This Guy owns the World’s most expensive Hot Wheels collection!

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
A 7-year old boy as we know will either choose action figures or toy cars. When the passion builds, they can have a stable of them in form of a collection. The toys however will be chucked aside or be given away to their cousins when the boy starts going to high school.

For a grown man, to own a collection of toys is still an uncommon occasion, let alone dedicating a proper room for them. But that is not the case with Bruce Pascal, as he owns more than 3,500 Hot Wheels cars. Some of the cars in Pascal’s collection are very valuable units that are no longer in production.

<iframe width="700" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b55pNh71LtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

According to Pascal, his collection is now worth well beyond USD 1 million, including 175 prototypes that were never released to public as well as a bright pink Volkswagen Beach Bomb Rear-Loader, which is one of the rarest Hot Wheels car in the world. That particular Volkswagen is said to probably be worth about USD 150,000 (RM650,137.50).

Convinced that he has more original-production items that Mattel still does, Pascal says that he would like to open a museum one day. With that scale of collection, we strongly support the idea as it will enable the public to view his precious 1:64 scale models.

As a Hot Wheels (and Matchbox) collector myself since 1999 (even though not a hardcore collector), seeing people like Bruce Pascal owning his own Hot Wheels inventory like this is kind of personal, and always a delight.

It also made me feel bad about myself for not paying much attention to my cars. I can still remember when my small cousin insisted to take home my Lamborghini Diablo SV, blue paint with black spoiler. From then, I learnt to keep my rare and valuable Hot Wheels away, in a much ‘safer’ place...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I started collecting since end of last year. Most of my friends din't know about it. Hard to find nice cars on pegs nowadays.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
me & my son do have our own collection, we usually go hunting for rare ones in toys r us or shopping malls during the weekends, there are rare ones in Amcorp mall (weekend flea market) but the price is just ridiculous, some people are willing to pay a huge amount of money for that, but not me.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
me & my son do have our own collection, we usually go hunting for rare ones in toys r us or shopping malls during the weekends, there are rare ones in Amcorp mall (weekend flea market) but the price is just ridiculous, some people are willing to pay a huge amount of money for that, but not me.
Supply and demand loh :smokin:......hhahahhahah:rofl:

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
I started collecting since end of last year. Most of my friends din't know about it. Hard to find nice cars on pegs nowadays.
Yea Hot Wheels loves to produce fantasy/comical cars. But they do have some pretty epic road cars. You can find some treasures like McLaren P1, Porsche 959, Nissan R32 Skyline, Mitsubishi Evos, BMW M4 and more in Uptown PKNS Shah Alam. They even have a RM1,500 (!) Honda S2000 Spoon.

Thing is, these guys probably have some contacts with the mall/retailer guys, so they will collect the nice cars each time the retailers restock them.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Nowadays collecting Hot Wheels needs cable too to get nice cars....if u know the store guy or the restock day u might have a chance to get a nice car but not 100% confirm u gonna get it...last week HW restock at TRU KLCC 30ppl struggling&fighting each other for just 1 case lol...

I collect HW too & the rarest I got is the 24K plated gold haulers :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nowadays, it is too hard to get anything nice on pegs. I know most will go for JDM and probably some exotic european cars. But now, even the new American models are hard to find. Mustang, Dodge Charger these kind of cars... :mad:

Now even in Ipoh, there is a bazaar like place where a group of sellers will come and set up their stalls to sell during every Saturday night. Sometimes, some of them sells at good price like RM5, RM8 or RM10. I bought before Mclaren P1 at RM8 and '90 Acura NSX for RM10. Not a bad deal considering I can't find them on pegs. One more thing is, they seemed to be able to get unreleased cars too. When asked, they say they got it from the people working inside the Hotwheels factory at butterworth.

Yea Hot Wheels loves to produce fantasy/comical cars. But they do have some pretty epic road cars. You can find some treasures like McLaren P1, Porsche 959, Nissan R32 Skyline, Mitsubishi Evos, BMW M4 and more in Uptown PKNS Shah Alam. They even have a RM1,500 (!) Honda S2000 Spoon.

Thing is, these guys probably have some contacts with the mall/retailer guys, so they will collect the nice cars each time the retailers restock them.
These fantasy/comical cars are always left on pegs in malls for children to clear these stocks. :biggrin:

Early on this year, it is still quite easy to find nice cars on pegs around Ipoh in places like Mynews.com, Aeon, Tesco. But lately, it has become harder and some of these retail workers told me that people left their contact numbers to them so that they can call them up when new stock arrives.

Nowadays collecting Hot Wheels needs cable too to get nice cars....if u know the store guy or the restock day u might have a chance to get a nice car but not 100% confirm u gonna get it...last week HW restock at TRU KLCC 30ppl struggling&fighting each other for just 1 case lol...

I collect HW too & the rarest I got is the 24K plated gold haulers :driver:
Exactly. This is happening in Ipoh too.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Its like raining season now for HW collectors due to many new scalpers/collectors suddenly especially this year makes even real die-cast collectors hard to find a good card coz mostly gone even before leaving the factory....I heard Mattel currently tightening their stock check even that also I still can see many unreleased model on marketplace....

so, if want a nice car nowadays, either pay premium or get a cable to help u....birocracy is common in Msia even for buying a toy :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Its like raining season now for HW collectors due to many new scalpers/collectors suddenly especially this year makes even real die-cast collectors hard to find a good card coz mostly gone even before leaving the factory....I heard Mattel currently tightening their stock check even that also I still can see many unreleased model on marketplace....

so, if want a nice car nowadays, either pay premium or get a cable to help u....birocracy is common in Msia even for buying a toy :biggrin:
I sound guilty now because I just started end of last year. My friend who started at same time with me gave up hope on pegs in recent months. He just went and buy from resellers straight away. I din't bother and continue to get what I found on pegs. If I can't find, let it be. Getting tired of searching around places and ends up with disappointment.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
I sound guilty now because I just started end of last year. My friend who started at same time with me gave up hope on pegs in recent months. He just went and buy from resellers straight away. I din't bother and continue to get what I found on pegs. If I can't find, let it be. Getting tired of searching around places and ends up with disappointment.
Follow ur heart bro don't follow others for sake of having what other ppl have....collecting HW is a long journey if u can't get it now, probably next year u'll get it....they'll repeat the production of the certain cars with different variant or card...eg. datsun 510 still producing with many variant until now & the latest is the Track Day card...thats the closest to the mighty Bree datsun :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Follow ur heart bro don't follow others for sake of having what other ppl have....collecting HW is a long journey if u can't get it now, probably next year u'll get it....they'll repeat the production of the certain cars with different variant or card...eg. datsun 510 still producing with many variant until now & the latest is the Track Day card...thats the closest to the mighty Bree datsun :biggrin:
Mostly I'm focusing on American cars for now. Viper, Corvette, Mustang, Camaro.. But even some of them are hard to find now. Currently I'm trying to collect the new 2017 tooned series. So far I have tooned Charger Daytona, the tooned purple F1 (Tarmac Attack) and tooned 68 Mustang.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Mostly I'm focusing on American cars for now. Viper, Corvette, Mustang, Camaro.. But even some of them are hard to find now. Currently I'm trying to collect the new 2017 tooned series. So far I have tooned Charger Daytona, the tooned purple F1 (Tarmac Attack) and tooned 68 Mustang.
Tooned series I gave to my kids to play coz they really liked it...no chance for me to keep it lol...there's a tooned countach comes with rubber tire (not TH card unfortunately) if ure lucky to find it :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Tooned series I gave to my kids to play coz they really liked it...no chance for me to keep it lol...there's a tooned countach comes with rubber tire (not TH card unfortunately) if ure lucky to find it :driver:
Because hard to get anything nice, decide to go for something uncommon like tooned series. End up digging for 68 Mustang for almost 2 months, found one at last during last week. :banghead: Not sure Countach can get or not this time... Could be something that people will scalp.