2007 Malaysian GP, Sepang

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
The race was hot! Literally! Really hot weather and it's a wonder no engine blew up!

Congratz to McLaren for the 1-2 win! Kudos to Alonso and Hamilton for taking the inside of the first corner, and that made all the difference. The race was practically over after the first pit stop.

I agree with prodigy that traffic was a problem. I was stuck in a jam for 30 mins before and after the race. But overall, nothing beats watching F1 live.

But not forgetting, KIMI who kept his cool and fought with Hamilton till the end!

Last edited:

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
The race was hot! Literally! Really hot weather and it's a wonder no engine blew up!

Congratz to McLaren for the 1-2 win! Kudos to Alonso and Hamilton for taking the inside of the first corner, and that made all the difference. The race was practically over after the first pit stop.

I agree with prodigy that traffic was a problem. I was stuck in a jam for 30 mins before and after the race. But overall, nothing beats watching F1 live.

But not forgetting, KIMI who kept his cool and fought with Hamilton till the end!
yah yah...ahha......there is 1 engine blew up by wiliams....blew up wen he pass by my area.........i stucked in jam for 1hour..!!!! reach parkin only left 15mins to spare b4 race start....sumore gate 4 n 5 nid to queue like mad...luckily catch the start...

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
well, i really need to share my dissappoinment on this event...

this is my first visit to F1 sepang,
and honestly i just afford to buy a RM150 c2 hillstand covered ticket.
and also a PC3 parking area.

i did went to saturday qualifying session.
i was abit late, the traffic very minor so i still able to catch the action.

as this is my first time, i din know how long i need to be "jam" before reach sepang on race day.
so me and frens assume tat we reach KLIA tol by 2pm will be good enuf.
but just right after the tol, not even reach the kargo junction, cars started to stuck there.
we are too amaze, it jam from so far away!
and moving pretty slow
it took me total 1 hour 10mins for me the reach sepang circuit traffic light from KLIA tol, and definitely i've miss some of the action on the beginning.
the traffic police is smart, they open a single lane on the opposite way from kargo for ppl wanted to go sepang.
however, it is not used wisely.
the sign tat direct ppl to use tat special lane is A4 paper size.
and which is block by 2 big stomach traffic who stand in front of the sign.
and they not even telling ppl tat we can use tat lane!!!
so while all 4 lanes are jam wif cars, the special lane on the other side is totally empty and not used!

well, finish wif the traffic problem.
now reach sepang.
it still jam in the road to my PC3 parking area.
i found the main reason is tat many cars doesnt have the car parking sticker that they canot enter any parking area, so they just stuck on the junction and park beside the road which slow down the traffic.
organisor shud direct those cars without parking sticker to other way instead of blocking us wif the parking sticker!

ok well, after all finally i reach my PC3 parking area on 3.25pm.
the entrance was close wif 2 malay guys sitting there wearing the reflective safety shirt which they tot they are very smart.
i drive my car approach the entrance and the malay guy come beside my car window.

malay guy :" bang, parking full"
me : "WTF!! parking full??????????????"

actually me and frens wanted to scold gao gao on the matter,
but becoz we had late for the show, we dun wan to waste time wif this fella

me : " so macam mana sekarang??"
malay guy : "lu pergi parking PF1, cakap dengan orang sana sini full"
me : "apalah ni, PF1 dekat mana?"
malay guy : " depan saja.."
me....full rev on my iswara 1.3 without saying any more words wif tat fella.

well, so we drive some distance futher and reach PF1 parking,
drive in, the 'smart' guy there come to us

me :" PC3 full, orang suruh saya datang sini"
at the same time i can see PF1 is definitely FULL as well
malay guy : "lu bawah keluar dulu masuk balik"
hey..this doenst make sense right?
wats the purpose for me to drive out and come in again??
then i saw in front of me got a car wanted to coming out which i block his way
i do the right turn into the first row parking,
and found it was dead end becoz cars started to park middle of the road!
and too narrow for me to do the U-turn or reverse.
so i just park in the middle as well. blocking 1 or 2 cars in the parking slot.
the guy park in front of me say
"just park only, no choice"

ok well, finally settle down my car.
3.35pm, i gotto rush!
so me and another 2 frens start our long jog to our area
hey, look at the map
PF1 parking run to C2b gate
it is damn far!!!
we took almost 20mins to reach C2b gate
which tat time i feel wan to pengsan and vomit
becoz of the hot weather.
then i just find a space on the hill to sit down and breath until i feel well.
after taking some pics the race had ended.
which i haven manage to know the actual position of some of the drivers i support.

now the race finish , everyone wan to leave as soon as possible
we not coming out fast as we are too exhausted
slowly go in to the traffic and start to jam again
all of us had been direct to use Banting road to highway.
however it is still very jam.
after 1 hour in traffic finally i reach the last junction to turn into Nilai from sepang, i found out the cause of the traffic jam....

the last junction where all ppl use to turn into Nilai direction is a traffic light junction.
there were no police there to allow us to have more times turning out from the junction, instead we need to follow the traffic light which only have around 15seconds green light for all cars coming out from sepang.

sorry for this long broken english story,
and the conclusion is,
my first F1 race visit is.....totall screw up!!
i understand tat i only pay RM150 for C2 but not RM800 or RM1200 for grandstand or mall area.
but afterall....i still pay to watch the race right?

Last edited:

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
yah yah...ahha......there is 1 engine blew up by wiliams....blew up wen he pass by my area.........i stucked in jam for 1hour..!!!! reach parkin only left 15mins to spare b4 race start....sumore gate 4 n 5 nid to queue like mad...luckily catch the start...
Oh the Williams engine blew? I saw it stop by the side. Checked the replay but didn't see and white smoke. Thought probably some technical problems. Maybe I missed it. Thanks for the update.

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
Boring Grand Prix...even though im sitting at home watching broadcast...not many overtaking o incident...from starting to after massa course out jst attract me to most...wat massa thinking at that time when he wanted to overtake LEwis???
i thought he had it...but he oversteer b4 countersteer and wash out the track..my first thought was massa mess up with his brake balance....LEwis make a mistake brake little bit late..lock up the wheel and MAssa take the inside...then OMG..bad thing happen..mayb he was too nurvous...but Lewis has steadiness that impress me so much..he drive like he had been racing F1 car for many years...driving defensive superbly...nice driving..even though my favourite team loss but i just cant say something bad bout rival driver coz both of them are really good...
both Ferrari wan2 hv racing line at the start...give wide open oppotunity to Lewis to slot inside....thats when Alonso start to fled away...
wat upset me alot was it didnt rain!!!...it will be great if rain start to shower Sepang after alonso pit...haha...no offence for ALonso supporter...if rain sure it become interesting...

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
well, i really need to share my dissappoinment on this event...

this is my first visit to F1 sepang,
and honestly i just afford to buy a RM150 c2 hillstand covered ticket.
and also a PC3 parking area.

i did went to saturday qualifying session.
i was abit late, the traffic very minor so i still able to catch the action.

as this is my first time, i din know how long i need to be "jam" before reach sepang on race day.
so me and frens assume tat we reach KLIA tol by 2pm will be good enuf.
but just right after the tol, not even reach the kargo junction, cars started to stuck there.
we are too amaze, it jam from so far away!
and moving pretty slow
it took me total 1 hour 10mins for me the reach sepang circuit traffic light from KLIA tol, and definitely i've miss some of the action on the beginning.
the traffic police is smart, they open a single lane on the opposite way from kargo for ppl wanted to go sepang.
however, it is not used wisely.
the sign tat direct ppl to use tat special lane is A4 paper size.
and which is block by 2 big stomach traffic who stand in front of the sign.
and they not even telling ppl tat we can use tat lane!!!
so while all 4 lanes are jam wif cars, the special lane on the other side is totally empty and not used!

well, finish wif the traffic problem.
now reach sepang.
it still jam in the road to my PC3 parking area.
i found the main reason is tat many cars doesnt have the car parking sticker that they canot enter any parking area, so they just stuck on the junction and park beside the road which slow down the traffic.
organisor shud direct those cars without parking sticker to other way instead of blocking us wif the parking sticker!

ok well, after all finally i reach my PC3 parking area on 3.25pm.
the entrance was close wif 2 malay guys sitting there wearing the reflective safety shirt which they tot they are very smart.
i drive my car approach the entrance and the malay guy come beside my car window.

malay guy :" bang, parking full"
me : "WTF!! parking full??????????????"

actually me and frens wanted to scold gao gao on the matter,
but becoz we had late for the show, we dun wan to waste time wif this fella

me : " so macam mana sekarang??"
malay guy : "lu pergi parking PF1, cakap dengan orang sana sini full"
me : "apalah ni, PF1 dekat mana?"
malay guy : " depan saja.."
me....full rev on my iswara 1.3 without saying any more words wif tat fella.

well, so we drive some distance futher and reach PF1 parking,
drive in, the 'smart' guy there come to us

me :" PC3 full, orang suruh saya datang sini"
at the same time i can see PF1 is definitely FULL as well
malay guy : "lu bawah keluar dulu masuk balik"
hey..this doenst make sense right?
wats the purpose for me to drive out and come in again??
then i saw in front of me got a car wanted to coming out which i block his way
i do the right turn into the first row parking,
and found it was dead end becoz cars started to park middle of the road!
and too narrow for me to do the U-turn or reverse.
so i just park in the middle as well. blocking 1 or 2 cars in the parking slot.
the guy park in front of me say
"just park only, no choice"

ok well, finally settle down my car.
3.35pm, i gotto rush!
so me and another 2 frens start our long jog to our area
hey, look at the map
PF1 parking run to C2b gate
it is damn far!!!
we took almost 20mins to reach C2b gate
which tat time i feel wan to pengsan and vomit
becoz of the hot weather.
then i just find a space on the hill to sit down and breath until i feel well.
after taking some pics the race had ended.
which i haven manage to know the actual position of some of the drivers i support.

now the race finish , everyone wan to leave as soon as possible
we not coming out fast as we are too exhausted
slowly go in to the traffic and start to jam again
all of us had been direct to use Banting road to highway.
however it is still very jam.
after 1 hour in traffic finally i reach the last junction to turn into Nilai from sepang, i found out the cause of the traffic jam....

the last junction where all ppl use to turn into Nilai direction is a traffic light junction.
there were no police there to allow us to have more times turning out from the junction, instead we need to follow the traffic light which only have around 15seconds green light for all cars coming out from sepang.

sorry for this long broken english story,
and the conclusion is,
my first F1 race visit is.....totall screw up!!
i understand tat i only pay RM150 for C2 but not RM800 or RM1200 for grandstand or mall area.
but afterall....i still pay to watch the race right?
Tell me about it! The traffic problem is the single most annoying thing that happened today. The organisers were short-sighted not to allow cars without parking stickers to enter. They should have sold the parking tickets along with the tickets or set up a booth before SIC to sell them so as not to cause a jam at the main entrance.

I also used the Banting way to go back and the jam was terrible. 1 hour stuck in jam both ways. Really terrible experience. Next time I will catch the live telecast.

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
Tell me about it! The traffic problem is the single most annoying thing that happened today. The organisers were short-sighted not to allow cars without parking stickers to enter. They should have sold the parking tickets along with the tickets or set up a booth before SIC to sell them so as not to cause a jam at the main entrance.

I also used the Banting way to go back and the jam was terrible. 1 hour stuck in jam both ways. Really terrible experience. Next time I will catch the live telecast.
but the most i cant accept is the parking full....
pay RM50 but no place to park?
they shud only sell the amount tat the place can fit all the cars...

can the organiser just do it tat way?
do i have a right to claim or complaint on this matter even though i knew it is very hard?

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
but the most i cant accept is the parking full....
pay RM50 but no place to park?
they shud only sell the amount tat the place can fit all the cars...

can the organiser just do it tat way?
do i have a right to claim or complaint on this matter even though i knew it is very hard?
But hard for the organizers to estimate the parking area capacity. If ppl simply park 2 places, then the parking will be reduced. Come early next time la.

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
But hard for the organizers to estimate the parking area capacity. If ppl simply park 2 places, then the parking will be reduced. Come early next time la.
ya u are right...
but tat is wat actually they shud do right?
hire worker at each parking area doing nth?
they shud help ppl to park their car so that can fit more cars
we dun pay RM50 for nth ma....

if i need to come early then only can get parking lot
then they shud not ask me to buy the RM50 sticker at first

just my 2 cent~ :regular_smile:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
kangyoon20, to be frank, reach KLIA tol by 2pm without missing the 5 red lights is mission impossible. You need to be earlier.

I have to admit that your parking experience is painful.

looks like we all will go down to Singapore to watch the night F1 street racing next year .

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Kimi hinted that Ferrari run the engine setup not in maximum setup. That might be the price they need to pay after Australian GP.

Frankly, I don't think Massa's Ferrari don't have enough power to challenge BMW Nick Heidfeld for 4th postion, Ferrari try to play safe here.

source: Formula One news: Raikkonen disappointed with third - GPUpdate.net

"I'm happy to get some points but a bit disappointed how the race ended up," said Raikkonen. "The whole weekend was quite difficult but I think we needed to compromise too many things and we lost too much speed because of those things, but it was one of those weekends where we needed to do what was most important and try to get as many points as we could. We just didn't have enough speed today and couldn't do much more."

"I think we did the best we could and at least we scored important points, so we need to make everything 100 percent right at the next race," he added.

"I think we know the reasons why we were not quick in this race, but unfortunately, as I said, we were in a position where we couldn't do anything else," Raikkonen went on. "Hopefully we can turn the tables in the next race and fight for a win again."
I miss Ross Brown, the Ferrari tactical master who know at what time he summon his driver in for pit and grab a better position.

the race is boring, IMHO, it end after Massa's Ferrari eat into the grass. Kimi did try something at last 10 laps, but it's too late, only if Hamilton make a big mistake which will allow Kimi to overtake him.

Well done McLaren 1-2. Ron Dennis using his backside to push Kimi to the wall in the corridor. LOL

Rosberg seem to have engine blow up very frequent, poor guy.

Massa attach on Hamilton without much deeper thought, he do like street racer zip zap here & there and "trying" his luck all over the place, maybe his overtaking style same as Montoya, but Montoya's fierce overtaking attack with skill and Montoya can deliver.
A better driver will know how to trick the front driver (Alonso, Mika and DC and etc), be patient , move half of the car at right/left to have a peek, trying to confuse the front driver the direction you would like to use, and launch the real attach at the right time when the speed, next corner, fuel, brake and tyres are at his side. Unfortunately, I didn't see those in Today's Massa overtaking.

Malaysian GP = no rain, no "shiok". Agree? :)

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
babes time.

source: f1-live.com

SIC, come on, dun tell me that we can't do better for our pit babe.
Check our hypertune mag model.

who is the girl with blue jeans? :)

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Time for driver's babe... :)

The gentlemen shall be Jenson, right?
Mr. Button, pay more attention to your driving carrier, please...

DC seldom come alone. :)
Karen Minier

Massa's girl friend,
Rafaela Bassi

Rubens' wife, Silvana

Mrs. Raikkonen,
Jenni Räikkönen

Alonso's girl friend
Raquel del Rosario Macias

Christijan Albers' wife,
Liselore Albers Kooijman

Last edited:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Lewis HAmilton has maturity that's way beyond his age.

How he managed to force Massa into outbraking himself, twice, shows racecraft and coolness under pressure.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
To the whiners about parking and traffic:

Parking : They don't sell parking tickets there because it will cause further jam. It should have been easy if everybody followed the rule.... straight away go into parking. The rule clearly states---> Vehicles without a parking sticker will not be allowed into the SIC area. You should have follwed the rules and bought parking tickets when you bought your ticket. You're also given parking according to where your seating area is. (nearest as possible ler, based on availability).

Just because u pay RM50 it doesn't mean your guaranteed parking. There are parking attendents, but when cars flock in, its hard to ensure EVERY single car is parked properly. Without paying the RM50, you wouldn't have been able to enter the area at all!!

Traffic : Going to such a big event expecting no jams is unrealistic. Come on ler... your think you're the only one going to watch the race?!

Full parking and jams is part and parcle of going to such events. Its also a good indicator that Sepang is fulling in the crowd/spectators.

All in all i thought i the event went well. It was packed. I was in Citrine (south track), right in front of the big screen. And it was full... not like last year, where you could see some empty patches.

And i totally agree with faisal's statement about Lewis Hamilton. He brilliantly defended his position. A rookie with 2 podiums in 2 races speaks volumes...

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Ferrari has only Massa to blame for their low points count in the Constructors. Poor performance lost him 2 position at the start. trip across grass lost him another 2.

While Lewis DA MAN Hamilton backs Alonso fiercely, Massa fiercely trys to out do himself while holding up Kimi. I recall when Massa had his first off at Turn 4 Kimi got alongside and tried to pass into T5/6. Massa defended and held Kimi back.

Lewis finished behind Fernando everytime, while Massa is a couple of places from Kimi.

Lewis has finished 3rd in his first race. 2nd in his 2nd race. 1st in his 3rd race perhaps??

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Lewis Hamilton is fantastic. The boy's got a good head on his shoulders. Contrast that to Massa who seemed like a rookie. Kimi would have done better from pole.

A Post Every 5 Mins

My ride F10 528i was opticoated by Seech 14 months ago. Recently noted some waterspots/stains on my bonnet and boot. Called KC up for an early appointment. Managed to send in my ride on 29/07/2013 afternoon. KC was extremely kind. Examined my car for any paint defects. Amazingly the water beading was damn good even after 1 year plus of opticoating. KC did a complimentary touch up for my bonnet and boot area. As usual with his magical skills the final outcome was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience