Wat do u think about Drifters in Malaysia??

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
hahaha who is that mr.nismo.... maybe i've not back in kl for a looonnggg time man... i'm just basing my opinion on the videos my cousin recorded for me during the go-kart drift session in extreme park...

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Originally posted by DRFT_240sx@Oct 21 2004, 14:14
hahaha who is that mr.nismo.... maybe i've not back in kl for a looonnggg time man... i'm just basing my opinion on the videos my cousin recorded for me during the go-kart drift session in extreme park...
Aiyo, the go-kart track ah... the track is narrow, somemore it's wet, obviously it's not a high speed track, and all you need is 2nd gear to link the corners... unlike Irvindale, fuiyoooh 4th gear entry down to 3rd 7krpm 100mph tyre smoking action all the way... but once again, our cars cannot make it hehehehe... :P

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
No doubt Malaysian are abit slow on advancement on drifting. well its a good start and it will slowly catch up. Yup. like all other say. parts here are hard to find, cars are limited and there is not drift track. + gokart tracks are not proper drift tracks.. they are too small but nontheless can be a drift track for the mean time. :)

About the slow part. yeah some of us are pretty slow. but they are some that goes above 100km/h ... guess you have not been in Malaysia for some time :)
As for my self. speed maybe one consideration. but i'll concentrate on control 1st before moving up on the speed factor.

And yes. Some of us Malaysian keep all our savings just to get a rps13. Therefore
we wont go super fast to test our limits. taking it nice and slow. :)

Btw, In D1 Japan, usually they dont go above 120km/h or 70m/h too.. only in the States they rev out their 3rd gear. Speed may looks nice but smaller and tighter + slower track then irwandale will be more technical and fun to look at :)

Anyway, it would be great to have more drifters learnt from oversea and bring back their style so Us Malaysian can improve over it.

So what are you guys waiting for ? get a RWD cars now ! :) woo hoo. rain rain rain

WAKO'S

Jun 18, 2004
HHHmm...
Guyz....
I think in the game of drift there is a lot of kind..
wat I can see is...fr my opinion in all VCD or clips that i've watched b4
The Americans drifters = metal steel of balls...go 1st
The Japs drifters = skills...go 1st
Malaysian drifters = should be little bit of metal balls + little bit of skills..i think
well is just my 2 cent...
but for me...Im more on the Japs site.. :)

lil_jk

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sumwhere near your house
www.initial-d.com
i dunno, but remembered sumone in this forum saying that even those Americans can't even chose a right car to drift, what's more judging on their drifting skills....kekekekeke

uras

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
hi there drft 240sx.... how are u?? long time no see ... anywayz about the speed thingy ... its the first event ever held on a go kart track ...and u know the size of karting tracks are not that big ... in fact their build to cater for karts which is like what,so much smaller sized ... so to be able to carry the speeds currently seen on your downloaded videos is quite an achievement for alot .... somemore its a first time for practically everyone .. of course u need time to get used to the place .. and the amount of cars that day only limits each driver to 3 different times with about 10minutes of play each times ... and also with depleting water conditions ... meaning changes in grip on the track ... some get it faster so they go faster .... but then again,how long we started drifting ... there is always fear in phobia in crashing the car that makes some of us reluctant to go as fast .... well,anyway its still a good show ... come on dude ... what u see in the US can't be compared to what u see here .. there's just so mush support over there ... whereas we're making do with our means here all by ourselves ... so its not surprising that we don't improve as fast as those in the states ... given proper drift tracks ...i think there shouldn't be any problem for some of us matching the speeds of the japs anytime soon .. i've done 130km/h (speedometer reading) sideways down lucas corner in BT3 ... and so did some who did 3rd gear max rev drifts down a roundabout ... damn fun wei!!!! u should tryler ... or even better going sideways third gear bfr entering a 90degree single backlane.... until my fren who came back from japan screw and said WTF u all doing even the japs don't do this type of shit .. heehehehehehehheehhe!!!

WAKO'S

Jun 18, 2004
Uras..!! Sad ler...
Just come back fr Drift..wit few of them not to mention here..
after all that...around 12 something...
on my way back wit Tao...so decided to go for subang's corner..
eheheh...story not too long...enter corner fr 4th gear to 3rd
End up wit..?? hehehe...cars goin workshop tomorrow hehehe..
Aiyah...eheheh...accually I oredi damn tired oredi ler..
we play 9 something till 12...

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
hehe oops sorry , i dont mean to offend anyone just an opinion. sorry sorry everyone dont mean to base my opinion on those videos. =)

how are u uras, me ah bored to death ler . KL more fun can join u guys ma at least. here all those gwai lo like shit only talk and brag so much on their new mufflers on their car (rice boy) hhehehehe.

wah i didnt know u guys are that crazy , then i take back my words liao....

so wakos no more ssqv for me liao ah? =(

i hope i can come back to join u guys as soon as possible too one day. i would like to see drifitng grow in malaysia too. i have some plans like how they started out drifting here in states. i would think with support from fellow participants we can bring it up to the next level.

cheers

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
hie...hie...hie...

wako's....what happen yesterday?i had to leave early to send sumone back...who were there n what happen to ur car?

cheers'

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
Some Malaysian would push till this far in a car park:

(lol no thats a mistake. lolol)

like you guys said not all steel balls but skills are more important. lol :)

anyway yeah the states are always advance. What we need to do is to improve our self and also challange the thai's as they are the best in the region. It would be gaet if you learn from styles form the states and bring it back here :)

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Wakos: Sorry to hear about the incident. Hope everything is alright. Yes the Subang corner is kind of tricky..some parts you tend to under steer that at the off camber bit you'll start to over, so atcually its best to start slow and gradualy build your speed mid drift, as I've been told lar....

DRFT_240sx: Hi, I understand perfectly what you're trying to get at, but most importantly , I believe I know why you have led to think that way. Having spent a good 4 1/2 years in the States, I couldn't help but be amazed at the level of patriotism that the Americans have for their country.Their ethics of working hard and holding great pride in anything they do is what I believe have propelled them to be the leading nation in the world. However, as we all know , anything in excess isn't such a good thing and I have noticed that excess pride and patriotism prevails predominantly in most Americans. All I have to say is try to keep an open mind on things and make an effort to see things for yourself rather than drawing conclusion from what you read in the States. American drifters may be good but I not as good as what most of them believe they are.:)

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
hahaha zee i would bring back a group of steel of balls crazy fellas malaysian back to kl for sure. but would love to see the development of drifiting so hope u guys can document it online cause i would think that is how it got started in the states via internet with videos (good ones with music) and pictures and tech articles.

WAKO'S

Jun 18, 2004
SKAGEE: last night I wasnt the only 1 ler...some one accually can drift until the rear tyre fly out...wat I mean is Rim Wit No Tyre..!!! some more is a 17" guy guess who...eheheh We was like WTF here?? 1st time saw eheheh....

DRFT_240sx: Let me know when u are back k...
then I'll bring the SSQV to show u again...

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Well we might not be as hardcore as the people in the States, but look at us, we have:

- People drifting until rim fly out
- 4th enter 3rd on big u turn and kaboom
- Fishtailing and doing high speed drift and spin in the middle of highway
- Drift until almost whack or whack car parking at the side
- Drift until whack away the whole line of divider

What else... I guess a lot more but not to be mentioned here LOL

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
hahaha .... thats why i love malaysia so much ;)... im also newbie too , my opinion is so that u guys post more stuff online so can share and show the world ma.

=)

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
drft-240sx or should be call you DRFT_fc3s ? :),
I think what he meant was the car got new owner lau.. lol :)

anyway, yeah its a growing thing in Malaysia,It maybe slow but we are trying out best to promote the sport :), just incase you dunno about a drift site: check out my signature. :)

Rain rain rain. friday nite rain. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
agree with skagee... :rolleyes: they are good but then.... ;)

wakos - sorry to hear about ur car again :(

uras - u sold off ur car already...?no worries mate, surely u'll get something more exciting.. :D :D :D

Happy drifting Friday nite guys...... ;)

cheers'

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Proton Holdings, through its subsidiary, Proton Edar, together with total logistics provider, Konsortium Logistik, has just launched its state-of-the-art cetralised logistics hubs in Sijangkang and Tanjung Malim to handle fast delivery of vehicles as well as pre-delivery inspections.

The hubs, known as Center for Logistics, Allocation, Storage and Services (CLASS), was launched by Tun Dr. Mahathir...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience