"Worlds most beautiful car" sells for close to RM10 million

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

A sports car once owned by the late British actress Diana Dors has sold for $3 million (£1.9m) at a California auction.

The 1949 Delahaye Roadster, which some have dubbed the most beautiful car in the world, was given to Dors when she was 17.

The sky blue car has been described by auctioneers as "extravagant and outrageous - a rolling sculpture".

Dors, who was seen as the British Marilyn Monroe, died in 1984 aged 52.

Born Diana Mary Fluck, Dors became known as a 1950s blonde sex symbol, but was also well-respected for her acting skills.

RM auctioneers said the car was curvaceous, sexy and flamboyant, just like its former owner.

It was expected to sell for up to $6m but went for $3m plus a buyer's premium of 10%.

The car is one of only 150 Roadsters made, and only one of 51 of its specific model - the 175S.

The company stopped production in 1951 as it found there was little demand for such extravagance during that post-war period.

When Dors first received the car, she did not even have a driving licence.

At 20, she became the youngest owner of a Rolls-Royce in the UK - a reflection of her success at an early age.

After she died, the car changed ownership several times and has in recent years been restored to its former condition.

In its catalogue listing, RM Auctions says the Roadster - which has a top speed of 70mph - can "easily claim to being the most extravagant and beautiful coachbulit car in existence".

Article first published on BBC News

Attachments

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
with $10M id rather have a Veyron Super Sport + Carrera GT + 458 Italia .. will buy 2 R35 if still got balance.

(after this ppl will bash me with harsh comments...i know already...hahaha)

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if me,
i can buy 20 houses in PJ, subang, damansara area :) rm500k each
charge rental rm1.6k per mth, can get RM32k per mth., RM384k per year,
within 25 yrs can get back rm10mil edi...:)

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

so means this car beat Koenigsegg Trevita to be top of the list.

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
Wuhuhu, very antique, worst the price, but for RM10million, I prefer to buy one residents at Pavilion, one Ferrari 430, one Lamborghini Galardo, one Porsche Cayenne (to bring family balik kampung time Raya), one Ducati 1198 (ride at Karak every weekend), and build one full time Proton Satria 4wd Drag Car!!! :proud::driver:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
if me,
i can buy 20 houses in PJ, subang, damansara area :) rm500k each
charge rental rm1.6k per mth, can get RM32k per mth., RM384k per year,
within 25 yrs can get back rm10mil edi...:)

i like danz tactic the best coz real estate is a good investment and that means more $$$$ hehehe
plus can earn back the money after 25 years then can buy buggati veyron super sport and retire :D and I will be still making money then :biggrin:

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
What the fluck?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

heyy guys ! tell me your opinions on these options for evo 3 modification.. targetted boost is about 1.7 bar

Option 1
-1jz pistons or 2jz(which is better)
-evo3 forged con-rods
-stock crankshaft

Option 2
-Evo 3 stroker kit 2.3l

Option 3
-Evo 3 Forged pistons
-Evo 3 Forged con-rods
-Stock crankshaft

im sorry for behaving like a dumb ass noob :biggrin: but i need some help on which of these option is sufficient and save.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience