What are you driving now?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Factory weigher bridge is always ON even night shift.
About seat, I need to consider my butt. Hahaha... U see my fb or not.
So, you go and weight your car there. Actually what was that bridge for?

Need to check your fb and see what you are talking about. :rofl:

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Actually that guy is not my friend but I sort of know him because I went to his shop to change tyre before. He is the boss. Now after he sold off his Perdana, he got himself a Version 8 Impreza WRX STI. The updated version 8 or what people call as Version 8.5. Now he said his new car felt like it was clawing on the road with a lot of grip.

Use stock rim? But the rim on your photo is not stock. Use Evo brakes minimum you need 15 inch wheels. Remember that your wheel PCD will change to 114.3 if you are using Evo wheel hub.

If you are really swapping to 4G63T, best to leave it stock. Satria is very light, stock 4G63T will be very powerful for this car. Basic mods are applicable like air filter, exhaust piping (this is compulsory anyway since you can't use back Satria or Evo stock piping), aluminum radiator. Just don't play with engine internals and that should be fine.
of course Subaru more grip, it come from factory like that, and no way to compare that evo converted wira. but another question arise; why he does not buy evo but subaru? coz he has been on evo on his wira and perdana..

My rim is stock bro, come with the car. rims that been rolling for the car for 20 years

Yes, thats my intention, 4g63 is powerful enough for a satria even in stock, so leave it stock and also to avoid future problems too.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
of course Subaru more grip, it come from factory like that, and no way to compare that evo converted wira. but another question arise; why he does not buy evo but subaru? coz he has been on evo on his wira and perdana..

My rim is stock bro, come with the car. rims that been rolling for the car for 20 years

Yes, thats my intention, 4g63 is powerful enough for a satria even in stock, so leave it stock and also to avoid future problems too.
i wonder why too..some mod on evo3 can bring to later evo..

anyway, among perdana evo i've spoken with, they change their car

perdana stock -> 6a12tt -> evo3 ->bmw/subaru.

some skip the tt phase..but bmw/subaru is the choice after evo3 transplant..have not meet ex-perdana user using evo yet. I perhaps will contribute to the statistic looking for subie..hahaha:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
His is factory, sure must be accurate weight for goods going out mah!.....lol
Mine also manufacturing company what. But they are not controlled goods unlike his, which is sugar. Perhaps when it comes to controlled items, they are more serious about weight. Last time when I am doing invoice for custom clearance, they told me to put in your own estimation for individual gross and net weight, then calculate yourself. :rofl:

I'm not sure why he went for Impreza either. He also told me that he is a fan of Evo during the first time I met him which was the time when he just sold off his Perdana Evo. He said he was considering R34 Skyline GT-T at the moment. Few months later, I saw Impreza WRX STI at his shop already. Perhaps it is cheap as he told me that he got it for 60k. Evo 8 in comparison can never be had for that price. Minimum 80k is needed.

Never seen that wheel before. Or do you have a better photo of it?

Even if it is kept stock, you can still expect wear and tear problems to appear but those should be easy to fix compared to problems that arise after heavy modding.

i wonder why too..some mod on evo3 can bring to later evo..

anyway, among perdana evo i've spoken with, they change their car

perdana stock -> 6a12tt -> evo3 ->bmw/subaru.

some skip the tt phase..but bmw/subaru is the choice after evo3 transplant..have not meet ex-perdana user using evo yet. I perhaps will contribute to the statistic looking for subie..hahaha:smokin:
But those 4G63T that he played with are the old ones with timing belt on left side. If he is getting Evo after Evo 3, all of those are using newer 4G63T with timing belt on right side. I don't think the mod parts for older 4G63T can be brought over to the newer one except for general use parts like turbocharger, intercooler, radiator. Engine specific parts I think many are not compatible.

For me, I think it will be a waste to go for 6A12TT if you don't plan to stick to that engine. Change to 4G63T later need to modify engine mouting again and source for more parts.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
AWD actually should initially accelerate faster from stand still for high powered cars coz it has 4 wheels to provide better traction despite having more power loss from the engine to the wheels. FWD cars even though may channel more power to the wheels, it can easily wheel spin especially as the weight is transferred to the rear, hence you'd loose acceleration. You need very grippy tires to help traction for high powered FWD plus stiffer setup to counter the weight transfer from front to back. That's why so far powerful production FWD cars are still just limited to around 300-350HP while AWD are basically unlimited (remember the Veyron & Chiron are AWD).
oh yes, not gona argue with that, under a certain amount of power 2wd is fine, but pass a certain point, no challange

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
oh yes, not gona argue with that, under a certain amount of power 2wd is fine, but pass a certain point, no challange
Suddenly I have one question when you all are talking about 2WD VS 4WD. Lets say if I have a 4WD car like Evo or STI and I lock the gearbox to operate only on RWD. So, will I experience the kind of power similar to those FWD locked Evo Wira/Satria/Putra/Perdana or the power will still slightly lower due to transfer losses to rear differential?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Suddenly I have one question when you all are talking about 2WD VS 4WD. Lets say if I have a 4WD car like Evo or STI and I lock the gearbox to operate only on RWD. So, will I experience the kind of power similar to those FWD locked Evo Wira/Satria/Putra/Perdana or the power will still slightly lower due to transfer losses to rear differential?
HP to HP might have..due to mechanical parts..but dont think you would notice it..

experience wise...RWD > FWD ..the RWD push is better than FWD pull... :burnout:

but why lock it..AWD is rocket..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
HP to HP might have..due to mechanical parts..but dont think you would notice it..

experience wise...RWD > FWD ..the RWD push is better than FWD pull... :burnout:

but why lock it..AWD is rocket..
A question of curiosity only. If it is my car, of course I won't lock it as I like 4WD over RWD.

He wants to drift.......lol:driver:
Drifting needs a lot of skill which I don't have. :rofl:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Same situation for my car. But mine is not because of heaviness, more like because it is not powerful. :biggrin:

Having a bit more weight is good for your car since short wheelbase cars tend to be a bit unstable at high speed compared to long wheel base cars.

So driving below 2.5k rpm is difficult? The car feels slow?

At city driving where you need a sudden burst of acceleration for short sprint, I think 2nd gear is fun enough. :biggrin:
Longer wheelbase car is also more stable in long sweeping corners

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, any of you have experience with 4wd system on satria chasis?
it is pnp or need modifications on the chasis?
thx for sharing:proud:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience