Wheels vs fenders

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi all,

pls mind me but I guess this thread is the nearest to this topic.

as pic atthached, i was wondering : What's wrong with it? it is on both Fr wheels. i know something is not right and i need advise from you guys / experts (chasis/ suspension).

1. she never had major accident event before the Fr cut ( from 1/2 cut) was converted.
2. handling wise - did not noticed any irregularity in handling.
3. just that, its not looking very nice when both Fr wheels seem to be moved to the Rr, not at the center of the fender.

the only thing i can think of is maybe she had an accident (the original car) in Jp that caused my Fr wheels not being at the center of the fender.

what i plan to do is to 'pull' the lower arm a bit to the Fr to make both wheels sit at the center of the fender. few workshops can do it but i'm not sure what 'll happen to whole Fr suspension :? (of course i've to re-allign the wheels) .
1. 'll it affect the Fr lower arms bushings :?:
2. 'll it affect the knuckle's bearings :?:
3. 'll it affect the strenght of the lower arm :?:
4. or worst, 'll it affect the safety factors :?: if i were to proceed 'pulling' both Fr lower arms a bit to the Fr :?:

if somebody ever had same issue, appreciate if u can share how u settled it.

technical advises from experts is highly appreciated :!:

cheers

Attachments

aivenrolx

Known Member
Jul 30, 2008
i think u changed evo3 lower arm ady..
mine previous was middle.. after change to evo 3 lower arm..
the wheel same as ur pic

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Evo arms are plug and play for Wiras but they aren't a perfect fit. The gap is normal. If you go and "pull" the thing, you're going to damage the arm/cross member or something. I don't suggest you do it!

Live with the gap if it's not bothering your cars performance or swap back to Wira crossmember and all.

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
try change to evo 3 lower arm?
no, its from ca4a fr cut
:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Evo arms are plug and play for Wiras but they aren't a perfect fit. The gap is normal. If you go and "pull" the thing, you're going to damage the arm/cross member or something. I don't suggest you do it!

Live with the gap if it's not bothering your cars performance or swap back to Wira crossmember and all.
it performed well so far. but, when u look at it .... hisssshhhhhhhhh !!!

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

get superpro caster increase bushings.
sorry, r u saying 'superpro caster increase bushings' s it is name of suspensions parts?
appreciate if u can elaborate more. can suggest where can i get it ah? tq

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Quite normal to have this, never perfect.....
i looked around.. but there r guys who did this transplanting have an ideal look at the same area..
:confused:

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Helo,
Still bout the same issue, as pic atthached, if the 'tarik' procedure take place, which part of the car/ suspension 'll they do it on?
Tq.
P/s: checked wit the guy who were selling superpro bushings in this forum but he said no stock. But is fiitting the supperpro bushing will setel this not center issue?

Attachments

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Helo,
Still bout the same issue, as pic atthached, if the 'tarik' procedure take place, which part of the car/ suspension 'll they do it on?
Tq.
P/s: checked wit the guy who were selling superpro bushings in this forum but he said no stock. But is fiitting the supperpro bushing will setel this not center issue?
One more, i dont thik changing to evo I/ II/III lower arm 'll setel this issue s few frens did it n still look the same

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
looks ackward(sorry bro)..but nobody can notice it lahh with mata kasar..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
old protons have this issue....

the superpro bushing was expensive but it works....plus better handling with additional caster change...

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
looks ackward(sorry bro)..but nobody can notice it lahh with mata kasar..
Aggree wit u..thats y i want to make it look good, I tell u..

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

old protons have this issue....

the superpro bushing was expensive but it works....plus better handling with additional caster change...
I checked the price - boleh tahan la.. But sure ah fitting it 'll setel the tak center issue? Btw, s pic no.2, which parts they usually do it (tarik) on?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Aggree wit u..thats y i want to make it look good, I tell u..

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

I checked the price - boleh tahan la.. But sure ah fitting it 'll setel the tak center issue? Btw, s pic no.2, which parts they usually do it (tarik) on?

high chance it would make a bit of correction....but for 100% i'm not sure....

because the bushes main purpose was to adjust more caster angle for better handling....

*regarding the area they usually will tarik near the lower arm mounting point.... (if it can be done)

as both of my car (*in signature) got this issue as well...but never bothered about it as long as it drives ok and my alignment was fine... :driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. i from LMC(lancer motoring club)SG..

wann know:

1.More mod from u guy from malaysia as u all are hardcore..

2.Where do u all common tune-up garage? is its near JB?

if u all are free come to LancerMotoringClub.com - The Ultimate Lancer Community for a visit..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience