1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
No lightning blue, pink or yellow pls.. wah... I'm too old school to accept modern colours like that.

I'm still thinking whether to stand out or be low profile - cuz I don't want my car to get any attention. I am leaning towards the Mercedes metallic grey

View attachment 571951

I was about to suggest some grey like this, so yeah go ahead with that, it would look very nice!

dude you should've bought the evo :emoji_cry:

Some more Evo prices has been going up nowadays! If you buy an Evo like 2-4 years ago, good chance is you can even make money out of it when you sell it now, or at least break even so just untung pakai!

Some more Evo prices has been going up nowadays! If you buy an Evo like 2-4 years ago, good chance is you can even make money out of it when you sell it now, or at least break even so just untung pakai!
I doubt if can untung pakai. Not that many people buy used Evos and leave it be; sure spend oodles on it. How to recover such cost?

I doubt if can untung pakai. Not that many people buy used Evos and leave it be; sure spend oodles on it. How to recover such cost?

But many of them are selling higher than before. Got a few in relatively stock conditions also selling higher. For example Evo 9, 3-4 yrs ago asking price was around rm120-130k and now also still the same and people still buying! So if you have bought 3-4yrs ago, now you can still sell at the same price. Well at least on paper/nominally you don't loose money, just cost you whatever repair and maintenance that you incur during that time which I think is worth it coz you own and drive it for 3-4yrs already. Even worse is the Evo 6.5 TME, 3-4yrs back some was asking around 65-70k, but now asking at rm80+k people will grab it within just a few weeks!

But many of them are selling higher than before. Got a few in relatively stock conditions also selling higher. For example Evo 9, 3-4 yrs ago asking price was around rm120-130k and now also still the same and people still buying! So if you have bought 3-4yrs ago, now you can still sell at the same price. Well at least on paper/nominally you don't loose money, just cost you whatever repair and maintenance that you incur during that time which I think is worth it coz you own and drive it for 3-4yrs already. Even worse is the Evo 6.5 TME, 3-4yrs back some was asking around 65-70k, but now asking at rm80+k people will grab it within just a few weeks!
Possibly the effect of the falling Ringgit over the last few years. Then again there's no guarantee that if you buy now in 2018, that it will still hold it's value in 2022

Possibly the effect of the falling Ringgit over the last few years. Then again there's no guarantee that if you buy now in 2018, that it will still hold it's value in 2022

Not really falling MYR coz other car prices drop as normal!
There's never a guarantee but it might. This is like the JDM phenomenon here in Malaysia, Skyline GTR R32-34, Evo, NSX, Supra, S2000, all crazy prices now and in some cases like R32/R34, NSX, and Supra, they keep climbing up!

yeah.. hes right.. actually many evos (other than a select few i believe) went up in value.

Not really falling MYR coz other car prices drop as normal!
There's never a guarantee but it might. This is like the JDM phenomenon here in Malaysia, Skyline GTR R32-34, Evo, NSX, Supra, S2000, all crazy prices now and in some cases like R32/R34, NSX, and Supra, they keep climbing up!
Good point, even if you spend money on it, at the very minimum you could make back what you paid for it initially, unlike most other "normal" cars.

no need to be formal hehehe.

Just my style, i am watching closely on this thread as i am doing the same conversion to my E46. Now main issue is the oil sump needs to be modified to the side abit to avoid steering rack.

Best Regards,
Ken

Just my style, i am watching closely on this thread as i am doing the same conversion to my E46. Now main issue is the oil sump needs to be modified to the side abit to avoid steering rack.

Best Regards,
Ken
Please tell me you're documenting the whole process!!!

Please tell me you're documenting the whole process!!!

Oh yes i am, ran into issue like relocation of oil sump, there are not many coupes with 1JZ swap so i will share out issues i met to help others to enjoy a smoother swap. No problems at all with electronics, they worked like a charm ! Just need to figure out how to get the gear position indicator to appear on stock BMW cluster !

Thanks,
Ken

Oh yes i am, ran into issue like relocation of oil sump, there are not many coupes with 1JZ swap so i will share out issues i met to help others to enjoy a smoother swap. No problems at all with electronics, they worked like a charm ! Just need to figure out how to get the gear position indicator to appear on stock BMW cluster !

Thanks,
Ken
Curious, yr jz came from what model half cut ?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom