & suggestions

adjustables, well, depends on what setting you want. If you want comfort, then just back to stock or OEM. Adjustables are only meant for hard altho you can set it soft but then if you set it soft then no point using adjustables.

stock standard setup for GSR turbo is running on max 0.6 bar. If you wanna go higher, yes you have to mod.

Agree with shiyau. Depends on what you want. I normally recommend people look at their engine condition and then handling and braking because if your engine isn't in good condition, then whatever mods you do, you won't get the increase in performance as your engine is already "unhealthy".

If your engine is ok, then improving the handling via suspension and braking mods will allow you to push the car to higher speeds with the risk of losing control lessened. No use knowing how to go fast in a straight line (which anyone can do) but not being able to go through corners or brake in time. So adjustables are not compulsory but at least they do give you an option. For myself, I'm using Tein HR which allows me to adjust the height but not the hardness.

For brakes I personally find those of the original GSR or Evo good enough. If you're using stock Proton brakes, then I recommend upgrading to these. Don't forget a good set of brake pads are necessary too. Don't go for full racing pads as those require high temperatures to warm up and bite. In our daily driving, we might not hit those temps at all.

Note this doesn't mean I condone street or illegal racing. :) Track is the best actually because you don't have to worry about upcoming traffic and plenty of space on either side even though you lose control. I went to SIC a few weeks ago and lost it at Turn 5 (I think) at 140km/h and all I got was a broken rear brake light and a dent on the rear fender (though it could have been worse). On the street my car would have been written off and I might not be typing this. :D

P.S. I'm no sifu.

Thanks...

yes, just like what u've said Speed Demon...
just dare to speed up in a straight line but not through corners...haha
:driver:

so Bro Shiyau, i think i'll watch for standard GSR absorber next...
back to basic is better i think...

P/S: Someone who's better than me are my sifu :burnout:

Anyway how about exhaust system?
can u explain in sequence from extractor till muffler?
about size etc...

1 more thing, now im using standard GSR intercooler which located at
the front, right side of my car..
so which type of front-located intercooler is best suit for me?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom