Where to get transparent plastic rod?

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Thanks guys. I might need to borrow the special tools from Stanley. Actually, is there any difference between plastic rod and acrylic rod?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
hey guys, de dremel tool u dont have also nvm lar...

it is just used to cut de lines on de rod mah...

just use a saw blade(to cut metal wan...) to cut de lines...
to get better results.. use a saw blade with finer teeths..

last time when i saw de website.. i wanto do liao.. but i also cant find de rod.. and my car wira duno where to put.. so din do lor. kekeke :lol:

my 2 cents B)

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by khguan@Sep 24 2004, 14:36
hey guys, de dremel tool u dont have also nvm lar...

it is just used to cut de lines on de rod mah...

just use a saw blade(to cut metal wan...) to cut de lines...
to get better results.. use a saw blade with finer teeths..

last time when i saw de website.. i wanto do liao.. but i also cant find de rod.. and my car wira duno where to put.. so din do lor. kekeke :lol:

my 2 cents B)
better use proper tool loo.....dangerous....

khaixtreme

Known Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by Indecided@Sep 23 2004, 20:15
khai,

abletools, below RM100, the accessories are dirt cheap compared to my ex B&D RTX-1 (300 bucks for the tool).

go to Jln Pasar and you should find them. not pretty but does the job well.
wah ...100 ++ is very affordable.... i wanna get it.... how it looks like??? and, where exactly to get?? jalan pasar... not those electronic shop rite??

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I plan to put the rings around my GTi front spot lights since my fog lights KO already. It's a perfect place since already got round lights in a round hole.

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
wow just now i saw n bmw 5 series old type la... got the angel eyes... damn chun.. haha... duno how he did it... or mayb got sold in some accessories shop?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by InitialD@Sep 24 2004, 13:39
Thanks guys. I might need to borrow the special tools from Stanley. Actually, is there any difference between plastic rod and acrylic rod?
acrylic is a form of plastic.

The name is the chemical composition in that 'plastic'

it's the same as calling all plastics in general, plastic.
plastic has many types, such as, Polycarbonate (PC) Polypropolyene(PP) Polyethelyene (PET) acrylic, PTFE/ Teflon, etc..etc..

it's the same as calling steel, metal. Metal has so many types, aluminium, copper, brass (copper + tin) , platinum, gold, etc..etc..

so, for us being more educated in these sense, let's refer to the plastics we use by their given name.

btw, the TRADE name for acrylic is PERSPEX :) so it's the same.
just like : PTFE/Teflon, PolyCarbonate/Lexan

what special tools do i have? :huh:

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by khaixtreme+Sep 24 2004, 19:36 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (khaixtreme @ Sep 24 2004, 19:36 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Indecided@Sep 23 2004, 20:15
khai,

abletools, below RM100, the accessories are dirt cheap compared to my ex B&D RTX-1 (300 bucks for the tool).

go to Jln Pasar and you should find them. not pretty but does the job well.
wah ...100 ++ is very affordable.... i wanna get it.... how it looks like??? and, where exactly to get?? jalan pasar... not those electronic shop rite?? [/b][/quote]
one time use cosed rm100+? not cheap liao loo......

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
acbc, i don't plan to put it inside the headlights. I plan to place it around my old spot/fog lights on my GTi. Actually.. my fog lights spoil already.. and I seldom use the fog lights as ppl told me the GTi fog lights angle is too high.... blinding other road users.

will post it up once it's done.

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Stanley, I think the rod's I got from the place u recommend is softer and flexible compared to the rods used in office blinds.... which is good too..easier to mold. I plan to dip it into hot water to melt it... using the oven is too risky as we don't know what temperature to use.. will test it first...

Yeah..another name for Acrylic is Perspex.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
hey guys.. dat day i saw a pair of spot lights... bout 3.5" - 4" diameter.... at Cosplus Acc.. oledi got angle eyes at de side... only rm78... no need DIY.. :lol:

Brothers also got dat type of spotlight.. but much expensive... rm188.. size i think 4".. it can on de ring light n spot light separately... B)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear fellow forumers,

I'm currently located around Chinatown area, KL

Need some of the sifu's help here.

Can anyone recommend a good and reputable place to repair/service may Honda jazz aircon?
I think the compressor has konked up, I'm not quite familiar with workshops around this area.

My guess is I might need a recon compressor or somebody who can repair the magnetic clutch of the compressor. I'm a driving a 2004 Honda jazz cvt.

For those who have a good place to recommend can text...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience