[WTA] Matt car paint / Matt car sticker / Normal Paint job

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Glasurit paint and sedan? That's a steal if yes
Not sure what paint, I just ask them for quotation if were to repaint whole car. Ya sedan.
Then also ask for quotation for Sticker Whole car. Both almost same price. Around RM3K also.

glasurit easily cost rm5k and above....it still depends...some painter can mix with thinner then cheaper lor.
Hmmm...guess best not go for cheap stuff when comes to paint...

one thing about matt sticker is becareful of inks haha. one of my friend having matt white/cream stickers, kena some ink pen mark. cant be washed off

one thing about matt sticker is becareful of inks haha. one of my friend having matt white/cream stickers, kena some ink pen mark. cant be washed off

Use TAR REMOVER :rofl:

IMG_3208-1.jpg

The matt sticker I was looking at is here. Specially colour "J".

Exquisite Auto quoted RM1900 for matt black, RM1700 for matt green. Since I'm asking for matt army green which is a cross between the two, I'm waiting to see how much it'll cost me. This is for inside and out spraying.

Sigh.. decisions decisions.

Oh one of the biggest reasons I'm doing this is because my current car paint condition is terrible due to crappy workmanship from a previous painter. If I had known Danzeterna earlier I would've submitted a tribunal claim. Dammit.

if not mistake, surface hav to be smooth for the stickers to stick. i have a faded side mirror last time that cant be sticked by sticker :(
the 3m sticker just wont stick

matt black's greatest enemy =

porsche-covered-in-bird-poop-680x510.jpg

it stains..and unlike normal paints...
u cant polish it...

yup. same like any other normal sticker. u cant stick on faded surface.. it will just automatically peel off. likewise if u stick on glass or smooth shiny surface, will stick very well. so if your car paint faded d, i suggest go for paint job bro.

izso: no.. i just curse out loud and cry... then after that... stare cock at the birds.. HAHAHA.. seriously, u cant do shit... u cant polish it.. as after polishing - d ROUGH MATT surface become smooth and shiney.. damn bang balls situation

yup. same like any other normal sticker. u cant stick on faded surface.. it will just automatically peel off. likewise if u stick on glass or smooth shiny surface, will stick very well. so if your car paint faded d, i suggest go for paint job bro.

Hmm.. ok Thanks for the tips.

izso: no.. i just curse out loud and cry... then after that... stare cock at the birds.. HAHAHA.. seriously, u cant do shit... u cant polish it.. as after polishing - d ROUGH MATT surface become smooth and shiney.. damn bang balls situation

Damn. That's tough shit. Guessing this is whats happening with your Supra eh?

I thought the matt surface was because of a matt clear coat.

If can't polish then u can give Optimum Power Clean a try (OPC)
Works well in removing dried cooked and baked bird shit stain.

If can't polish then u can give Optimum Power Clean a try (OPC)
Works well in removing dried cooked and baked bird shit stain.

I have a gallon of the concentrated stuff at home. Whats the dilution you recommend?

I'm still contemplating on whether to do this or not. Dammit.. so difficult to decide.

IMHO the only advantage of stickers/car wrapping is if you still want to to retain your paint color (assuming it's still in good condition). If the current paint is no good anymore than might as well repaint the car.
As for matt vs normal shiny paint, I'd still go for the shine. Matt seems impractical and just a trend only. I probably also still have old taste, hence still like the shine on normal style paint. I also like the slippery feel of a very shiny newly polished paint in my fingers. :)

hmm for me i dilute opc to 1:3 water.. u can use straight without diluting also. just make sure not under the sun or when the surface is hot. and make sure dont leave it to dry. if not it will eat some part of the clear coat lol! that dried OPC spot will look extra clean and 'kalis' air.

check this out bro! awesome alternative to matt sticker!
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/online-videos/419901-dip-your-car-really-cool-racun.html

OMG.. I'm in loooooooooooovee.. that plastic / rubberized paint is exactly the thing I need! Very nice!

As for the OPC, I know about that drying thing.. sh*t.. learnt it the hard way.

IMHO the only advantage of stickers/car wrapping is if you still want to to retain your paint color (assuming it's still in good condition). If the current paint is no good anymore than might as well repaint the car.
As for matt vs normal shiny paint, I'd still go for the shine. Matt seems impractical and just a trend only. I probably also still have old taste, hence still like the shine on normal style paint. I also like the slippery feel of a very shiny newly polished paint in my fingers. :)

Yeah I like the feel of matt paint too. :biggrin:

But I know what you mean. I'll have to think about this long and hard. Biggest issue for me now is the repair work due to rust. That rubberized plastic spray thing looks pretty promising. Maybe I'll just swap out all the rusted bits and just plastic spray it, so no worries about base paint or whatever.

Just sent an inquiry to dipmycar to see if I can get my hands on a spray kit. DIY!

Share mine matt paint with u!:driver:

Advantage: easy too clean off dirt

Disadvantage: cannot polish at all & scare kena scratch even minor one..

Attachments

• SEmi Gloss.jpg
    SEmi Gloss.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Side view.jpg
    Side view.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Share mine matt paint with u!:driver:

Advantage: easy too clean off dirt

Disadvantage: cannot polish at all & scare kena scratch even minor one..

Thanks Chaser! Btw, why did you put the canard over your air intake opening la?

Isn't the matt paint to some extent tough to resist some minor scratches? Actually come to think of it, even normal paint can get scratched with just a simple tree branch.

Urgh

Top Bottom