What is this Air Valve for??

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
Sifus,

I just got this adjustable coilover for my corolla and i noticed this air valve at the pillow ball side. Anyone knows what it's for? If so, what gas to be injected in there and what is the pressure? It's a BuddyClub fully adjustable coilovers with inverted monotube design. Please advise.. I'm sure some enthusiast out there knows what it's for. Thank you!!!!

Attachments

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
can u post pics from the bottom of the thing..

maybe it's a part of the shock absorber..

:biggrin:

Last edited:

kirayamato

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
i believe that could be the air valve to inject compressed nitrogen into the abs. as you know, inverted monotube has the gas chamber on top instead of bottom.

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
i don dare to press it cos not sure wad will happen. Yes, it's an inverted monotube design, so the bottom of the shaft is for u to adjust the soft hard settings. So u guys sure it's to inject nitrogen inside there???

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
i don dare to press it cos not sure wad will happen. Yes, it's an inverted monotube design, so the bottom of the shaft is for u to adjust the soft hard settings. So u guys sure it's to inject nitrogen inside there???
no need to press la bro...maybe the valve is use when you service and tuning the abs...almost can confirm it is nitrogen...and its commonly use in abs...even non adjustable abs have some sort of gas in them...and i berani bet its nitrogen...for the reason nitrogen is inert and abundance in atmosphere...78% to be exact..some high end abs use other exotic inert gas like argon and helium...for us mere mortals...nitrogen is good enough...

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
no need to press la bro...maybe the valve is use when you service and tuning the abs...almost can confirm it is nitrogen...and its commonly use in abs...even non adjustable abs have some sort of gas in them...and i berani bet its nitrogen...for the reason nitrogen is inert and abundance in atmosphere...78% to be exact..some high end abs use other exotic inert gas like argon and helium...for us mere mortals...nitrogen is good enough...
Thanks bro bera for your confidence and advice. I guess no need to touch it as long as my coilovers are not giving me any problems.

As for the gas pressure rating, any ideas or any tables/references that we can find??

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
no problem bro...and always a pleasure sharing my limited knowledge...but if you need some further reading can go here...a very informative page i stumble before this...so you can get a clearer picture...(be prepare to be shocked...the writer crap all over Japanese brand) :banghead:

Autocross to Win (DGs Autocross Secrets) - Shocks

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
I'm also using Buddy Club Racing Spec but don't recall seeing this valve la...

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
I'm also using Buddy Club Racing Spec but don't recall seeing this valve la...
I believe your design is not the inverted monotube type. That's why I believe you have the soft-hard adjustment on the top there. What do you think of buddy club coilovers? I think it's great for street driving, just the right amount of comfort and handling.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
I believe your design is not the inverted monotube type. That's why I believe you have the soft-hard adjustment on the top there. What do you think of buddy club coilovers? I think it's great for street driving, just the right amount of comfort and handling.
Nope, the soft/hard adjustment in at the bottom. It's an "upside down" type. I like the Buddy Club better than my previous 2 sets; JIC & RG Japan.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

WTF... today my car kena pecah driver side window... around 10+pm at SAFIZ Sri Hartamas. I drew the diagram for easier explaination (sorry not that clear once saved as jpg).

I was originally yum cha-ing at the outside tables... till it started to drizzle... so mah sat under the shade lar (as indicated by "X").

Then i heard my alarm shock sensor rang... so i went to check and see la if anything happened to my car... tot nothing will happen coz' so many people summore car so nearby only...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience