What is this Air Valve for??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

tonyops

Known Member
Sifus,

I just got this adjustable coilover for my corolla and i noticed this air valve at the pillow ball side. Anyone knows what it's for? If so, what gas to be injected in there and what is the pressure? It's a BuddyClub fully adjustable coilovers with inverted monotube design. Please advise.. I'm sure some enthusiast out there knows what it's for. Thank you!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 176
can u post pics from the bottom of the thing..

maybe it's a part of the shock absorber..

:biggrin:

Last edited:
i believe that could be the air valve to inject compressed nitrogen into the abs. as you know, inverted monotube has the gas chamber on top instead of bottom.

i don dare to press it cos not sure wad will happen. Yes, it's an inverted monotube design, so the bottom of the shaft is for u to adjust the soft hard settings. So u guys sure it's to inject nitrogen inside there???

i don dare to press it cos not sure wad will happen. Yes, it's an inverted monotube design, so the bottom of the shaft is for u to adjust the soft hard settings. So u guys sure it's to inject nitrogen inside there???

no need to press la bro...maybe the valve is use when you service and tuning the abs...almost can confirm it is nitrogen...and its commonly use in abs...even non adjustable abs have some sort of gas in them...and i berani bet its nitrogen...for the reason nitrogen is inert and abundance in atmosphere...78% to be exact..some high end abs use other exotic inert gas like argon and helium...for us mere mortals...nitrogen is good enough...

no need to press la bro...maybe the valve is use when you service and tuning the abs...almost can confirm it is nitrogen...and its commonly use in abs...even non adjustable abs have some sort of gas in them...and i berani bet its nitrogen...for the reason nitrogen is inert and abundance in atmosphere...78% to be exact..some high end abs use other exotic inert gas like argon and helium...for us mere mortals...nitrogen is good enough...
Thanks bro bera for your confidence and advice. I guess no need to touch it as long as my coilovers are not giving me any problems.

As for the gas pressure rating, any ideas or any tables/references that we can find??

no problem bro...and always a pleasure sharing my limited knowledge...but if you need some further reading can go here...a very informative page i stumble before this...so you can get a clearer picture...(be prepare to be shocked...the writer crap all over Japanese brand) :banghead:

Autocross to Win (DGs Autocross Secrets) - Shocks

I'm also using Buddy Club Racing Spec but don't recall seeing this valve la...

I'm also using Buddy Club Racing Spec but don't recall seeing this valve la...

I believe your design is not the inverted monotube type. That's why I believe you have the soft-hard adjustment on the top there. What do you think of buddy club coilovers? I think it's great for street driving, just the right amount of comfort and handling.

I believe your design is not the inverted monotube type. That's why I believe you have the soft-hard adjustment on the top there. What do you think of buddy club coilovers? I think it's great for street driving, just the right amount of comfort and handling.

Nope, the soft/hard adjustment in at the bottom. It's an "upside down" type. I like the Buddy Club better than my previous 2 sets; JIC & RG Japan.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom