Where to rebase/relocate battery?

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
All sifu out there,
i need to rebase/relocate my battery position, just behind the current battery position, is still inside engine compartment. I think some of the members here done before. Please guide me which shop should i go and the price.
Thanks.

Last edited:

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
terus buang belakang la bro...save up the space for any monster conversions next time.

can play prank with your friends, parents and your mechanic. hahahahaha..

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
defenitely not going for engine conversion,just need some space behind headlamp. Any 1 can help here? thanks....

URGENT!!!

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Relocate to behind is the best and people always do. Else where do you think to relocate? Inside your car? That's only one place what?

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
Where to get the cables for it?
Any stores in mind? Mind sharing? :regular_smile:

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
mine is wira 1.5 carrebutor, so i have empty space near air filter there, if fuel injection got air filter box. hope u guys get what i mean.

Some spray shop said need to do welding for the battery base, and wiring as well. will cost roughly RM200++.

If put behind, any welding involve? please describe more,thanks.

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
Actually, with a little effort & TIME, you could D.I.Y. Of course, you'll need the hardware, which is what I'm looking for now.

- Good, low resistance, well insulated cables
- a pair of terminators/terminals
- a battery base (the one from the front is recyclable I think)

I think that about covers it.
No welding involved from what I can see. You might need to find a way to fasten the battery base to your booth though. Should be simple enough to figure out :regular_smile:
However, you'll need to reorganize some wiring as all the stock wiring revolves around the battery unit.

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
thanks golden hawk.
But the problem is i dont have time...too bad.
i can shift the battery n wiring myself, just the problem is the battery base.

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
i've done the relocation and it does not involve any welding. after finding a proper place in the boot, put a double sided tape (heavy duty) at the bottom of battery base and stick it to your desired location.

this is to hold it at the location for temporary only. i'm assuming you are using the same base from your engine bay.

if u notice, there's a long screw/handle holding the battery when it was inside the engine. the screw is placed on both sides of the battery and tied with 2 nuts to a piece of metal that laid across the battery.

i use the same technique at the back.

its just that you have to drill two holes on both sides of the battery base to hook the long screw.

after that, place your battery and the 2 screws and bolt them on to the piece of metal (that u can also re use from the front) for desired tightness.

oh ya...i only use 1 cable to connect the battery. the other "kepala battery" is connected to car body and i use a lot of soldering to attach it...

it is advised for u to do grounding after the re location and installation of a volt stabiliser will also help a lot...

good luck.

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
Thanks alot for your details explanation,appreciate it.
I understand how to screw the battery behind boot, but what kind of cable u are using? connect to +ve or -ve? coz i have no idea bout wiring.
My car already have grounding and VS.
you DIY? can help me ar? hehe...
thanks

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
i d.i.y at a friends acc shop and the cable i ask him to buy. you can go to any accessories shop and ask them for low density cable. there are various range / thickness available and price varies, i think around RM20 - RM35 per foot and for my satria, it requires approx 12 feet. get the one in the mid range, but if u have the budget, go for high range.

connect to +ve at the engine bay. you'll have to drill a hole under the steering in order to re-wire it to the back of the car. insulate the -ve point in the engine bay and tie it appropriately to other existing cable/wire nearby so that it is not hanging loosely.

the hole that u drilled under the dash/steering, close it with whatever suitable, i.e silicon, after u have inserted the cable.

place the cable underneath the carpet along the door all the way to the back and underneath the rear seat into the boot.

after u have installed the battery successfully at the back, pull one short cable from -ve point at battery and solder to car body (metal part). or u can drill a hole and hook the wire and screw it into car body. just make sure its tight.

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
thanks for your details explanation again.
Seems like this relocate will cost me a bomb.
right now im using NS70 battery, thats y i have limited space between headlamp n battery, if NS60 able to solve the problem. i might change to NS60. Because i just need 5cm space only, different between NS60 n NS70 is around 1 inch plus.
will get back to u guys my final decision.
thanks so much

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
Dude, gtishadowfax, by "low density cable" you mean low-gauge wires, fight? 4AWG wires should suffice, right? How thick are the wires & is the insulation around the core thick?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm thiking of upgrading my Charade Aura........
1..wat shud i do?
2..where do i start?
3..hoe much is da cost roughly....

all i knoe is that to convert/transplant it to a Gtti engine

Confuse..........!!!!

HELP........:confused_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience