Which is da best? Ron 95..shell,bhp,esso???

syaq0707

Known Member
Sep 8, 2006
Guys! Which one is the best aa for ron95? Iz it shell, bhp, esso, caltex or petronas???

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
For me Shell, Good FC for sure. Yet it is smooth. If no choice, I choose Mobil/Esso.
No Petronas for me...

intervener

Oct 18, 2008
Previously I prefer BHP but since they started the Contest to win Proton Inspira etc I found the quality dropped - I suspect they are using cheaper or inferior additives for RON 95 during the Contest season otherwise where they can get funds to organise such an "attractive" Contest.

For now my vote goes to Esso/Mobil as it give better FC (with power and no knocking)

Nevertheless Shell also give better FC but with less power and sometime there is knocking (especially) dirving up the slope.

No comments on Caltex and Petronas.

Intervener

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Tried the petronas 95extra? it does improve... alot actually..

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
1. shell
2. bhp
3. caltex

never liked esso/mobil and petronas. poor fc.

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
So far, rm30 of primax95 gaves me >250km.. highest was 280km.
But I'll try again with shell.. throttle maintain below 30%.

Car - myvi 1.0

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
@ YRvi: Wow, you do have a low fuel consumption for your car aite. =)

Btw, I'm using Shell Ron 95 as I feel more power and less knocking with it while Petronas Ron 95 Extra doesn't give me any difference and yet worst Fc. Seldom try Esso, mobil or Caltex but will try it soon since I see a few said that Caltex is not bad..

wongsl

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
depending on what you mean by the "best".. but for me in JB, i did a lot of so called research on different brands of fuel but they were mainly based on one factor, that is knocking. so my preference below is not based on fuel economy.

I have two engines that are really sensitive to knocking, one of them so sensitive that the ignition timing is right at the borderline and if my tank is almost empty and i fill up with another brand of inferior petrol, i will hear knocking immediately as i leave the petrol station. to cut the whole story short, choice would be..
1) Petronas
2) Caltex
3) Shell
4) Mobil/Esso

note: different petrol stations of the same brand yields different outcomes!! so i tend to believe that the purity of some of them are questionable. i keep to specific branches once i've found them to be giving better quality petrol and more consistent.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The upcoming range of cars from Proton will feature Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) technology. The influx of the technology is testament to the smoother drive it provides and also the increased efficiency in the performance and fuel consumption.

“We have been conducting comprehensive development and integration tests of the CVT with our CamPro engines and we are happy to be able to provide this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience