Eddie Lew makes a come back to the Malaysian Super Series 2007

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
EDDIE LEW RETURNS TO MALAYSIAN SUPER SERIES FOR THE LATE JIMMY LOW

Taking over the wheels from the late Jimmy Low, former champion Eddie Lew is making a return to the Malaysian Super Series (MSS) this year beginning with the opening round this weekend and has immediately declared himself ready to win the Supersaloon title for him and his close friend.

“I am back this year for me and for Jimmy, who was a great inspiration for me and Malaysia’s motorsports as a whole,” said Eddie, who won the Supersixteen title in 2003 but stayed away from the series in the following years to concentrate on international racing.

Regarded as Malaysia’s top saloon car driver, Eddie said he was honoured when approached by JC Racing to drive Jimmy’s Honda Integra DC5 racecar to compete in this year’s series, which would run in five rounds.

“Obviously, I am happy to be back and with the support from JC Racing, I am confident that we could win this year and finished what Jimmy was unable to do last year for the team,” said Eddie, winner of Sepang’s 12-hour Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race (MMER) in 2004.

Due to overwhelming response and a crowded schedule, the Malaysian Super Series – regarded as the country’s national championship for track racing - has separated its car and bikes competitions this year with the opening round of bike competition to be held on May 19 and 20.

Until the penultimate round last season, Jimmy, who passed away on October 31, was leading the battle of the 2000cc machines in the Supersaloon Championship. In Jimmy’s absence, Soh Kee Koon of Superture Motorsports won the final round and the overall title for his first ever MSS crown.

Winner of the Supercar Championship in 2003, Jimmy was also the first winner of the MMER in 2000 when he partnered Karamjit Singh and Tommy Lee apart from a host of other titles in saloon cars and rally.

While admitting the strength of Eddie and JC Racing, the Kuala Lumpur-based Superture Motorsports, however, had declared that they would be going all out to defend the Supersaloon title and ready for the challenge this year.

Apart from Kee Koon, team manager Lewis Lu said that the team would also be fielding Supersixteen champion Wong Yew Choong and Tek Kean Kang to support Kee Koon in his quest do defend the 2000cc title.

“Yew Choong’s priority will be for the 1600cc Supersixteen Championship. His role in the Supersaloon Championship will be to support Kee Koon,” said Lewis, adding that their participation in the MSS was also part of their preparation programme for the Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race.

Apart from Eddie, Lewis said the team also expected a strong challenge from JPM Integra Cup champion Sharjihan Ghouse in the Supersaloon Championship this season.

“We all know that he is a very good, aggressive driver and it would be hard to beat him. Then, there’s also others who will only know this Saturday,” said Lewis.

Saturday would see the competitors, which also included the 1000cc Supercompact, Supercar, JPM Integra Cup Malaysia and Hong Kong Classic Car Series, competing for their grids in qualifying.

For the opening round, the participants would compete in two compulsory races on Sunday (April 22) in deciding the winners.

While entry is free on Saturday, spectators will be charged RM10 for Race Day for entry at the Main Grandstand.

MALAYSIAN SUPER SERIES 2007 – RACE CALENDAR

Car Categories

Round 1 21 & 22 April (North Track)
Round 2 25 & 26 May (South Track)
Round 3 28 & 29 July (North Track)
Round 4 8 & 9 Sept (South Track)
Round 5 23 – 25 Nov (Full Track)

Bike Categories

Round 1 19 & 20 May (South Track)
Round 2 9 & 10 June (South Track)
Round 3 21 & 22 July (South Track)
Round 4 11 & 12 August (North Track)
Round 5 19 – 21 Oct (Full Track)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I would like to improve on the performance of this car for street usage. Besides swop engine, what else can be done? Im from JB. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience