4g13 need advice

dude for 4g13 what piston can be fit? Have read some in net that they can put 4g18 piston inside but they put slip can anyone explain to me? Hehe and what are slip? Can't bout that bro sky(taiko) can convert 4g13 into twin cam? I don't wan change block la just to increase the displacement hehe anyone?:confused:
4g18 piston cannot fit inside 4g13 block... even if u bore the block till it can fit, it will not match the stroke of ur 4g13 crankshaft... 4g18 pistons need to be used with the crankshaft as well in 4g15....

if u wanna maintain 4g13 block, jz get oversized piston... maddriver has done a 1.4L 4g13 engine before...

4g18 piston cannot fit inside 4g13 block... even if u bore the block till it can fit, it will not match the stroke of ur 4g13 crankshaft... 4g18 pistons need to be used with the crankshaft as well in 4g15....

if u wanna maintain 4g13 block, jz get oversized piston... maddriver has done a 1.4L 4g13 engine before...

ooo, so 1.4l piston, is from what engine?

Check out the specs first dude... B X S of both engine

4G13 B71mm X S82mm
4G15 B75.5mm X S82mm

What do you mean by the not matching stroke. They share the same shortblock. Just different after cast machining.

The CTC of the cylinder are the same. Which is why the intake manifold can be shared.

Check out the specs first dude... B X S of both engine

4G13 B71mm X S82mm
4G15 B75.5mm X S82mm

What do you mean by the not matching stroke. They share the same shortblock. Just different after cast machining.

The CTC of the cylinder are the same. Which is why the intake manifold can be shared.
macha, open eyes wide wide and read ok... i mean 4g18 BxS not same with 4g13/4g15 BxS...

macha, open eyes wide wide and read ok... i mean 4g18 BxS not same with 4g13/4g15 BxS...

Oh Yes Well..... I'm sorry...
Cheebye, what was I doing... Must be fXcked up with numbers the whole day... My bad...

kekeke....

This topic is going way beyond street performance enhancing . If u guys can think of so much options, then engineers would just stop designing & building engines and so pass down the job for u guys. :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

So 4g15 piston can fit into 4g13 block with the same stroke, just need to rebore and change the piston right sifu? Hehehe
sorry ask so many question hehe:adore:

no point using 1.3 block, just go plonk in the whole blardy 1.5 block and settled.

1.3 block unable to fit in those pistons, it will be dangerous cos its near to water hole.

just buy an extra 1.5 block, take out everything then plonk in a 4g18 (waja) crankshaft and pistons into your 1.5 block. you'll have good low end till top and your displacement will be 1.6.

fitting in the crankshaft is already stroke, comp will be higher but just used few head gaskets to be sure.

some 1.5 blocks no nid to bore (to fit in waja pistons) but some need to bore, if bore also will be very minimal.

i've used kembara pistons before, only about less then 20% improvement and the pistons is only about 0.5cm taller then the usual standard pistons.

there are many oversized pistons available for 1series, do search around. many has done it before and there is no reliability issue at all, using it for daily drives and sometimes spirited drives.

visit www.4g1series.tk for more info about 4g1series engines.

no point using 1.3 block, just go plonk in the whole blardy 1.5 block and settled.

1.3 block unable to fit in those pistons, it will be dangerous cos its near to water hole.

just buy an extra 1.5 block, take out everything then plonk in a 4g18 (waja) crankshaft and pistons into your 1.5 block. you'll have good low end till top and your displacement will be 1.6.

fitting in the crankshaft is already stroke, comp will be higher but just used few head gaskets to be sure.

some 1.5 blocks no nid to bore (to fit in waja pistons) but some need to bore, if bore also will be very minimal.

i've used kembara pistons before, only about less then 20% improvement and the pistons is only about 0.5cm taller then the usual standard pistons.

there are many oversized pistons available for 1series, do search around. many has done it before and there is no reliability issue at all, using it for daily drives and sometimes spirited drives.

visit www.4g1series.tk for more info about 4g1series engines.
sifu has sipoken....:adore::adore:

This topic is going way beyond street performance enhancing . If u guys can think of so much options, then engineers would just stop designing & building engines and so pass down the job for u guys. :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:
some car manufacturers only design the car/engine to be that capable... this gives alot more room for improvement for car tuning industry to grow....

True every Non performance engines are purpose build for reliability & etc ......
Every part of the engine is measured and calculated in such a way that it can to last for years. But hey, we are smart and think of ways to improve performance n stuff as a result shorter engine life which needs you to waste money on repairing or whole motor replacement.
For example, as fstrader said, 4G15 engine swap in kembara piston with no reliability issues that is good. But if u suggested 4G13 block this n that option, thats just too much. U just don't understand the kind of stress n strain the internals encountered and how much pressure would the kind of material on the parts can withstand......
U guys are very very good in mix n matching with parts n parts , i admit i'm not as good sifu skywalker and others due i'm still a learning engineer. I'm happy to happy this tread as " Way of improving performance engine" rather than teaching ppl to improve such non potential 4G13/5 engines

sifu has sipoken....:adore::adore:

some car manufacturers only design the car/engine to be that capable... this gives alot more room for improvement for car tuning industry to grow....

True every Non performance engines are purpose build for reliability & etc ......
Every part of the engine is measured and calculated in such a way that it can to last for years. But hey, we are smart and think of ways to improve performance n stuff as a result shorter engine life which needs you to waste money on repairing or whole motor replacement.
For example, as fstrader said, 4G15 engine swap in kembara piston with no reliability issues that is good. But if u suggested 4G13 block this n that option, thats just too much. U just don't understand the kind of stress n strain the internals encountered and how much pressure would the kind of material on the parts can withstand......
U guys are very very good in mix n matching with parts n parts , i admit i'm not as good sifu skywalker and others due i'm still a learning engineer. I'm happy to happy this tread as " Way of improving performance engine" rather than teaching ppl to improve such non potential 4G13/5 engines

who say, 4g1x not have potential? if u compare 4g1x series with 4g9x then u were wrong....
some people want to swap engine, but some people dun wan they just to test potential of their engine to the limit... and some people just wan to modified their engine so that have some power and pickup also to save some fuel....
sifu2 in here have dun modified the 4g1x engine in here, is not wrong to ask them what can be done, what can not... they have experience in their expertise... so they knew what to do and what can not do....
if u are engineer, prove it to us the in detail what the stress and strain to the engine... don't just state 4g1x can't can hold the stress if just simple modification.... prove it to us with ur calculation, dun't just put statement in here...:mad::mad:

the only 4g13 is capable about 120whp, is the efi version plus a bolt on turbo. it can produce about 120bhp but turbo lag is terrible. if you low boost it will produce about 90-100bhp but still lose to 4g91 dohc. what i can say for 4g13 carburetor, is change to 4g15 block. apart from that, nothing much can do lar, my bro.

so, 4g13 cant reli do much. even if u put highcam also will lose to a stock 4g15

most engine works on the same basis... air+fuel+ignition=combustion... the technology applied onto modern engines are mostly designs to help improve the efficiency of a normal fossil fuel combustion engine... for NA engine application, no replacement for displacement is true... the more air+fuel u suck in to combust, the more power u make... given the displacement as a static constant (in which if u not planning to alter it), u can alwiz improve on the flow efficiency of the intake and exhaust path... high flow filter, larger intake, port polish, highcams, etc... all this improves ur flow efficiency closer to 100% (yes u will not achieve 100% efficiency)....

kembara pistons for example... gives higher compression ratio... given a volume of air+fuel, the more u able to compress it, the better performance u can gain from the combustion stroke... given that no pre-ignition or detonation happens....

there are many ways to improve pressure, not neccesary change piston. skimm engine head is a way, do large port n polish and switch to weber/delorto also a way. not neccesary so mafan touch engine internal.

hapeace, what u can do is, safe up n buy a 4g15 injection kit, apply on your engine (like sifu sky), then find this guy khguan and customake double intake to improve your engine torque and respond. and change highcam.

I believe what you do above, should give you the power somewhat like 4g15. If you want more power, just converto to efi + turbo + emanage. And you can have a 4g13 perform somewhat like 1600cc sohc. But you still lose to stock 1600c dohc. I am driving both turbo n na car. Turbo is not always win coz the lag.

So, as everyone shared, its not reli worth to do so much on a 4g13 with carburetor. Is a waste of money n time. Coz a simple 4g15 block swap already win all the mod i mentioned above. If want to mod, mod wisely lor.....

In my point of view, 4g15 is a good touge engine, modify n focus on low end torque. A guy in zth with black wira on 4g15 tuned, went to GRA last time and got 2nd place, 1st place was a lotus elise. but 4g13......reli cannot ler my friend :)

Last edited:
there are many ways to improve pressure, not neccesary change piston. skimm engine head is a way, do large port n polish and switch to weber/delorto also a way. not neccesary so mafan touch engine internal.

hapeace, what u can do is, safe up n buy a 4g15 injection kit, apply on your engine (like sifu sky), then find this guy khguan and customake double intake to improve your engine torque and respond. and change highcam.

I believe what you do above, should give you the power somewhat like 4g15. If you want more power, just converto to efi + turbo + emanage. And you can have a 4g13 perform somewhat like 1600cc sohc. But you still lose to stock 1600c dohc. I am driving both turbo n na car. Turbo is not always win coz the lag.

So, as everyone shared, its not reli worth to do so much on a 4g13 with carburetor. Is a waste of money n time. Coz a simple 4g15 block swap already win all the mod i mentioned above. If want to mod, mod wisely lor.....

In my point of view, 4g15 is a good touge engine, modify n focus on low end torque. A guy in zth with black wira on 4g15 tuned, went to GRA last time and got 2nd place, 1st place was a lotus elise. but 4g13......reli cannot ler my friend :)

thanks bro, after heard so many suggestion and consideration maybe i will change to 1.5 block.... if want to change 1.5 block, what else also need to change? piston of cos la kan.... what else i need to buy? and how to go to the jpj for inspection? what need to be done?

bro sky can help me? because u already change the block right so u must know the procedure to inspection to jpj... and what need to buy...:adore::adore::hmmmm::hmmmm:

try find wira club forum lor, see if anyone convert to gsr or mivec, then ask them the engine cheap cheap to u. last time my fren convert gsr, he sold his mitsubishi 4G15 engine + injection + ecu RM650 nia....heheheh.

since 4g15 is same with 4g13 almost in everything, jpj n puspakom 100% pass

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom