WiSE suspension upgrade

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Need some help here...

Who has successfully upgraded the absorber to any after market abs, but retaining the OEM spring?

I heard that the SEs (the first 10k batch) are using the Waja absorbers, matched with revised spring height. Can anyone confirm this?

Currently WiSE users face a problem where.. when after market 1.6/1.8 absorbers are used with the OEM springs. the front height will be too low and the rear height will be too high.

This is due to the revised spring height. The front spring is about an inch++ shorter than the normal 1.6/1.8 spring. And the rear ones seems longer.

So, when fitted with an after market abs, even short stroke, the front heigh will be still lower.. thus compressing the abs and this will lead to pre-mature failure of the abs.. The rear, in contrast, stretch the abs too much and lead to hardening abs.

If it's confirmed that the OEM abs on the SE is the same as Waja 1.6, then i think after market abs for Waja 1.6 should match the springs nicely.

Those who have done it.. which brand/model? Ride height? Handling? Please share..

Thanks!

p/s: i know changing the springs will solve the problem but have no intention to do that. Just want to replace the spoilt abs with a better after market abs. Thanks!

Last edited:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Unlike engine mods where power and performance speak a common language, suspension mods are much more subjective.

SOme like it hard, some like it soft, some like it bouncy, some like it juicy :p OPPPSSsss....

Anyway, I've come across owners who had to go through 3 to 4 sets of suspention systems before settling down on a suspension that really suited his "feel"

Not trying to sell you anything, but the best is to get a custom made suspension that caters to your driving style and feel. *HINT-HINT*

Cost a pretty penny but on a long term, well worth every cent paid.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Thanks! I know that..

However, I am not into heavy suspension mod. I just want to replace the leaking OEM abs that i have with a better after market set, that matches 100% perfect with the springs.

My questions haven't been answered.

coolson83

Jul 4, 2005
ipoh
gas n oil shocks

which type of shocks should i put into my 1.5 wira? all 4 oil or all 4 gas or front oil rear gas or front gas rear oil??

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
drex-chan :D

i dunno where your info's from, but the WiraSE's suspension setting was tuned by Djan himself. So it's not mix and match guess-work. It had some development work done on it..

if you want, TiTAN makes OE replacement sets that goes with stock springs. servicable and tunable too! :)

wira_se

Known Member
Aug 4, 2004
yes our wira se front and rear suspension is using waja 1. i had replace rear suspension oread claim from eon waranty. my frend (he working at eon as a technician) say all wira se are using waja 1. if not believe ur can go to eon asking the parts no.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
so... who is right? ninja or wira_se?

ninja said:
WiraSE's suspension setting was tuned by Djan himself. So it's not mix and match guess-work. It had some development work done on it..
wira_se said:
yes our wira se front and rear suspension is using waja 1. i had replace rear suspension oread claim from eon waranty. my frend (he working at eon as a technician) say all wira se are using waja 1.
Only the rear or the whole set?

Last edited: