1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes i have bought the half cut, it's a 2001 Toyota Crown from engine to gearbox and long shaft. I have a mechanic did the conversion before, so i am counting on him to complete the swap.

What's the estimated power with 0.8 bar of boost ?
I honestly don't know. I'm currently running 1 bar with an oversized turbo generating 360ish hp on mainline which is a heartbreaker dyno.

Anyway, having a good mechanic knowing what to do is key so thumbsup

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
The reason I say the swap will be hard is because it's more than 30% increase. I know of a lot of BMW converts with a "dibatalkan" or something on their reg cards and although road legal, they can't be transferred as is to a new owner. Mine was a 328i converted to a 1JZ, so there was a decrease in capacity from 2.7L to 2.5L and my reg card is clear and transferrable. There shouldn't be any cutting on the body or subframe for a 1JZ fitment. There are plenty of aftermarket mounting kits, gearbox adapter kits and all for our kind of car. Let me know if you need clarification on anything, I've learnt through the painful way on how the car works, registered, endorsed, built and all that.

The auto diff and manual diff have different final drives. I am using an auto 328i diff now so the RPM at high speeds is a bit high for my 5speed manual but for an auto slushbox should be just nice. If you find any manual diffs let me know - I wanna swap mine out.

Stock boost for the 1JZ should be 0.3bar, very conservative. Up it to 0.8bar and you'll have a very nice to drive stock 1JZ without any serious mods.

Have you bought your engine yet?
I highly doubt the stock boost is as conservative as 0.3bar la. Surely at least 0.5-0.8bar punya. Even my Volvo people panggil 'soft turbo' but nmgh check OBD it's boosting 0.8bar lol

we talking jz la apasal ini UZ come out oi

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
That time I joined I remember, when I just got my first car, a Kelisa, which I totaled not long later :laugh:
Well when it came out, the power to weight ratio, the nimbleness of it. Many try to autocross the Kelisa. They call it the fish kan..

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Guys,

Need some help, any known engine and gearbox mount fabricator ? Went into hiccups sourcing for my E46 project.

Thanks
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys,

Need some help, any known engine and gearbox mount fabricator ? Went into hiccups sourcing for my E46 project.

Thanks
Ken
Try Rampage motorsports in Glenmarie. They've built a lot of BMW-JZ monsters in their past

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Try Rampage motorsports in Glenmarie. They've built a lot of BMW-JZ monsters in their past
Called but they no longer perform the conversion, otherwise i will send my ride there without thinking, i live in Glenmarie. He is recommending the other guy for me now.

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:
Reactions: Izso

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
car is anywhere ready for merdeka or Malaysia Day???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all bros,

i wanna paint my car. Well im planning to do so maybe this month. But the thing is, this is the first time im actually getting the whole car painted..... normally its just bumpers, skirts, etc.... not the whole car.... i have been reading and browsing and also surveying but its making me harder to decide... so i need help.... if bro have any info plus images of your ride.... pls feel free to share...

WHAT I WANT
i want to paint my car back to its original color...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience