zmax sport spring problem

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
Hi, i have a problem with my kenari zmax lowered performance coil spring, it is too lowered (in front, rear is okay around 3 fingers) until my few days old front rubber bumpstop(the one that is placed at the front absorber shaft) squashed to bits, forced me to temporary cut of the squashed bumpstop and leave the boot intact. previously i have tried apm performax sport spring for around 1 year, also with the same outcome, squashed rubber bump stops. cost me a race as the front would sink heavily especially on downhill runs, i have a feeling that these sport spring doesn't have the qualities as the oem springs, or am i just those unlucky ones? :banghead:FYI, now the front zmax spring got those "nyek nyek" sound, damn! the rear is fine no sag whatsoever, the front ones are the ones keep on lowering/sag until half finger, this is not normal, please help! should i change to another set / brand of coil spring and use another year again or these performance coil springs are just that lousy or every year need to change to new spring, my original coil spring used for 7 years and it performs so much better than this. I might just change the front sport spring to myvi ones. refer pic, thx evveryone!please help!

Attachments

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
Turns out "Seems like" the Ultra Racing Front Sturt bar is giving too much strenghtening to my front strut, the front suspension is working too efficient until no free play which may cause the rubber bumpstop to be crushed sooner. Now i have taken off the ultra racing bar and the bumpstop has not been crushed until now. cornering wise still okok. the car is much softer obviously. I will keep monitoring.

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
ok, i will get adjustable set. hehe! my zmax is 2nd gen . Got difference ka?

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

the wording is green colour.