How to tell if a battery is what is specified and new?

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hi Sifus, :wavey:

I not sure what is the correct way to tell if a battery is new and has what the spec says.

1. there is a sticker on the battery showing the specs. But it seems it can be peeled off and stick with any sticker.

2. after choosing a battery, i walked over to the other side of the workshop. Then the service personnel brought a battery over and installed it into the bay. I asked if its a new one. He showed me plastic terminal caps removed from it. But i did not see it 1st hand the removal.
The terminals looked like new as there were no scratches on the sides.

3. Is there a serial number on the battery for tracing? Do workshops record them?

I suppose beginners like me may not know how experts like yourselves ensure you get what you paid for in a new battery.

Hope to get some pointers.

sincerely
Richard :driver:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
The physical condition of the battery is extremely clean, no rust , no yellow plastic parts, less visible scratch and your headlight is brighter than before...

This is the usual condition of a new battery....

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
get one that is still in the packiging might help?

thats what i do at least ask for the packaging with the excuse of wan to recycle the paper box part...

cheers...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Tips to improve Fuel Economy

(Applicable for all vehicles including Cars, motorcycles, trucks, bikes etc)

Here are some very good tips on improving your vehicle's Fuel Economy / Increase Fuel Efficiency / Mileage. You’ll be amazed with these techniques and tips which seem so simple yet improve Fuel Efficiency drastically. In view of increasing fuel prices it is becoming more and more prudent to use them.

Use your gears wisely
Try to switch...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience