What's the next car you'll buy?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
ixeo,
my experience with the bold is as u mentioned...amusing.
Its a misbehaving people carrier and most of the drivers whom drove them behave in a naughty manner. They dont road bully but they makes other driver angry...its those 'wtf' moment we often watch on youtube where unsuspecting car driver either could not keep up or shake this pesky people mover of their tail. I did read somewhere that the throttle mapping of the bold is more agressive compared to the Preve. Test drive both back to back and u will notice the bold is more eager pouncing forward where the preve is more civilised. i wont be exagerating if i said this mpv puts grin on the driver face.

All is well for the bold except that it does not come with ESC, more airbag, traction control (only later model has it but just 4 airbag).earlier model have lower leather seat quality.

i might still choose the exora but we will se. too many choice out there...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
ixeo,
Its a misbehaving people carrier and most of the drivers whom drove them behave in a naughty manner. They dont road bully but they makes other driver angry...its those 'wtf' moment we often watch on youtube where unsuspecting car driver either could not keep up or shake this pesky people mover of their tail. I did read somewhere that the throttle mapping of the bold is more agressive compared to the Preve. Test drive both back to back and u will notice the bold is more eager pouncing forward where the preve is more civilised. i wont be exagerating if i said this mpv puts grin on the driver face.

All is well for the bold except that it does not come with ESC, more airbag, traction control (only later model has it but just 4 airbag).earlier model have lower leather seat quality.

Yeah, so I think the Exora IS a good buy if you want a budget fun people mover, only thing is FC higher than Alza. I believe its able to do what it does because of its gearing ratio. Because top speed is all about the gearing with sufficient power.

If for own use buy Exora, if you wanna be Grab go get Alza lol.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ixeo,

I got a friend who had a lemon of an Exora CFE. He had the dashboard removed twice, gearbox replaced once, engine god-knows what done a hundred times all within the warranty period. Shortly after warranty finished he traded it in for a Toyota Camry.

Just make sure you double triple check yeah. Cuz it sounds like an expensive gamble

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I got a friend who had a lemon of an Exora CFE. He had the dashboard removed twice, gearbox replaced once, engine god-knows what done a hundred times all within the warranty period. Shortly after warranty finished he traded it in for a Toyota Camry.

Just make sure you double triple check yeah. Cuz it sounds like an expensive gamble
Not just Exora CFE, any Proton has huge potential of being a lemon.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

With the CVT gb, most whom encounter gb problem are those sticking with the recommended CVT OCI.The cvt oil (blue in colour ) will turn dark black at about 40k km.it looks like used engine oil.

On the suprima s....u guys think one day it will become sought after like the Arena or Putra?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
With the CVT gb, most whom encounter gb problem are those sticking with the recommended CVT OCI.The cvt oil (blue in colour ) will turn dark black at about 40k km.it looks like used engine oil.

On the suprima s....u guys think one day it will become sought after like the Arena or Putra?
Nope. Confirm won’t. Arena is due to its practicality. Urban contractors love it because they don’t have to use a pick up.

Putra is because it’s actually a Mitsubishi. Very tuneable chassis with huge following.

Suprima is lol. I never understood why did it have to be so heavy. It’s really let down by the CVT.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, so I think the Exora IS a good buy if you want a budget fun people mover, only thing is FC higher than Alza. I believe its able to do what it does because of its gearing ratio. Because top speed is all about the gearing with sufficient power.

If for own use buy Exora, if you wanna be Grab go get Alza lol.
Do you mean that the exora places its engine rpm on the higher end compared to alza at the same speed in top gear ?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Do you mean that the exora places its engine rpm on the higher end compared to alza at the same speed in top gear ?
Actually I can't find their gear ratios anywhere, but its a logical explanation.

More like they have longer gear ratios than Alza, so that at any given speed, the Exora engine is at a lower RPM, and because the Exora is turbocharged it has a lot more torque at lower RPM versus the Alza -- which allows them to gear it longer.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Actually I can't find their gear ratios anywhere, but its a logical explanation.

More like they have longer gear ratios than Alza, so that at any given speed, the Exora engine is at a lower RPM, and because the Exora is turbocharged it has a lot more torque at lower RPM versus the Alza -- which allows them to gear it longer.
If i recall correctly, there is only min ratio and max ratio for cvt.no in between. let me see if i can find it in the manual.

on the Suprima, if i decided to go with it...is there any way i can override the function where it disable the dvd player when i put the gear to D?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If i recall correctly, there is only min ratio and max ratio for cvt.no in between. let me see if i can find it in the manual.

on the Suprima, if i decided to go with it...is there any way i can override the function where it disable the dvd player when i put the gear to D?
Got, throw the stock dvd player out and put a China player in.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
u r....if u come to my place i will ensure u are tied to the rambutan tree with kerengga for 20min before i let u enter..hahaha.

seriously...anybody use dvd player now? mehhh...

got plenty of china awesomely good 2din android powered HU with fully loaded function nowadays cheap2..

u name it...
gps
dvr
reverse
wifi
4g
bt definately
playstore fully function
which lead to obd2 display capable

and so many more like any android phone/tablet can do....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
u r....if u come to my place i will ensure u are tied to the rambutan tree with kerengga for 20min before i let u enter..hahaha.
Want meh. 50 shades of rambutan ah? Sorry la you’re not my type. Don’t sad ok.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Want meh. 50 shades of rambutan ah? Sorry la you’re not my type. Don’t sad ok.
CVT ratio for exora.
Min 0.46
Max 2.55
Final 5.76

If using SAT / CPS manual
1st 2.42 / 3.583
2nd 1.28 / 1.947
3rd 0.90 / 1.379
4th 0.70 / 1.03
5th 0.55 / 0.767
6th 0.46

Just if anyone interested...reverse is 2.55.
SAT is useless...so far my experience using SAT is jerky and it never shifts at the desired rpm. Imagine a normal auto 6 speeder with CVT behaviour.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

There is always a way to override it. I know most of them just need an earth wire, some need to disconnect one wire. The function is there to stop driver watching DVD while driving.......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi. i was wondering, wat effect if lets say a 15inch rims on the old perdana sei convert to a 17inch rims? overall size is still the same as the 15 inch rim tyres are thicker while 17 inch rims tyre are thinner.

whats the effect from chaging from 15 inch to 17 inch? and whats the effect of the thicker and thin tyres? thx. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience