WTA: HELP, my LE got weird sound!!!!

LE20V

Known Member
May 5, 2006
>my LE got a weird sound especially raining day(must believe me, only got sound when raining day)....
>one of my fren who is driving a ae92 also got same problem...
>the sound will appear during raining day, then ll appear as i acceralate or press the brake and passing thru a rough or uneven road.... the sound is like ''klik klik klok klok klik klilk klok klok''......
>my absorber r new one, so cant b absorber spoil. mayb engine mounting? lower arm bushing? ball joint?
>really fed up with those sound oredi...
>so pls help me all the sifoos out there....
>thanks....

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
i have suffered a klucking noise when braking....

found that the brake caliper internal jammed... send it to be cleaned and braking are much more enjoyable....

maybe your springs... check whether your springs coils produce sound... mounting eyup... can be too...

aiyaaa.... so much possibilities la bro..

rokawa14

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
herm herm !!

I know why got that sound .. cause LE damb old car already .. hahaha .. just joking ... u can guess who is me .. cause i am the one with ae92 also facing the same problem with u .. haha .. i think cause of our stupid brand of suspension cause it la .. anyway .. nothing to said already .. hope we can solve our "sounding" soon ..

adnone0

Known Member
May 18, 2004
sound

check your pulley or radiator/acond fans....old stuff....

Takumi_AE86

Known Member
Jan 14, 2005
check lower arm, ball joint, bushing mounting absorber top mounting and absorbers....

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
maybe ur driveshaft.......the inside start tu make noise....but not critical yet if it's the driveshaft la....

strontium_bismuth

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
malacca-s.alam
Adeen said:
maybe ur driveshaft.......the inside start tu make noise....but not critical yet if it's the driveshaft la....
i dont think it is driveshaft bro. suppose when cornering if the sound come out, then the possibility more on driveshaft . but if in a straight mode , if u said it is driveshaft , then it will be a big problem there.

so , i thnk , it is come from inside the hood . like others said there's lots of possibility , mounting , bushing, lower arm .. etc ...

btw, LE20V , have u really2 listened so damn pretty on that ? which side the noise came out?

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
just giving out my opionion la....don't flame me....
cause my LE got (thump....thump....thump....) noise on straight roads and my mechanic repaired my driveshaft and no more noise....he said it was the inside of driveshaft that was making the noise....

strontium_bismuth

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
malacca-s.alam
not flame la .. hahahha ... really ? but mine , absorber problem .... when drove on bumpy road , the absorber hit the fender .. huhuh .. it seems my absorber so damn soft ...

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
ok la....but my problem is the same as you.....
my tyre also always hit the fender on bumpy road 2.....if i drive fast la.....:)
but my uncle's LE is also the same....
tyre hit fender until leave a line around the tyre....
must save up to get adjustables and new springs....

strontium_bismuth

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
malacca-s.alam
ya .. ha, talking about absorbers, do you know what model and brand that really fit with my AE80 ? i plan to get it soon .

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
hmmmm.....i've heard ppl use GAB, TEIN adjustables....and also a malaysian brand adjustable that i forgot the name already.....the price was around rm1300-1500 for new one....about GAB and TEIN around RM1300-RM1800 for second hand one..

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
u should ask other sifus....cause i'm a noob

Last edited:

LE20V

Known Member
May 5, 2006
strontium_bismuth said:
i dont think it is driveshaft bro. suppose when cornering if the sound come out, then the possibility more on driveshaft . but if in a straight mode , if u said it is driveshaft , then it will be a big problem there.

so , i thnk , it is come from inside the hood . like others said there's lots of possibility , mounting , bushing, lower arm .. etc ...

btw, LE20V , have u really2 listened so damn pretty on that ? which side the noise came out?

<bros, thanks for all of the opinions... the funiest thing is the sound ll b appear louder n more often when raining day... ''klik klok klok klok''
<i'm sure the sound is from the front, i think is suspension system but not sure which part making the stupid sound....
<bro, not the drive shaft la, if the inner drive shaft spoil oredi if wont b only create sound, it ll vibrate kaw kaw one when u accelerate....
<where r all of the others LE sifoo? (like ae80typeD, tctho, ae82gt, MCfurby, cekelat) dun so quiet la, share ur experience la....:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If your cars need a Scanner Reader, which one you think will be better? As following:
The first one Scanner Reader SC16 GS500 OBD2 II

Specifications:

Codos Scanner Reader SC16 GS500 OBD2 II - DinoDirect.com

The second one : OBD2 Live PCM Data Code Reader Scanner D900
Specifications...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience