2-way alarm suggestion needed

ezri

Known Member
Feb 2, 2005
hi guys..

seems everyone are to 2-way alarm,

i scout around several acc shop, they got several 2-way alarm from rm700- rm3k,

my budget is under rm1k incl installation...

can u guys give me some input(i've search this whole thread already, just to add more info)

the brand n its pros n cons..

also some installer suggestion..

thanks in advance

armik

Apr 20, 2005
Hi there bro,

I am using Radiostar Dragon 2-way alarm. This alarm will definitely be within your budget. I have been using for sometime now. Well, so far, am pretty satisfied with it.

The features and functions are: -

1. 2-way of 3000ft.
2. Car status check. This means I can send a signal anytime I want from my remote and it will check the status of my car. It reply to my remote to show me if everything is ok.
3. Passive arming. Meaning, if I forgot to arm/ lock my car when leaving, it will automatically arm and lock ( I can choose for it not to lock) after 30 seconds. It will also send me a message to tell me that I forgot to arm but the system has already done it.
4. Built-in Shock sensor. It has a 3-tier built in shock sensor. At the most sensitive level, rain drops will also trigger the shock sensor.

The other non-security features (which are also built in) are: -

5. Remote engine start
6. Remote trunk release

I think thats about it.

What I like most is that the range is 3000ft. Firstly, wherever I go, I will never park more than 3000ft away from my I am at. So, that means my car will always be within my range. Anyone touches my baby, that a**h*** is definitely asking for trouble ;)

Hope I've helped.

If you want to know more, you pm me dude!

cheers,
armik

ezri

Known Member
Feb 2, 2005
well..

thanks armik..note taken to radiostar..

any other brand, i know that there are more than dozens of 2-way alarm in market

just i need a real life user experience, more convincing...

ezri

Known Member
Feb 2, 2005
hi maxee, how is ur opinion or pros n cons of ur alarm?

made in?

thanks

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Ezri,

I am using Viper 791XV responder alarm system. Its a 2 way and the range is 1km under ideal conditions, but I would say effective range is about 400m. The unit comes standard with a 2 stage shock sensor and other add on sensors that I am using are the 2 stage motion sensor and glass break sensor.

Among the functions are:-

- code hopping frequency so that no one can duplicate ur remote
- built in starter kill
- different zones for doors, key, boot and hood and the alarm informs u which zone was violated
- remote start, turbo timer function and also timer remote start
- LCD display on remote with backlight, vibration
- engine disable function (leave ur car and after 30 secs the starter kill kicks in)
- auto active/passive arming and locking
- trunk release
- other optional add-ons include power window, voice module,
- Warn away trigger
- Nuisance Prevention, if the zone if triggered 3 times in a row within the hour, the system would ignore the zone (except door open and key) for the next 1 hour
- and many others (better u google it up).

Well, the sensors are sensitive enough to detect rain drops on the windows and also someone walking past (without touching your car), if u set the sensitivity to the max. I am really satisfied with the alarm with no downfalls at all except for its price.

ezri

Known Member
Feb 2, 2005
thanks trex92..how much u pay for the alarm n sensors?

very much indeed infomative comments..thanks..

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
too sensitive alarm, wat's the use then, troublesome. better get an immobilizer....cheap n nice below rm500...

ezri

Known Member
Feb 2, 2005
basically, thief are more techy nowdays

they can disable any alarms n immo..rite?

the advantage of 2 way alarms is u know if someone wanna try to steal ur car onli rite?

me a noob..correct me if im wrong..

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
ezri said:
thanks trex92..how much u pay for the alarm n sensors?

very much indeed infomative comments..thanks..
if purchase and install in malaysia, the system costs RM2,700 plus.

However, i bought my unit in from US and DIY installation.

1. Viper 791 XV I bought the alarm for RM900 (USD 230 like that). Retail : RM2,700

2. Viper Motion sensor about RM120 (USD 30 like that). Retail : RM300

3. Viper Glass break sensor RM40 (USD 10 like that). Retail : dunno..

4. Voice module ... very old liao forgot the price

5. Viper Electronic Light display RM100 (bought in M'sia)

Check out this site www.savinglots.com but they do not do international shipping, best if u got fren or relatives in US, buy from this site and ship it to them then ask them to courier it back to you.

Or alternatively, go to www.ebay.com.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
ezri said:
basically, thief are more techy nowdays

they can disable any alarms n immo..rite?

the advantage of 2 way alarms is u know if someone wanna try to steal ur car onli rite?

me a noob..correct me if im wrong..
yup, thats the advantage of a 2 way system... lets u know what's happening to ur car.

armik

Apr 20, 2005
Dear Ezri,

Well thats pretty expensive really. Radiostar is much much cheaper but works a little differently.
There is only 1 shock sensor with 3 levels of sensetivity. It will trigger upon any impact on the car wondow, tyres or body. The system is also connected to the signal lights & the horn & triggers accordingly, no need a separate lights module.

Including other itemssuch as remote start, passive alarm mode...etc, for a very affordable price of RM590...(around RM150 more for installation!!!)...

Really a comprehensive system at an affordable price...

regards,
Armik

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
yup, radiostar is much more affordable than viper ;)

but i would stick to viper if given the choice again... :D

ezri

Known Member
Feb 2, 2005
that's right...

iam in the middle of choices rite now..

but i have time, slow2 find the right one..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Problem:
Many people COMPLAIN about the rising fuel cost and the cost of vehicle maintenance, but very few ACT on it.

The Solution:
CNG - Compressed Natural Gas. It is a well-known fact that CNG is a SAFE and ECONOMICAL form of energy to run your cars

The Facts:

Please click on the links below to get an in-depth idea of the BENEFITS involved in NGV conversion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience