[WT Ask] Max boost GSR 4G93 + Boost Lag

szeeonn

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
To all Sifu
i have Waja ck Turbo 4g93
with 1.5mm metal Upgrade
can i ask whats da highest boost for me ?

coz i seems like having a little boost lag
how to solve that ?

Last edited:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
for stock internal, 1 bar i think is within the safe limit, for higher boost, internal mods like piston,conrods for lowering the compression is the more reliable way then putting more metal gasket..... there is no way to overcome the boost lag from the stock turbo without mod the turbo or change to better turbo except u can find and use the illegal back fire system .. :burnout: for higher boost, u need a management system like piggys or standalone to tune, larger injector also needed (best upgrade is evo injector)....... u can pm me for more detail sir , if u insist to upgrade, i have many stuff for ur upgration since last time i use gsr ck but change the head to make mivec turbo.. lol .... or u can wait xtremeleo to help explain or ehdrian the another rare gsr ck user come in... :driver:

szeeonn

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
bro, you have a good explanation there
can i ask you , i set my turbo boost @ 1.2
but when i fully press pedal , the turbo boost Reach 1.2 @ 1 sec , after that drop to 1.0 , and 0.8
i did not release my pedel
can i know why ?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
few places u need to check

-wastegate
-bov
-intercooler
-all intake hoses

i dunno the exact reason since i m not pro, but if ur wastegate is not really good 1 like genuine tial wastegate, the boost will be not stable, sometimes the spring cant withstand high boost and heat then fail to perform, that might result in ur boost drop...

bov also have the boost limit, pls check

leak in intercooler and intake hoses i think i no nid explain, it just same theory y ur tires will pancit if gt leak..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
peterj: i'm here ade bro..hehe

szeeonn: me using gsr terbalik too..boost 1.2-1.3bar no prob..tune with emanage..everything stock incl gasket and turbo as well..if u r using external wastegate, r u using ori or replica?..if u r using replica, i suspect it's the spring of the w/gate dat cannot hold ur boost..or maybe ur bov leak..check ur i/cooler pipings as well..u did mention abt boost lagg..ur full boost at wat rpm?..if u r using stock turbine, there shouldn't be boost lagg wat..

szeeonn

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
hmm, mine is ORIGINAL TD04 Wastegate actuator
Original Actuator can Withstand 1.2-1.3 right ?

thanks for all the comment and reply peterj , ehdrian

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
hmm, mine is ORIGINAL TD04 Wastegate actuator
Original Actuator can Withstand 1.2-1.3 right ?

thanks for all the comment and reply peterj , ehdrian

take mine for example..no prob at all..

szeeonn

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
ehdrian , how much ur emanage with Tuning ?
how much hp gain after tuning ?
i am still Stock engine with settings
God damm it , the power not satisfy me
u mind add my email so i can msn u ?
[email protected]

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While BMW maintains that the machines they make are all about sheer driving pleasure, we are after all only human and are simply just fallible as we try to maintain our composure with the multitude of distractions whizzing by all of us. But when you find your attention elsewhere, BMW helps to reign in that attention to somewhere where it's needed.

<!--more-->Face it, how many of us...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience