What to get next?

r0yEE

Dec 4, 2008
Wuzup peeps..
well i'm almost done getting all the things for my dream ICE. but is there anything i left out??:hmmmm:

i got a pair of subs, 2 4 channel amps, a pair of mids, a pair of front components and 2 RCA cable for the subs. anything i need to get more?? i'm going to get a pre-amp too.
is there any other cables i need to get?

thankz guyz..

appleyard

Dec 20, 2004
Yes get a mono and a bigger alternator. After that try to run active

makai

Aug 1, 2008
so many... capacitor + bigger battery + bigger alternator + sound proof whole car + customize boot installation + a pillar + kick panel + distribution block + voltage stabilizer + etc etc .. the story goes on till u pokai :thefinger:

r0yEE

Dec 4, 2008
hahahah shiat man..
i just need some normal stuff.. nothin big..
any cables do i need more?

Zenn

Jul 12, 2005
all depends on how u configure the system, what HU are u using?

hopefully your target is 4 way active, add processor and play 3 way front components without passive. u already have enough amplifier channels.

r0yEE

Dec 4, 2008
HU i'm still using a kenwood, pretty old model but plan to change it cause i can't take out the face..
going to get a pre-amp next.. and what speaker cable do i get next? i already have two pairs of RCA cables..
zenn, can you explain more detail please?? cause i don't really know much of it.. heehee
thankz guys..

Zenn

Jul 12, 2005
like that just change better HU la, dont waste money getting pre amp. add that budget to HU to get better model.

4 way active means, with your 2 x 4 channel amps (8ch total) u can run:
2ch for tweeter
2ch for midrange
2ch for midbass
2ch bridged for sub.

only thing is to modify door or a-pillar to get a 3 way front system. maybe need to change one of the speakers.

however to play 4 way active u need a 4 way electronic xover, not easily available nor cheap.
other options are clarion hxd2 cd player with inbuilt 4 way xover, or get alpine PXA procesor, comes with 4 way xover inside. some other brands also got 4way, like audio control, etc...

r0yEE

Dec 4, 2008
sweet..
but i thought getting a pre-amp would be much better??cause it's a separate and easily controlled rite??

pisces23

Apr 30, 2005
like that just change better HU la, dont waste money getting pre amp. add that budget to HU to get better model.

4 way active means, with your 2 x 4 channel amps (8ch total) u can run:
2ch for tweeter
2ch for midrange
2ch for midbass
2ch bridged for sub.

only thing is to modify door or a-pillar to get a 3 way front system. maybe need to change one of the speakers.

however to play 4 way active u need a 4 way electronic xover, not easily available nor cheap.
other options are clarion hxd2 cd player with inbuilt 4 way xover, or get alpine PXA procesor, comes with 4 way xover inside. some other brands also got 4way, like audio control, etc...

Sifu Zenn, you seemed to forget about the KEF 6 full active crossover!!:biggrin:

Zenn

Jul 12, 2005
i did say its hard to find, anyway tib sold it oledi right? if not then can grab la...1k only hehe..

pisces23

Apr 30, 2005
i did say its hard to find, anyway tib sold it oledi right? if not then can grab la...1k only hehe..
You also seemed to forget I am also having one in my store room!!

r0yEE

Dec 4, 2008
1k?!! man shit.. that's a bom aite.. maybe i'll get that next time..
HU also might not be changing.. spend all on my amps, subs, cables, volt stabilizer and grounding cable..
if get a HU i'll get back Kenwood ones again.. currently now my Kenwood is not a removable faceplate. i'm just affraid that my screen will get smashed...:banghead: will it?? :confused:

Anyone willing to share their experience after transplant into 4G91/4G92/4G93?

This could helpful when there are ppl which consider transplant their "PROTXX" car into MITSUBITSHI engine.... :shades_smile: