Water In My Headlight

nagacyber

Feb 14, 2004
Cheras
yesterday i had to drive my wira through the flood in front of menara PGRM.. aiyark!.. now my headlight got water inside n my horn sounds kinda funny and not loud as usually.. how to flush the water out? n y my horn sound like that? got water inside also?

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
yep, horn masuk water too

hmm.. this can d.i.y ... all u need is vacuum cleaner, tisue or cloth n cotton buds[maybe needed]...
u open d lamp n horn, then wipe d water using cloth or buds.. then u vacuum..
then let it dry...
when put back, screw it carefully n tight... :D :lol:
[seen my fren do tis stuffs after lalu flood]

nagacyber

Feb 14, 2004
Cheras
how do i open the headlight? never done b4 so not quite sure.. hehe.. and where's the location of the horn? i cant seem find it.. huhu.. a noob really.. :blink:

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
dont dismantle the lamp.. juz open the bulbs, then u masuk vacoom in the hole.. prefer u to cabut the lamp from car body, easier..
the horn im not sure where.. try picit, then hear from where.. usually stick to front bumper, in front of radiator.. good luck.. might save ur $$$ :D

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by e-jump@Apr 4 2004, 06:04 PM
dont dismantle the lamp.. juz open the bulbs, then u masuk vacoom in the hole.. prefer u to cabut the lamp from car body, easier..
the horn im not sure where.. try picit, then hear from where.. usually stick to front bumper, in front of radiator.. good luck.. might save ur $$$ :D
why not dismantle the light cover ? Vacumn also will not clean the water mark... <_<

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
Originally posted by g88+Apr 5 2004, 11:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (g88 @ Apr 5 2004, 11:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-e-jump@Apr 4 2004, 06:04 PM
why not dismantle the light cover ? Vacumn also will not clean the water mark... <_< [/b][/quote]
Caution! do not dismantle. I tried it before and swear to god..i wouldn't wanna try it again unless you got the right tool. Still it's not advisable. Superpower glue also wont stick the damn lamb back in a proper way...

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
yeah..my fren kena...
but if u open n cant put it back properly, might got hole for rain water to masuk.. later got foggy water on the glass..
maybe silikon seal can help...
but i suggest dont dismantle it...nanti kena like crashvenom
after u ty vacuum, then jemur to dry

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by Crashvenom+Apr 5 2004, 11:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crashvenom @ Apr 5 2004, 11:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by g88@Apr 5 2004, 11:43 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-e-jump
@Apr 4 2004, 06:04 PM
the horn im not sure where.. try picit, then hear from where.. usually stick to front bumper, in front of radiator.. good luck.. might save ur $$$  :D

why not dismantle the light cover ? Vacumn also will not clean the water mark... <_<
Caution! do not dismantle. I tried it before and swear to god..i wouldn't wanna try it again unless you got the right tool. Still it's not advisable. Superpower glue also wont stick the damn lamb back in a proper way... [/b][/quote]
I have tried DIY lasttime. Seal back using windscreen tyre silicon. Perfectly fine :P

Summore the light is brighter since reflector cleaner mah :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We still remember being extremely excited about the 200 HP, 2.5L V6 in the SVT Contour, so every time the think of FWD family sedans approaching 300 HP, we shake our heads in amazement. And if an Altima can have 275hp, then what the heck do automakers do with exotic sports cars? Easy, crank up the juice until drivers are able to break the sound barrier on the "Interstate" track. Somewhere around...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience