Myvi 1.3 SE lagi best improvement

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To be honest on normal driving and even most 'spirited' driving cases, you won't really be able to tell the difference in with 10mm. But once you find a corner you're really familiar with and whack the crap out of it, that 10mm will come into play. Just today on my favorite stretchy windy road I grew some balls and pushed the car harder than my normal speed of 90km/h. Now I'm going at 100k/h and the car isn't even sweating (except for things in the boot flying around). The newfound grip in these RSRs is bloody amazing. I haven't managed to reach the limit of grip for these tyres. Even in Sepang it only started to complain after 6 laps. Maybe by then it was already overheated. Gotta really push it to feel the small differences
Should have checked the air pressure then go in again.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
To be honest on normal driving and even most 'spirited' driving cases, you won't really be able to tell the difference in with 10mm. But once you find a corner you're really familiar with and whack the crap out of it, that 10mm will come into play. Just today on my favorite stretchy windy road I grew some balls and pushed the car harder than my normal speed of 90km/h. Now I'm going at 100k/h and the car isn't even sweating (except for things in the boot flying around). The newfound grip in these RSRs is bloody amazing. I haven't managed to reach the limit of grip for these tyres. Even in Sepang it only started to complain after 6 laps. Maybe by then it was already overheated. Gotta really push it to feel the small differences
Since I started driving the car, it is already using 185/60/14. Never tried any with the stock 175/70 size before so I can't tell how much the handling has improved. Besides, mine is also equipped with a strut bar and that sub frame reinforcement bar if I am not mistaken. I'll attach a pic below, not too sure what is this thing called.

Attachments

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Since I started driving the car, it is already using 185/60/14. Never tried any with the stock 175/70 size before so I can't tell how much the handling has improved. Besides, mine is also equipped with a strut bar and that sub frame reinforcement bar if I am not mistaken. I'll attach a pic below, not too sure what is this thing called.

Hmmm, I don't see any strut bar. I saw the reinforcement bar tho. Some say it is useless, take it off and lose weight!

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Oh! you were the air man that day?:biggrin:

Izso didn't ask for my help. I helped with Johnson though haha

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hmmm, I don't see any strut bar. I saw the reinforcement bar tho. Some say it is useless, take it off and lose weight!
I din't put pic of the strut bar. I just want to know what this rear bar is called. Reinforcement bar is it?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I didn't call for Stupidcars help that day cuz I asked him to ride shotgun mah. Mana tau he disappear and next thing I knew it rained.

Renesis : that bar is called... er.... lower arm bar. Since you have it, leave it. It's not beneficial in any way though. You'd do better with a rear ARB

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I didn't call for Stupidcars help that day cuz I asked him to ride shotgun mah. Mana tau he disappear and next thing I knew it rained.

Renesis : that bar is called... er.... lower arm bar. Since you have it, leave it. It's not beneficial in any way though. You'd do better with a rear ARB
That bar tells you it is a wira.....hahahahahhaha:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Thanks for telling. How about those ASR or Beaks bar? I've seen some Wira equipped with those just like how old many modded old Civic did. I know a lot of those ASR or Beaks are replica.

That bar tells you it is a wira.....hahahahahhaha:biggrin:
At the boot there already got the name Wira, lol.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh shit. I tot is Rear Arb. Strut is in the boot one right?
Strut bars are the ones across the two front suspension top in the engine compartment and rear suspension in the boot.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

At the boot there already got the name Wira, lol.
Light shine at night can see clearly, some are colored too.......hahahahha:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Strut bars are the ones across the two front suspension top in the engine compartment and rear suspension in the boot.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Light shine at night can see clearly, some are colored too.......hahahahha:biggrin:
My car too low for other people to spot it. When I cross bump on roads also I must go until very slow like parking speed to cross it. When I'm driving alone, it's quite okay. But if I am carrying 2 passengers and above, that's it, very easy the underbody can scratch.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My car too low for other people to spot it. When I cross bump on roads also I must go until very slow like parking speed to cross it. When I'm driving alone, it's quite okay. But if I am carrying 2 passengers and above, that's it, very easy the underbody can scratch.
Stock suspension, right? Wira like that one.....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Stock suspension, right? Wira like that one.....:banghead:
Yeah, stock. But somehow, even other people tell me that my Wira looked lower than stock. Suspension is faulty? If change to aftermarket suspension, can the underbody scratching be avoided while retaining the same ground clearance?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Oh shit. I tot is Rear Arb. Strut is in the boot one right?
The correct "American" term is Front / Rear Tower Strut (bar at the top). Anti Roll Bar (ARB) is the one that connects the left and right suspension arms together (bar at the bottom)

Thanks for telling. How about those ASR or Beaks bar? I've seen some Wira equipped with those just like how old many modded old Civic did. I know a lot of those ASR or Beaks are replica.
Beaks and ASR are very reputable brands and focus their R&D on Hondas. They don't make for Wira... that should tell you a lot already. Aluminum arms in my opinion are not necessary for road cars. The weight savings is insignificant! Race cars that run on smooth race tracks no problem but the knocks and bumps + uneven roads normal people drive on everyday is no place for brittle arms. Sure, you can find super strong aircraft grade aluminum arms but I guarantee you the price will not be as cheap as those that you see by "ASR/Beaks" (made for Protons).

I have 2 friends who've changed to those aftermarket aluminum arms and they've snapped halfway driving. That's pretty scary shit!

I don't think your absorbers is at fault, it's probably your springs. A new set of springs will set you back perhaps 200 give or take including install. That should give you some clearance. Absorbers if you can compress very easily by hand, it's probably shot too. Original Kayabas will be about 90 for the rear and 180 for the front. I would recommend Monroe Reflex for a little more firmer absorbers without too much comfort compromise. They cost more though. Otherwise stick to original Kayabas. Anything else will kill the comfort.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't think your absorbers is at fault, it's probably your springs. A new set of springs will set you back perhaps 200 give or take including install. That should give you some clearance. Absorbers if you can compress very easily by hand, it's probably shot too. Original Kayabas will be about 90 for the rear and 180 for the front. I would recommend Monroe Reflex for a little more firmer absorbers without too much comfort compromise. They cost more though. Otherwise stick to original Kayabas. Anything else will kill the comfort.
When I was having a Wira time, my rear height also was lower and cannot take 3 passengers in rear seat, if not drive slow slow over humps. Then I had the rear absorber mod to 25% extra damping and it solved my problem. But that guy now in big time so will not mod anymore....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The correct "American" term is Front / Rear Tower Strut (bar at the top). Anti Roll Bar (ARB) is the one that connects the left and right suspension arms together (bar at the bottom)

Beaks and ASR are very reputable brands and focus their R&D on Hondas. They don't make for Wira... that should tell you a lot already. Aluminum arms in my opinion are not necessary for road cars. The weight savings is insignificant! Race cars that run on smooth race tracks no problem but the knocks and bumps + uneven roads normal people drive on everyday is no place for brittle arms. Sure, you can find super strong aircraft grade aluminum arms but I guarantee you the price will not be as cheap as those that you see by "ASR/Beaks" (made for Protons).

I have 2 friends who've changed to those aftermarket aluminum arms and they've snapped halfway driving. That's pretty scary shit!

If snapped, it'll look like this... This is my friend's pic.

I'll ask the mechanic to check the absorber and springs when the car is going for service. I'll take note about the names of the recommended absorbers.

When I was having a Wira time, my rear height also was lower and cannot take 3 passengers in rear seat, if not drive slow slow over humps. Then I had the rear absorber mod to 25% extra damping and it solved my problem. But that guy now in big time so will not mod anymore....
Can absorber mod be applied to stock absorber? And is the ride height affected?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as title, need help finding engine serial number on the engine, where izit located on the engine? a pic circling the area would be really nice :D

thanks alot for the help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience